• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Among them: Rio's Olympic Swimming Center Rio's Olympic Velodrome Rio's Olympic Tennis Arena Better picture of Rio's Velodrome, in the shape of a cyclist helmut

Renders of Olympic and Paralympic Village unveiled. All condos will be sold after the games Details of the bathrooms Private Beach in Praia da Reserva, near Olympic Village

More at night WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Before questions, there is nobody seated in the left side, that's why both LCD big screens are turned off to save energy - ecofriendly stuff... AND THIS

I assume those akwardly shapped towers are for lighting and audio rigging for events. They are an unfortunate choice if they are permanent.

Yes, they are for audio and lighting and they will be permanent, which is not a bad choice BTW. It will allow the park to be opened over night if needed and to be quickly set up for any event.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Port Area (HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) renovation under way

Refurbshment of the Warehouses in Rio's Port

DSC02999.jpg

Suspended Gardens of Valongo (already refurbshed)

405542_380408425359316_580739906_n.jpg

Refurbshed the ruins of "Valong Old Port" (where slaves arrived in Rio)

This part of Rio was REALLY abandoned one year ago... It's impressive how it changed (still need some improvements, but it's wayssssssssss better

IMG_3005.jpg

New pavement in Rio's Port Area (already built - Part 1)

loQ5jl.jpg

New street standard of Rio de Janeiro's Downtown/Port pavement

porto7.jpg

Temporary (!) Port Area Commuter Bus Terminal

(It got so charming that people is asking to leave this as permanent)

DSC07024.jpg

Refurbshment of favelas

Mangueira (first plan - already built, second plan - under way)

3370425520_144499ddfc_z.jpg

Valongo Square (Port Area)

Porto-Maravilha-3.jpg

(the beautiful but old-looking building in the background will be retrofitted to become an hotel)

Other picture (this was taken moths ago, during the works, that's why the street in the side looks a bit construction site yet)

DSCN1331.jpg

New tunnel for cars and new system of modern tramvia (Light Rail)

03_07_02.jpg

Favela Morro da ProvidĂȘncia Refurbshment

panorama-morro-da-providencia-dez_11.jpg

Transoeste, the first BRT line for Olympics (already operating 4 years before the games!)

The buses

957549.jpg

New highway in Far West Rio, built for Transoeste and reducing STRONGLY time travel.

img6696k.jpg

Novo Leblon station

Barra cluster

img6675o.jpg

Inside the station

img6680h.jpg

Transoeste new tunnel connecting Recreio neighbourhood to Far West Rio area.

This tunnel reduced travel time across the mountains from 20-30 minutes to 2 (two!!!) minutes!

tune-grota-funda-01.jpg

And the sun-blindness blocker became an archtectural postcard of the region...

The new subway wagons (made in China :unsure:) already parked in Rio...

Theese new wagons will be operating next year in the actual lines of Rio's suwbay

DSC00501copy.jpg

Inside the trains (a bit whitey to a colorful city like Rio)

7595674610_681c33027c_b.jpg

They look better outside (they are already in Rio, missing only the logos in the fuselage by now)

7595678462_435b1bafe9_b.jpg

New "interactive" information board inside the trains

7595673216_38b4ae41eb_b.jpg

Already testing in the stations/lines of Rio

7595670994_a298849576_b.jpg

No, actually, the infield will be reduced. Indeed, the soccer pitch will be FIFA World Cup standard (smaller than previous configuration of Maracana).

Barra neighbourhood will host the Olympic Park (but not the Olympic Stadium nor the Ceremonies Stadium), the Media Village, the Olympic Village, Golf couse, Athletes Park and Athletes Beach.

No, actually, the infield will be reduced. Indeed, the soccer pitch will be FIFA World Cup standard (smaller than previous configuration of Maracana).

Barra neighbourhood will host the Olympic Park (but not the Olympic Stadium nor the Ceremonies Stadium), the Media Village, the Olympic Village, Golf couse, Athletes Park and Athletes Beach.

Okay then how on Earth are they going to control 10,000 athletes during the parade of nations?

But not all 10,000 athletes even be together in the city during the games...

Our marathonist arrived in London yesterday...

All judo athletes are already at home...

And many athletes who competes in the first day of games did not join the parade...

So, we get 3-4 thousand people... Maracana Stadium already hosted 350,000 people in a Kiss concert with no incident (and no subway in the exit of the show)...

I'm really not worried...

___

During the PanAms, all athletes waited the parades sitted comfortably in Maracanazinho Arena (just next door and home of Volleyball matches - space for 15,000 people comfy).

Huge Maracanazinho Arena (actually approx. 13,000 seats)

2698978591_a9b0e0c120.jpg

Covered place for athletes and just an walk distance from Maracana Stadium Main Entrance...

maraca2.jpg

Smart, uh???

And already tested during the PanAms... -_-

But not all 10,000 athletes even be together in the city during the games...

Our marathonist arrived in London yesterday...

All judo athletes are already at home...

And many athletes who competes in the first day of games did not join the parade...

So, we get 3-4 thousand people... Maracana Stadium already hosted 350,000 people in a Kiss concert with no incident (and no subway in the exit of the show)...

I'm really not worried...

___

During the PanAms, all athletes waited the parades sitted comfortably in Maracanazinho Arena (just next door and home of Volleyball matches - space for 15,000 people comfy).

Very smart its not an issue I just wanted to see cuz during the ceremonies where would they be standing or sitting?

Intoronto, I'm affraid you just want to troll a bit...

If you want informations over Rio a nice discussion over the challenges of hosting the games, I'll be always open...

But if you want to detract something, just tell me and don't make me lose my time...

They will probably be standing in the center of the field, like always.

It seems Intoronto didn't watched the OC of London... and Beijing, Athens, Sydney, Atlanta, Barcelona, Seoul...............................

Intoronto, I'm affraid you just want to troll a bit...

If you want informations over Rio a nice discussion over the challenges of hosting the games, I'll be always open...

But if you want to detract something, just tell me and don't make me lose my time...

It seems Intoronto didn't watched the OC of London... and Beijing, Athens, Sydney, Atlanta, Barcelona, Seoul...............................

I am not trolling at all and this has nothing to do with Rio being ready. The difference between Rio and London... and Beijing, Athens, Sydney, Atlanta, Barcelona, Seoul and Rio is that all of them had a running track, Rio does not. Hence my question. If athletes stand I believe there will be no space, because of the absence of the running track.