PC: No Org. Experience? Lies!

I don't know why it hasn't been brought out here before, but I just learned that in 2013, PyeongChang will actually be hosting another IOC-related event, the Xth Winter Special Olympics -- the Winter version of what Athens is currently hosting as we post!!

And those nuts, N & T -- of course, spun all their lies about the "No Organizational" ability of PyeongChang and the Koreans!! :angry:

http://www.sportsfeatures.com/presspoint/pressrelease/51626/korea-to-host-2013-special-olympics-world-winter-games

KOREA TO HOST 2013 SPECIAL OLYMPICS WORLD WINTER GAMES

15 September 2010 - Seoul, Korea—Special Olympics International announced today that Pyeongchang, Korea will be the host site for the 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games, after a decision was made by the Special Olympics International Board of Directors. The 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games will attract more than 2,500 athletes from 105 nations to compete in seven Olympic-type sports. At a press event in Seoul today a memorandum of agreement was signed by Congresswoman Na Kyung Won, Chairperson of the 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games Preparatory Committee, and Nadia Comaneci, Olympic Gold Medalist and Vice Chair of the Special Olympics International Board of Directors. Also present were Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Yu Inchon; Governor Lee Kwang Jae of Gangwon Provincial Government; Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger; Olympic Gold Medalist and member of Special Olympics International Board of Directors, Bart Conner; Actress and Special Olympics Global Ambassador, Zhang Ziyi; Special Olympics Korea athlete, Kim Min Young; Special Olympics Korea Chair, Woo Kee Jung; Special Olympics Korea Senior Vice Chair, Kim Byeong Deok; and newly announced 2013 Special Olympics Games Ambassador, Yunjin Kim.

Following in the footsteps of Boise, Idaho, USA, the host of the 2009 Special Olympics World Winter Games, and joining Athens, Greece, the host of the upcoming 2011 Special Olympics World Summer Games, this event will be one of the largest winter multi-sport events ever held in Korea. Possible sports venues include Alpensia Nordic Centre for nordic skiing, Alpensia Biathlon Centre for snowshoeing, Yong Pyong Resort for alpine skiing and snowboarding, Yong Pyong Dome for figure skating and Gangneung Skating Arena for speed skating.

"After review of a comprehensive bid proposal and a visit by the Special Olympics World Games site selection committee, it was proven that Korea provides excellent sports venues, incredible community support and unprecedented passion for the athletes of our movement," said member of the Special Olympics International Board of Directors, Bart Conner.

"Special Olympics World Winter Games provide a global stage for our athletes to showcase their talents and we invite the world to join our world of welcome - a world of inclusion and mutual respect, without bias or prejudice," added Timothy P. Shriver, Chairman and CEO of Special Olympics International. "I cannot think of a better place than Pyeongchang, Korea for these upcoming Winter World Games where the world will unite through sport."

Congresswoman Na Kyung Won, Chairperson for the Preparatory Committee of the 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games stated, "The Special Olympics World Winter Games will take another step forward and South Korea is eager to make it happen. Unlike 60years ago when South Korea was the beneficiary of support from other nations, today we are extending our help to support others. As a nation, we are ready and willing to make a difference in the world today and are committed to hosting a successful 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games and extending to all who attend the warmth and hospitality of our citizens."

In addition to world-class competition in alpine skiing, cross-country skiing, figure skating, floor hockey, snowboarding, snowshoe racing and speed skating, the 2013 Special Olympics World Winter Games will also provide a venue for global discussions and action on the impact Special Olympics can have on the lives of people with intellectual disabilities. More than 200 million people worldwide have an intellectual disability, making it the largest disability group worldwide. Intellectual disability crosses racial, ethnic, educational, social and economic lines, and can occur in any family.

Every two years, thousands of Special Olympics athletes worldwide come together to showcase their athletic skills and celebrate the spirit of Special Olympics. The first Special Olympic World Games took place in 1968 and since then have evolved into a world-class sporting event, attracting a wide range of sponsors, supporters and media. Alternating between Summer Games and Winter Games, Special Olympics World Games bring public attention to the talents and capabilities of people with intellectual disabilities, helping to change attitudes and break down barriers that excluded them from the mainstream of the community. The next Special Olympics World Games will be the 2011 Special Olympics World Summer Games to be held in Athens, Greece, 25 June through 4 July, 2011. More information about those upcoming Games can be found at http://www.athens2011.org.

Equal? Nothing heard about hosting anything in Alpine Skiing, Nordic Skiing or Ice Hockey. Germany is far superior in hosting sport events. So is France!

God, u sound like those 2 trolls. Of course, the OLDER nations have more experience! DUh!!

But even you had to start somewhere too. Can't believe that even you pull out sh*t like that. U obviously DON'T UNDerstand what the Olympics are all about.

God, u sound like those 2 trolls. Of course, the OLDER nations have more experience! DUh!!

But even you had to start somewhere too. Can't believe that even you pull out sh*t like that. U obviously DON'T UNDerstand what the Olympics are all about.

We all know, that you are the only one who knows everything about the Olympics. :rolleyes:

Why did Korea NEVER bid for an Alpine Skiing or Nordic Skiing World Championship to get some experience? Lets begin with that. Even Canada hosted a Nordic W-Ch in Thunderbird 1997.

I am really wonder, is there any impact on Southeast Asia, South Asia, Middle East ? and contribute to the Korean peninsula peace ? They are very much an amateur. Japan in Asia, but, sounds like Never held in Asia.

The promise of ticket sales.

Annecy 160 million

Munich 190 million

Pyeongchang 208 million ?

A Very Good, Welcome to Pyeongchang. :rolleyes:

Baron, I guess the main point is not that Pyeongchang or Korea in general have hosted so few winter sports events so far, but that Pyeongchang hosted at least one winter sports event so far which was pretty much of a disaster and has made their Olympic bid absolutely not look good. The Biathlon World Championships in 2009 were a disaster with an almost complete lack of audience, very poorly prepared course and other organisational flaws.

Special Games? :rolleyes:

Everybody doesn't care... Nobody watch this kind of event...

Well then, that's the very reason they shouldn't give it to Annency if you are the example of Annency fans. The Olympics teach MOST considerate people that for all the money, attention and rewards showered upon "regular, normal" atheltes, they and their fans should ALSO take time to think of and even give some attention to those nature did not bless as much as the next person. de Coubertin and his successors and keepers of the Eternal Flame, in taking the Paralympics, the Special Olympics and the Deaflympics under their wing, had hoped to engender a "generosity of spirit" which OBVIOUSLY, YOU trolls - nUture and Tulsa -- DO NOT HAVE!

So NO OLYMPICS 4 U, you churlish gnomes -- until learn a little humanity and humility!! :P

So much for "good luck" and being a "good sport."

Why do the trolls even bother wishing Pyeongchang good luck on the main board if one day later they are going to return to using insults?

Sorry but I speak only about special games... Not about PC. I would like mean if Specials games are in other country or city, everybody doesn't care so...

THe only events whom interest spectators are worldcup, worldchampionship, Xgames, and WoG...

Sorry but I speak only about special games... Not about PC. I would like mean if Specials games are in other country or city, everybody doesn't care so...

THe only events whom interest spectators are worldcup, worldchampionship, Xgames, and WoG...

Tulsa, even before Annency's loss is made OFFICIAL, you obviously do NOT possess any Olympic spirit...much LESS a human spirit. No wonder you're just a dumb coach in the hinterlands of the Savoie.

U really must have a pea-sized soul!!

Tulsa, even before Annency's loss is made OFFICIAL, you obviously do NOT possess any Olympic spirit...much LESS a human spirit. No wonder you're just a dumb coach in the hinterlands of the Savoie.

U really must have a pea-sized soul!!

:rolleyes:

You have a monkey spirit, IT'S IS OFFICIAL

It's really funny: Last time we had a host city election, the guys who really got riled up and hot-blooded about it were the Brazilian forum members, since they were "involved" in that race. Now an actually uninvolved American continuously fights like a lion against someone (only allegedly) coming from Korea and someone from France. And I as a German only shrug my shoulders. ;)

That said, I'm terribly glad when this bid race is history and this kind of mud-slinging stops.

It's really funny: Last time we had a host city election, the guys who really got riled up and hot-blooded about it were the Brazilian forum members, since they were "involved" in that race. Now an actually uninvolved American continuously fights like a lion against someone (only allegedly) coming from Korea and someone from France. And I as a German only shrug my shoulders. ;)

That said, I'm terribly glad when this bid race is history and this kind of mud-slinging stops.

Same here. I enjoyed the 2014 race much more here when the supporters from different bids were friendly to each other.

I never understood why the 2018 supporters couldn't do the same. It's such a shame to have to insult another bid just to support your own.

You know, when it became clear that this race would pit Germany and France against each other, I had fears based on past bid races here that we could get some really heated hostilities between the two groups here. But none of those fears materialised at all - good on you guys! You've conducted the banter here very sportsmanlike and restrained. In fact, I'm a bit surprised how restrained many of the regular German members like yourself and CAF have been in this race.

Of course, all the bile seems to have been directed by a narrow group to PyeongChang. But I guess that just shows which bid most fanatic supporters have been most scared of facing up against.

Umm the special games (Special Olympics) are not intended for spectators? It's more for those mentally disabled involved? It's an event that's about the athletes and not spectators? I mean spectators would be nice, but the whole event is about acknowledging mental disability awareness and celebrating those who try to achieve their best even if they are disabled.

Thinks about apart from bid. I don't think that can help create a new market for winter sports in Asia. How many skiers are there in Southeast Asia, South Asia ? The snow is absent in most Asian countries, conditions that can be enjoyed not yet. The Asian market is too limited in Japan and China. Korea market is too small. Actually, it's true. ^_^

Thinks about apart from bid. I don't think that can help create a new market for winter sports in Asia. How many skiers are there in Southeast Asia, South Asia ? The snow is absent in most Asian countries, conditions that can be enjoyed not yet. The Asian market is too limited in Japan and China. Korea market is too small. Actually, it's true. ^_^

Your brain is too small. Actually, it's true. ^_^;)

Specifically, What is about ? Can help create a new market for winter sports in Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Nepal, Maldives, Oman, Yemen, India, Syria, etc ?? Does Korea have an astronomical money ? Korea is just Korea, not Asia.

Specifically, What is about ? Can help create a new market for winter sports in Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Nepal, Maldives, Oman, Yemen, India, Syria, etc ?? Does Korea have an astronomical money ? Korea is just Korea, not Asia.

There are 26 Asian countries in all that have SNOW and PARTICIPATE in the WOGs; I listed those for your non-functioning brain in another post. Don't be such an idiotic NUMBSKULL!!

Stop it, Puppy!! It's getting ridiculous!!

Archived