Breaking: Gangwon province finance risk

1988 Seoul Olympic Stadium is not an Olympics legacy. 1 more million dollars deficit every year. It's demolition will be discussed. Because it's getting old, nobody's use. Last year, The Seoul government was reviewed the construction of shopping centers after demolition of the 1988 Olympics main stadium. Nevertheless, they are lying to IOC members. Pyeongchang 2018 Alpensia resort ? Now, has debt 800 million dollar. I can imagine the situation enough after the Olympics.

Greece 2004 archery and women's marathon was held in 1900 Olympic Stadium. Was revived in 108 years, still remains a great legacy. Tokyo 2016 plans included 1964 venues. Berlin 2006 World cup and 2009 World Athletics was held in 1936 Olympics stadium. Munich 2018 will leave a sustainable legacy in Olympics history.

You're comparing Seoul Olympic Stadium to the likes of Athens' Panathinaiko Stadium? A historic venue that will always be maintained due to it's history?

Sure, Tokyo included the 1964 venues, if they're there and usable, then why not?

Berlin has used legacy venues from the 1936 Olympics, in spite of the history attached to them.

Munich's Olympic Park still sees mostly regular use (aside from the Olympic Stadium) and was a natural choice for their Winter Olympics bid.

Now back t Seoul's Olympic Stadium, it was built in the late 70's for two reasons. The fact that Seoul was set to host the Asian Games in 1986, as well as the main fact that the city really needed a large capacity stadium. Now having hosted the 2002 WC, a new stadium for football only was built in Seoul and serves the purpose of a large capacity venue. Should the Olympics or Asian Games come back to Seoul, I would expect many of these venues to be revitalised and used.

And what's with all this talk of a financial risk? If PeyongChang wouldn't expect to bring a profit for the Olympics, then what's the point of bidding? I'm aware Olympics seldom bring a profit, but you gotta put down at least on paper that you will "expect" to get one. One cannot say for sure that the likes of Annecy or Munich should they win bring an assured profit, now would they?

Now back t Seoul's Olympic Stadium, it was built in the late 70's for two reasons. The fact that Seoul was set to host the Asian Games in 1986, as well as the main fact that the city really needed a large capacity stadium. Now having hosted the 2002 WC, a new stadium for football only was built in Seoul and serves the purpose of a large capacity venue. Should the Olympics or Asian Games come back to Seoul, I would expect many of these venues to be revitalised and used.

Completed in 1984, was not used in 2002 WC.

Since 2002, There was a cumulative deficit of 110 million dollar.

The selection of an Olympics host is not a popular vote. Do you think the Olympics is just a festival ? without considering the legacy, financial, environmental, movement ?

And what's with all this talk of a financial risk? If PeyongChang wouldn't expect to bring a profit for the Olympics, then what's the point of bidding? I'm aware Olympics seldom bring a profit,

It's simple.

Alpensia resort have debt 800 million dollars, Now, $140,000 loss of interest everyday. Gangwon province development corporation has liabilities 1.3 billion dollars. So, An Additional government spending must stop for the 2018 Olympics

Seoul, I would expect many of these venues to be revitalised and used.

You didn't read this ??

It's demolition will be discussed. Because it's getting old, nobody's use. Last year, The Seoul government was reviewed the construction of shopping centers after demolition of the 1988 Olympics stadium.

The key word being discussed? I'm sure there will be enough support to keep the stadium, if it attains historic status (assuming there is such a thing in South Korea), then it will remain indefinitely.

It is a contradiction in terms of Pyeongchang supporter's, alwayw rely on unfounded assumptions.

10 years had no official game.

The key word being discussed? I'm sure there will be enough support to keep the stadium, if it attains historic status (assuming there is such a thing in South Korea), then it will remain indefinitely.

Heaven forbid it be DISCUSSED!!

Hey Lord David, let's "discuss" the demolition of all robots on Gamesbids. Because they're getting old, and they're not useful anymore. They don't have the same legacy as the humans who still make useful posts after many years.

Heaven forbid it be DISCUSSED!!

Hey Lord David, let's "discuss" the demolition of all robots on Gamesbids. Because they're getting old, and they're not useful anymore. They don't have the same legacy as the humans who still make useful posts after many years.

I meant it can be discussed by all means, but doesn't necessarily mean it will go anywhere. If it ends up being demolished, then that's a loss.

Oh don't "demolish" the bots (even if they're just trolling humans), we gotta keep them here so we can critique them and point out all their posts. Only once they get really annoying (like repeating their points, over and over) then there should be something done about it.

I meant it can be discussed by all means, but doesn't necessarily mean it will go anywhere. If it ends up being demolished, then that's a loss.

Oh don't "demolish" the bots (even if they're just trolling humans), we gotta keep them here so we can critique them and point out all their posts. Only once they get really annoying (like repeating their points, over and over) then there should be something done about it.

I was agreeing with you. It was a joke.

Archived