Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob.

Who do you want to win, who do you think'll win?

2018 Winter Olympics  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which bid do you WANT to win?

2. 2. Which bid do you THINK will win?

Like worldracer said, i think it's time for PC already. However i think Munich might get this, i don't know why.

Well, I've voted for Munich but think PC might get it this time.

This has been quite a hard race to follow, given that no mainstream English-speaking news sources have had anything on it.

Here's what you get when you look for mentions of 2018 winter in UK news websites:

http://news.google.co.uk/news/search?pz=1&cf=all&ned=uk&hl=en&q=2018+winter+location:UK&cf=all&scoring=n

I would like to see PC pull it off, after reading the bid book and the IOC evaluation commsion report in May due to the iditic posts by Tulsa and Nature i changed my support from Munich to PC,

PC will win in a very close vote,

Like worldracer said, i think it's time for PC already. However i think Munich might get this, i don't know why.

Yeah, I think if PC doesn't win the majority in the 1st round of votes, it'll be Munich.

Yeah, I think if PC doesn't win the majority in the 1st round of votes, it'll be Munich.

They lost two times in a row already because of it (having won the first round but not with a majority)...although who knows if this might be a different case.

Munich will win.

IOC members will consider three things.

1. The best stage for athletes.

2. 80 years without the Winter Games in Germany.

3. Memories of the Munich Olympics.

Katrina will be make it.

Katarina will make it.

after reading the bid book and the IOC evaluation commsion report in May due to the iditic posts by Tulsa and Nature i changed my support from Munich to PC,

If I can change someone's mind it's a very remarkable ability.

I have been in Pyeongchang(Korea)!

May come from the PC bid committee !

Munich will win.

IOC members will consider three things.

1. The best stage for athletes.

2. 80 years without the Winter Games in Germany.

3. Memories of the Munich Olympics.

Katrina will be make it.

Katarina will make it.

PyeongChang. Giving it to PC represents the Olympic spirit. Denying PyeongChang a 3rd time makes a mockery of Olympism.

PyeongChang. Giving it to PC represents the Olympic spirit. Denying PyeongChang a 3rd time makes a mockery of Olympism.

If can be purchased with money and lie, it is a corruption of Olympism.

I think if the IOC doesn't award them to Pyeonchang the internal politics within the Committee will get very, very ugly. More regionalism; more block votes.

Each bid of theirs has been strong. Each bid improves on the last. And Kim Yu-Na has the youth factor; Witt doesn't.

^^ Goethe maybe if nature wouldn't be so pedantic (and no one replies to his pedanticness) this wouldn't happen. Is best to ignore him

I never wanted Sochi to win to begin with in 2007 , and I really tought it was a mockery back then, specially after PC excelent 2010 bid.

However, Munich has surprised me with their excelent bid as well, despite the national support doesn't seems that strong (which was a factor that contributed Rio to win)

Goethe maybe if nature

Well, guys means double, not single. Your baron's friend?

I'm Asian, Pyeongchang should be stopped using the name of Asia. Snow is absent in most of the Asian countries. There is no Asian market. If you need a new market, it will be China, not Asia. 2014 Sochi, 2016 Rio was a very important moment. It is time to return to the traditional region. In Germany, 80 years without the Winter Games, despite being the world's top winter sports nation. This is not a single geographic. I say just not a Korean, in terms of Earthman and Olympian.

If Korea cared for Asia, Asian Games in 2002 and 2014 would not have been attempted. It also would not have been attempted the 2022 World Cup bid again. Their double standards. I want to defeat their ugly hypocrisy.

The law is the law. Pyeongchang downhill venue is the primeval forest and national forest. Under current law, development is illegal. Korea's mountain conditions are not good. From the beginning, mountain conditions itself was impossible to host the Winter Olympics. If Pyeongchang wins Korea will be the lawless state, and the IOC will leave a black mark in Olympic history.

Well, guys means double, not single. Your baron's friend?

I'm Asian, Pyeongchang should be stopped using the name of Asia. Snow is absent in most of the Asian countries. There is no Asian market. If you need a new market, it will be China, not Asia. 2014 Sochi, 2016 Rio was a very important moment. It is time to return to the traditional region. In Germany, 80 years without the Winter Games, despite being the world's top winter sports nation. This is not a single geographic. I say just not a Korean, in terms of Earthman and Olympian.

If Korea cared for Asia, Asian Games in 2002 and 2014 would not have been attempted. It also would not have been attempted the 2022 World Cup bid again. Their double standards. I want to defeat their ugly hypocrisy.

The law is the law. Pyeongchang downhill venue is the primeval forest and national forest. Under current law, development is illegal. Korea's mountain conditions are not good. From the beginning, mountain conditions itself was impossible to host the Winter Olympics. If Pyeongchang wins Korea will be the lawless state, and the IOC will leave a black mark in Olympic history.

U're NOT Korean and U're so FULL of BULLSH*T!!

Munich all the way!!!!! Germany is a massive winter sports nation and not hosted since 1936 - also the -1st city to host summer & winter - all adds up to a compelling story!

And Kim Yu-Na has the youth factor; Witt doesn't.

Never thought of that aspect. But good point.

Just to point out

1984: Gotenburg lost

1988: Falun lost (the favourite)

1992: Falun lost (the favourite)

1994: Ostersund lost (the favourite)

1998: Ostersund lost

2002: Ostersund lost

6 loses consecutively by Sweden (and a lose in 2004 with the best bid)

Korea losing again with China and Kazahkstan on the horizon, not the biggest of issues. It won't rip apart the IOC because honestly of 110 members, only 40ish truly care about winter sport. And for many podunk Korea vs. metropolitan Germany is what they are going to choice between.

I want Munich to win. However, I think with Rome announcing its intentions and Madrid following close behind it will be too much for Munich to recover from so I think Pyeonchang will win.

Prefer a Winter Games in Germany, but also would like to see PC get it. In the end, I think PC may finally prevail. They have lost really close votes in the past, and if the past thirty years say anything, they will keep their hosting to years ending in 8's.