Best fans of a specific Olympic sport

This thread is to recognize great Olympics fans by nationality specific to an individual sport. Some are fairly obvious, but some you wouldn't know about unless you witnessed them in person. So, here's my list:

Holland- speed skating (my #1 favorite, Kleintje Pils puts them over the top)

Brazil- beach volleyball (close second- this has to be the sport to see in Rio)

Hungary- water polo (I got to sit in the middle of some Hungarians for a semi-final match in Athens. Those guys are nuts.)

Korea- handball, archery (cheerleaders, drummers, chants-- did I mention cheerleaders?)

Japan- judo (always good for the odd samurai or 2)

Sweden- table tennis (or just about anything, Swedes are great fans in general)

Norway- cross-country, biathlon (great fans in general like Sweden)

Canada- hockey (ok, unless they're underachieving like in 2006)

US- soccer (specifically, Sam's Army)

Who else?

This thread is to recognize great Olympics fans by nationality specific to an individual sport. Some are fairly obvious, but some you wouldn't know about unless you witnessed them in person. So, here's my list:

Holland- speed skating (my #1 favorite, Kleintje Pils puts them over the top)

Hungary- water polo (I got to sit in the middle of some Hungarians for a semi-final match in Athens. Those guys are nuts.)

Korea- handball, archery (cheerleaders, drummers, chants-- did I mention cheerleaders?)

Japan- judo (always good for the odd samurai or 2)

Sweden- table tennis (or just about anything, Swedes are great fans in general)

Norway- cross-country, biathlon (great fans in general like Sweden)

Canada- hockey (ok, unless they're underachieving like in 2006)

US- soccer (specifically, Sam's Army)

Who else?

The USA in Soccer????

Yep, you're on the spot there. Best supporters at Sydney 2000 was the Brazilians at the Bondi Beach volleyball. They'd be fantastic tickets to get for Rio!

As to other nominations. Well, can't go past the English cricket supporter's "Balmy Army"

Great group of fans, yes. But "best fans" of the sport? I don't know about that.

I really wasn't intending the thread to be a competition between nations, so "best" was a poor choice of words. Certainly, if we're narrowing the discussion to Olympic football, Sam's Army is up there, especially on the women's side. On the men's side, it's basically a U23 competition, so I guess that's a little more wide open. Conversely, there are certainly other pockets of fans who are obviously passionate, but obnoxiously so. They don't make my list. I think all of the groups I listed contribute very positively to the atmosphere of the live event and make the experience better for most who attend.

Archived