2018 Decision Live Chat

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be so different from the 2016 race. I didn't sleep a wink, and followed the race starting at 1:30am. I also took the day off from work.

This time will be much different, but I will tune in for the vote, so see you then!

Actually I should have taken a day off, but since the election (as always) takes place on a Wednesday and thus in the middle of the week, that's pretty difficult to take that day off.

So, due to my work I will miss all the bid presentations -- unless I can dare a peek on the live stream from Durban from time to time. ;) But luckily, I will be finished by 5 p.m. CET when Jacques Rogge announces the result. And then I will have enough time for the rest of the day to either cry my eyes out, to be simply sobered or to party! ;)

I'll be observing for a while tonight, but I assume the actual decision will be about 2 or 3am Sydney time - a bit too late to stay the distance on a school night. I'll no doubt not sleep well, though, and wake early to check up first thing. And anyway, it'll probably be easier to post a word in edgewise here after the immediate torrent of comments.

I'm a bit nervous (I almost so much prefer the races where I'm not emotionally committed to one bid) - but, hey, as I've mentioned before it's almost a win-win situation for me. I'll be happiest if Munich wins, but there's a lot of things I'll be able to console myself with and be happy if PC wins it.

And if Annecy wins, we amateur armchair bidding "experts" and Annecy-doubters will deserve to have egg on our faces for getting it so wrong.

You can say that again! Could you imagine the sound and fury tomorrow!

And think of Tulsa's reaction!!

:blink:

*shudder*

Or nature :lol:

I will be pissed off as well if that joke wins tomorrow...

Or nature :lol:

I will be pissed off as well if that joke wins tomorrow...

As a Munich supporter, I will admit I have a bit of ambivalence about how a Munich win will set off nature. I'm going to be embarrassed how he'll react if Munich gets up. Just remember guys, don't judge all us Munich boosters by him. And remember the real Germans here have been pretty fair, even low-key, during the campaign.

I told myself I would not get too nervous. Always do.

And yet, here I am, feeling a bit like a father waiting for a baby to be born, we just do not know the gender yet.

I'm game to chat. I will be home for the balloting and the results. The presentations might be on too early in the morning unless I feel like pulling an all-nighter.

Convince me.

If so... aw, hell, I'll stay up. I may be a curmudgeon by the time Rogge opens the envelope, but it'll be fun.

Cape Town time is 6 hours ahead of the Eastern Standard Timezone.

I just got home and was quite surprised that the start of it is in like 3 hours.

So it begins at 2:30am Eastern Standard Time. Am I correct? It's like 3 hours away

You're right, it is 5:43 here...

You can say that again! Could you imagine the sound and fury tomorrow!

And think of Tulsa's reaction!!

:blink:

*shudder*

Judging by my negative reputation point on that post, a Annecy fan has already reacted... :D

Archived