2018 Decision Live Chat

Wouldn't it be funny if Annecy did what Pyeongchang did back in 2003. Come in with that was considered the weakest bid and shock Salzburg to the post?

I'd be in complete utter shock if Pyeongchang is dropped first. :o

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that is hampering Annecy the most this time around is timing & geopolitcs. Not to mention the big ups & downs in their campaign throughout the process. If it wasn't for these things, Annecy would be a very formidable bid. I think if they lose & decide to bid for 2022, their bid could be one of the favorites in that race.

To be fair, after their horrible stop-start to the campaign, I do think they shifted up a gear and were campaigning strongly the past few months. The trouble is, too little, too late.

Well, clearly, the problem isn't Annecy then, it's me. I just already have a preconception because of Albertville and the bad start that Annecy is just bad and must be avoided. I am wiling to accept I may be wrong, but I still have my reasons not to favor the bid.

One question: travel time between clusters for PC and Munich is within an hour either way. What about travel time between Chamonix and Annecy, if anyone knows?

Oh and I am on the feed myself. Just the fluff piece playing now.

They're all equal from my standpoint. And as far as being deserving, well, everyone deserved everything; just ask everyone.

Well, u have to start cutting down the list. Only 1 will emerge -- so one has to use whichever yardsticks, however subjective, are applicable to start the winnowing process.

Archived