New Wembley Stadium

mr.x

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great news! (For me at least.)

The NFL are going to have a regular season game at Wembley either this or next October.

Rumor has it that one of the teams going to London for this NFL game would be the New York Giants.  Some say this because of the "extra" home game they got last season v. the Saints.  Whoever the teams are, they will be playing this game the week before their bye week.  Which means that they go to England, play a game, then have a week to recover from the trip.

I've just seen the front cover of The Evening Standard newspaper and its says something to the effect:

'It's Official : Wembley will not stage the FA Cup'

Thank goodness they finally made the decision!  Im not bothered either way, just as long as it's not rushed and completed to the highest of standards.

The press will have a field day over this...but for me...no biggy!  :P

25,000 tickets have already been sold for the Challenge Cup Final on August 26. I hope it will be ready as well, but the bosses are now saying it's too early to say when it will be ready, presumably for fear of further embarassment.

I have to say I think it's better we know now it won't be ready rather than having everyone cut corners to get the FA Cup Final played there on May 13 and potentially having even bigger problems later on.

Great news! (For me at least.)

The NFL are going to have a regular season game at Wembley either this or next October.

Rumor has it that one of the teams going to London for this NFL game would be the New York Giants.  Some say this because of the "extra" home game they got last season v. the Saints.  Whoever the teams are, they will be playing this game the week before their bye week.  Which means that they go to England, play a game, then have a week to recover from the trip.

And you really need a week to recover from two first class charter flights and the best hotel (and everything else) in London, don't you?  :laughlong:

I wish I could get a week off work to recover whenever I get back from holiday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
webcamSouth200306.jpg

Looks really colourful.........perhaps workmen in in their luminous jackets can be another idea to add to our long list of Olympic Opening Ceremony possibilities!

:kungfu:

Yes.....that's right.....we'll tell them the workman are part of the opening ceremony.

If we could trick them into voting for us I'm sure we could trick them into believing this...though our friend Cordelia would surely see straight through it.

:P

Wembley has been put forward by the FA to stage the 2008 Champions League final.

Wembley in 2008 Euro final race

Wembley will host for sure champions league final (and maybe world cup) in the future but not 2008.

Most likely 2009 or 2010 because i can 't see it winning anything before it is finsihed.

Munich will win 2008 with their new arena IMO.

the UEFA never give finals to stadium that aren t finish.

With olympics and world cup the stadium has 6 years to be finish but a UEFA final it s in two years,if the construction takes more time (and it always do)or  any accident occure UEFA will be in trouble so they always choose finshed stadium .

Archived