New Wembley Stadium

mr.x

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really excited. Just spent the last hour trying to get tickets for the 1st test event on 24th March(England V Italy u21). After phone lines crashing and server of the FA website crashing, I eventually managed to get 4 tickets. Can't believe I actually go through. I was in a queue at position 9.200 of more than 11,000 and suddenly I shot straight to the top of the list. Yipeeeee!

Edited by mallaka

I'm really excited. Just spent the last hour trying to get tickets for the 1st test event on 24th March(England V Italy u21). After phone lines crashing and server of the FA website crashing, I eventually managed to get 4 tickets. Can't believe I actually go through. I was in a queue at position 9.200 of more than 11,000 and suddenly I shot straight to the top of the list. Yipeeeee!

Maybe someone in the booking office is a fan of this website! ;)

Well done! I will await your report with interest!! :)

Surely the most attended U21 match in the history of this tournament.. about 60,000 tickets already sold!!

Surely the most attended U21 match in the history of this tournament.. about 60,000 tickets already sold!!

Indeed, I have read somewhere that it will be a World Record attendance for an U21 football match.

The thing is that Under-21 games in this country regularly sell out grounds all over the place. 30,000+ people go to watch the Under 21s regularly, partly because the ticketing policy of £10 for adults and £5 for the rest encourages people to go. It's not as expensive as ordinary club football. That, allied to the historic nature of the occasion, made a 60,000 sell-out on this occasion inevitable. If they'd been able to have the full capacity available, they'd have filled the rest of the seats as well.