2011 Women's World Cup

... I really feel pitty for the Canadians ...

Come on... be honest ! You feel scary for the Germans now... ;)

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical, they played terribly. France deserves the victory and deserves all 4 goals. Typical of Canada to under-perform in team sports that aren't played on ice.

Congrats Germany !

Let's see who will take the lead of the group now... you need the victory !!!!

It's worth noting that I just remembered for the Canadian coverage that all of the games on both CBC and Rogers Sportsnet are available as live streaming and on demand at cbcsports.ca. CBC will also show on July 2 FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa on CBC--Behind the Scenes retrospective on the "media circus".

Univision airs a group game a day with a focus on Mexico and the United States before showing a quarterfinal and a semi until the final for the its Univision/Galavision 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup (and U-17 FIFA World Cup) Spanish TV schedule. Andrea Rodebaugh, former Mexico captain, commentates live from Germany.

Supersport in South Africa is airing it with all of the games live on SS3 (aka the soccer channel), SSHD, and SSHD2 telecast all across sub-Saharan Africa with same day replays.

Eurosport got every 34 of the matches live on Eurosport 1 preceeded with a 15 minute World Cup show. Before the first game between Nigeria and France, the World Cup Show ran for 30 minutes. Sometimes it can go for 20 minutes. BTW, Both Eurosport channels are also showing games from the FIFA U17 World Cup.

Sky Sport New Zealand is showing showing only the Silver Ferns/SWANZ group games and the semifinals and championship on Sky Sport channels 1-3. NZ's games are both live on SKY Sport 1 (Japan), Sky Sport 2 (England), and Sky Sport 3 (Mexico) with replays on SKY Sport 1 (Japan), 3 (England), and 2 (Mexico). Semis and Final are TBA.

BBC has all of England's women's games live on the BBC Red Button and on BBC Sport's website with only the final televised on BBC 3. Fans can listen to BBC Radio 5. Highlights are shown on BBC 2.

ZDF's coverage also features Sven Voss, Norbert Galeske, Claudia Neumann, Katrin Müller-Hohenstein, and Jessy Wellmer. ZDFInfokanal and Einsfestival showing the final group games, apparently.

CBC-Rogers Sportsnet 2011 FIFA World Cup promo. Really nice, partly because of the global teams preparing and participating; shame about the Canadian women's perfomance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDtTyaT5ssc

Hopefully we'll get the full intro to these graphics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFsgKriiqaI

Today is Group B's turn !

Japan vs Mexico at 3pm ! 4 - 0

New Zealand vs English at 6:15pm ...

memorabilia - maybe you will watch England vs. France in Frankfurt...

;)

ohh - that is not possible (I just checked it)

France or Germany will be 1A, and if they won their quarter they will play the winner or 1C vs 2D : normaly Sweden, USA, Norway or Brazil !

In any case a great match...

And the SWANZ/Silver Ferns are now eliminated from advancing from group play. They are largely a very young squad. Had a great opportunity for an upset slip away. Hopefully, their competitiveness will show why Oceania is important for qualification, though I keep reading about the possibility of an Asian breakup with an West Asian body and an East Asian soccer governing body hooking up with Oceania.

Supersport Maximo too is airing some games of the Women's World Cup in the Portuguese language.

Eurosport 2 currently some select matches on tape delay and will air the final group matches live with the big Eurosport showing most of them.

TV4, not SVT Sport as I previously assumed, has the Swedish TV rights to the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup along with TV4 Sport and TV 11 (never heard of that channel until now, must be a new one). TV4 has 18 matches with the Swedish women's games on TV4 HD. TV4 Sport has 14 (alternating with TV4 up until the first set of quarterfinals) with TV 11 going for just two (USA-North Korea, Brazil-Australia). Check the blogs too while you're at it.

Actually NRK1 and NRK2 alternate the TV coverage somewhat, as I just checked.

Today's match

PRK vs SWE

&

USD vs COL

But suprised by the time of the first match ! I showed up at 3pm... and apparently the games started at 2pm ...

They are changing the beginning of each match everyday !!!!

So actually, Sweden has some difficulties against North Korea, as still 0-0 !

And just a few minutes after my first post... Sweden scored its first goal.

After the Swedish victory is now time of USA vs COL

And the American girls already scored a first goal, after 20 minutes of game !

Archived