2011 Women's World Cup

Still not seeing that as a reason.

All good points.

Usually, the MLS season starts around the end of March meaning there wouldn't be a suitable stadium to host, meaning January/February would be the best time which means only Vancouver could host.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical Germans!! The blame on other teams when they fail!!! It's only Germany's fault they didn't qualify.. Not Sweden's or France's fault.

Thank god there are no crappy Germans in Womens soccer London 2012!!!

I will miss Norway tough!

Typical Germans!! The blame on other teams when they fail!!! It's only Germany's fault they didn't qualify.. Not Sweden's or France's fault.

Thank god there are no crappy Germans in Womens soccer London 2012!!!

I will miss Norway tough!

Have you only register here to provoke us?

Germany is still Europes best team. Just look at the world ranking.

Have you only register here to provoke us?

Germany is still Europes best team. Just look at the world ranking.

OOOOOOh because the rankings tells everything??? Sorry, but it's you Germans who provokate. Sweden and France are crappy teams??? What about tell your German team to actually win their games?? They know they needed to win then why didn't they win if they are so amazing??

So how can you say Sweden is crappy when we actually WON against the 1st ranked team in the world ranking? And yeah wow Germany is ranked 3 places higher than Sweden. What an amazing difference in a World cup. LOOOOOOOL!

If the Olympic qualifcation is that big problem and unfair why haven't you complain about it earlier then?? Should you have complained if Germany had qualified???? No, you shouldn't do it. You Germans are sure BAD losers! :angry:

I wonder from where Pillan got the information that the Germans said that France or Sweden have crappy teams - I am German and I think both teams played very well at the World Cup - and since everybody know before the tournament, that the first two teams will qualify for London 2012 - I can only congratulate them that they will go to London - therewith it is strange that Pillan is talking about "the Germans".

As a German I feel pitty for the German team, too, but that has nothing to do with the French or the Swedish team they played great...

Using a global tournament as the only way of qualifying is ridiculous. Germany lost a single game for an asian team. The only european team that Germany faced was France. And they won this match but was France who qualified. I think all the other confederations organized tournaments "inside" their region. UEFA should organize a qualifying tournament with only European teams. Is that so difficult for UEFA?

Using a global tournament as the only way of qualifying is ridiculous. Germany lost a single game for an asian team. The only european team that Germany faced was France. And they won this match but was France who qualified. I think all the other confederations organized tournaments "inside" their region. UEFA should organize a qualifying tournament with only European teams. Is that so difficult for UEFA?

Yeah, using the WWC as a qualifier doesn't seem like an even-level playing field.

Yeah, using the WWC as a qualifier doesn't seem like an even-level playing field.

Woooow, this suddenly being a HUGE problem!!! Why wasn't any complain about this earlier?? Because everyones big darling make it??

Still Germany know what they need to do. They wasn't good enough to do that but you say they unfair are out? If they think it's unfair why they didn't complain about this? They know the rules BEFORE the tournament.

Actually SWEDEN complained about the rules before the tournament. Why didn't Germany do that? Ohhhhhhhhh, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH we are out, please HELP US!!!! We can't qualify if the rules doesn't change.

IMO, Germany and their fans are BAD losers.

Woooow, this suddenly being a HUGE problem!!! Why wasn't any complain about this earlier?? Because everyones big darling make it??

Still Germany know what they need to do. They wasn't good enough to do that but you say they unfair are out? If they think it's unfair why they didn't complain about this? They know the rules BEFORE the tournament.

Actually SWEDEN complained about the rules before the tournament. Why didn't Germany do that? Ohhhhhhhhh, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH we are out, please HELP US!!!! We can't qualify if the rules doesn't change.

IMO, Germany and their fans are BAD losers.

Well, I never said it was a huge problem. I actually don't even care how they do the qualifiers.

• 1 month later...

Japan Women Football team qualified for London Olympics

AP TOKYO -- Women's World Cup champions Japan secured a place in the 2012 London Olympics after Australia beat China 1-0 in the final Asian qualifying tournament.

Japan was held to a 1-1 draw with North Korea on Thursday. But Australia's win over host China guaranteed that Japan will finish in the top two in the tournament being played in Jinan, China.

Japan remained first in the six-team standings with 10 points, two ahead of North Korea. Australia moved up to third place with six points, while China dropped to fourth with five points.

The tournament ends Sunday. The top two teams qualify for the Olympics.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/09/08/3893725/japanese-women-earn-olympic-soccer.html#ixzz1XNCZEkwX

Medals commemorating Nadeshiko Japan's World Cup win

0907045-thumb450x.jpg

Photo shows medals commemorating the victory of the Japanese women's national soccer team in the 2011 Women's World Cup in Germany. Coin importer Taisei Coins Corp. on Sept. 7, 2011, began subscription sales for the medals that are authorized by FIFA and produced by the Berlin Mint in Germany. (Kyodo)

Kyodo

Archived