New Wembley Stadium

mr.x

You think u got the best "arched" stadium in the world, huh?  Wait till you see St. Louis' new stadium!!  

St-Louis16.gif

The best damned arched stadium in the world!!

See other details of the St. Louis bid in New York 2012 folder!!

did you draw that all by yourself Baron?   :wwww:

No, I've got an army of drones working 4 me.

(Sure did.)   :wink:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe even watch Team GB win Gold in 2012 lol  :P

Now that would be something worth going to watch!

BTW Magic, your name is kind of prophetic. A bid of Magic was the strong theme which was weaved through London's final presentation. Did you have some kind of clue about this?!!

I think I was listening to Queen's "It's a kind of magic" when registering membership to GamesBids, and I thought London's bid is a 'bid of magic' ;)

Actually at the end of one of the video bits during the presentation it said 'London - Where magic happens' or something along those lines.  Can't argue with that.  :)

Well it worked for London alright!

I can see it now, Bertrand Delanoe says "Paris, a bid of magic in 2016" as they lose again under his command. oops sorry, did I say that?

Wow!  It is certainly a great looking stadium.  I have one question about the new Wembley.  Will it host just the finals of the football competition in 2012, or will it host other matches thoughout the tournament as well?  I know that the football competition will be spred out, all through the UK, but will Wembley be used for other later matches (the semis, etc.) as well?  It seems like such a great venue; it would be a shame to only host one match.

Wow!  It is certainly a great looking stadium.  I have one question about the new Wembley.  Will it host just the finals of the football competition in 2012, or will it host other matches thoughout the tournament as well?  I know that the football competition will be spred out, all through the UK, but will Wembley be used for other later matches (the semis, etc.) as well?  It seems like such a great venue; it would be a shame to only host one match.

According to the bid book it will be used on days 7, 8, 11, 12, 14, 15, and 16.

So that would make it both mens and womens semi-finals, and both the finals.

I just thought it was going to be the Final itself.

So that would make it both mens and womens semi-finals, and both the finals.

I just thought it was going to be the Final itself.

Thanks everyone!  I'm glad the stadium is going to see more matches; it seems to do the venue better justice than just the finals of each event!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Continguency plan if Wembley Stadium isn't ready come May next year, but by the looks of this pic, it doesn't look like it's got too far to go..

Wembley220705large.jpg

What a behemoth, but a stunning looking one at that.  :)

Magic, did you get that from wembleystadium.com?

If so, how did you manage it?

Thanks

:)

Continguency plan if Wembley Stadium isn't ready come May next year, but by the looks of this pic, it doesn't look like it's got too far to go..

Wembley220705large.jpg

Thanks

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ....you guys would  seem more to be would-be terrorists casing the joint .  :suspect:

Wembley220705large.jpg

Thanks

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ....you guys would  seem more to be would-be terrorists casing the joint .  :suspect:

Take a good look at the photo Baron. The eyes of the World will be on this stadium come 2018. You'll see.....

:D  :P  :;):

No, in these day and times, there seems to be an unhealthy interest in a large gathering place that's not yet built but will hold a large number of people.

For example, at a synagogue in SF, I just learned that they are ID'ing people and making them wear nametags as they attend services.  

So how does anyone know that one of you is not part of a sleeper cell?  Hmmmm?  :suspect:

Archived