London Olympic Stadium

Brekkie Boy

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like London has gone the all out play...

Most of it looks really good... The stadium is abit of a downer.... could have been better.

The Hockey and MIllenium Dome look awesome.

The design of the layout and pederstrian bridges in the park are well done too..

Overal 7/10

I think all the designs are amazing if it looks anything like the artists impressions it would indeed be impressive. It would be a shame not to see it built, although I understand the pool is still going to be built even if we fail to get the games.

GO LONDON GO

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...012/3990319.stm

:wwww:  :wwww:  :wwww:

Pictures of proposed site

London has really got their act together over the last few weeks and are putting together an impressive vision for 2012.

I have to say I think the stadium looks better from the inside than the outside. But it is certainly unique and very different from anything the other cities are offering. One the one hand this is risky but London this only shows London's confidence at the moment.

For the first time at an Olympics the Village has been designed to offer direct views of the Olympic stadium and flame.
I like this concept.
Gymnastics is scheduled to take place at the infamous Millennium Dome.

Another good idea.

i think the concept is truelly awesome - i saw the plans on bbc breakfast news this morning and the moving images of the stadium are truely breath taking !

it is also good to see how the equestrianism will look at Greenwich!

now all we need to see is the final bid book - but am sure that this will give london the edge over the rest of the cities!

see you in london in 2012!

rendez-vous a londres en 2012!

i think the concept is truelly awesome - i saw the plans on bbc breakfast news this morning and the moving images of the stadium are truely breath taking !

it is also good to see how the equestrianism will look at Greenwich!

now all we need to see is the final bid book - but am sure that this will give london the edge over the rest of the cities!

see you in london in 2012!

rendez-vous a londres en 2012!

Dont get ot ahead of yourself. It is likely every bid will pull a card like this out before the books are due...

I think it's a fantastic photo it shows how the whole main site flows together. The way the site is sympathetic to the waterways that run through it, is quite attractive and inspired.

Lets hope we get to build it?

:D  :D  :D

For me it looks horrible, is horrible, horrible stadium, and i think that it will convert into a very big white elephant.

For me the idea of a very modern and risky olympic stadium like this remember the idea of "this venue will have problems to be finished".

Either those wings looks horrible!!..

..a question:...what is know in the zone that they are planing tu build the olympic complex??

If London wins, I’m doubtful that it will even be the final stadium.  How many times have we seen that in the past?

My first impression is Munich meets Montreal with a bit of Beijing and Athens thrown in for good measure.  London - the Olympic melting pot.

Personally, I love the stadium design ... it's nice, different, unusual ...

How set in stone is the design though _ is it just a pretty concept on paper to impress the IOC voters which will be then ripped up and started again from scratch if London 2012 wins?

I can't find any pictures online, but this human  :rolleyes: /insect wing-like design for London's proposed Olympic stadium looks like some early designs of Italian architect Pier Luigi Nervi for 2 of his Romse 1960 sports palaces.  

A 100-zloty smackeroo note to whomever finds a photo of that similar-looking building and posts it here!!   :love:

Ah, where your King Casius was crowned... :P

I think basketball or some other team sport was played there too.

Nevertheless - I think the London plan looks good, but still, you can't read too much into concepts.  I mean, how Athens is that cauldron?  Maybe it will bend the other way.

Archived