Munich new videos

nature

In the second video they use pictures from the Biathlon Arena in Oberhof, Thuringia and not from the nearby Ruhpolding. In Ruhpolding they are utterly disappointed that they are not a part of the bid. The Chiemgau Arena has just been upgraded for next years W-Ch with new slopes. Still Ruhpolding would only be a practice facility.

In the second video they use pictures from the Biathlon Arena in Oberhof, Thuringia and not from the nearby Ruhpolding. In Ruhpolding they are utterly disappointed that they are not a part of the bid. The Chiemgau Arena has just been upgraded for next years W-Ch with new slopes. Still Ruhpolding would only be a practice facility.

I could see Garmisch in the second video. Their intention was to show the athletes experience in Germany.

Ruhpolding - Europe's Biathlon Mecca

For years Ruhpolding has been host location to the international Biathlon World Cup of the IBU. Top-Biathletes from all over the world are training over the whole year in Ruhpolding thus preparing for the contest season in the renown Chiemgau Arena which was extended some years ago. For years biathlon sports and IBU World Cups, in particular, have been enjoying great popularity and a strong media interest. Thus Ruhpolding applied successfully as a World Cup location during the past years.

Besides the World Cup in Ruhpolding, there would take place national, German tournaments and military championships as well as junior events like the Junior World Championships on a regular basis. There, on the world cup runs in the biathlon arena, the best German and international biathletes are fighting for the national titles, because during their competitions the selection decision to pass for the World Cup in the winter season will be taken.

Every year there would be an attractive international supporting programme along the biathlon single-, sprint- and relay competitions.

2005 Biathlon World Cup in Ruhpolding.

WorldCupBavaria.png

2009 Biathlon World Cup in Ruhpolding.

Women+Sprint+Event+IBU+Biathlon+World+Cup+MmFogl2cnN5l.jpg

2011 Biathlon World Cup in Ruhpolding.

Lars+Berger+E+IBU+World+Cup+Biathlon+Ruhpolding+TfbSPaWxYeIl.jpg

14.jpg

10.jpg

I only found it a bit awkward that Verena Bentele (who is blind) said "We'll see us" at the ened of the first video... I ask myself whether the script writer just didn't think about it or whether it was an intended joke (maybe even by Bentele herself).

I only found it a bit awkward that Verena Bentele (who is blind) said "We'll see us" at the ened of the first video... I ask myself whether the script writer just didn't think about it or whether it was an intended joke (maybe even by Bentele herself).

Maybe "Will see us", Not "We'll".

No ? :wacko:

Archived