What shall FIFA do now?

105 members have voted

1. 1. Should Blatter resign?

• No
    • Yes
  2. 2. Should the elections for 2018 and 2022 be repeated?

• No
    • Yes (both)
    • Yes (only 2018)
    • Yes (only 2022)
    • No, but the country, which bidded but lost, should host the next ones
  3. 3. Should the bribery scandal be investigated by public authorities?

• No - the FIFA ethic council will handle that perfectly
    • Yes - the FIFA isn't able to handle it "in the family"

why you mad sir?

because your FA wasted 50million of the britties money and now you have to blame someone for it?

:rolleyes:

I've proved this stupid accusation to be untrue more than once in a lot of detail and I won't be doing so again. If you can't discuss the issues at hand without raising my nationality then you should find somewhere else to post frankly.

I've been discussing FIFA, the number of accusations against them, many of which are coming from their own members now, you've been thowing about phrases like "fatty Britty". That tells everyone reading this forum everything they need to know.

Perhaps this is a deflection tactic in your part. I've just posted some information which suggests very strongly that Blatter and Texiera will be mired in a new scandal in 2012 in the run up to your World Cup; and you've been trying to discuss ANYTHING BUT this information.

I'll repost it for other members' benefit, since it's got lost amongst your waffle.

Swiss Magistrate Thomas Hildbrand discovered enough evidence to prove that 2 FIFA officials took ISL bribes – and that Blatter had covered it up. In May 2010 he announced that the case had been settled. Who were the accused? They are Blatter, Teixeira and Havelange. They have paid a small fortune to have their names kept secret.

But they cannot. The BBC and several Swiss newspapers are fighting a legal battle to have Hildbrand’s report published.

Last week the Public Prosecutor in Zug rejected the arguments of Blatter, Teixeira and Havelange.

The big question now is: Will Blatter, Teixeira and Havelange continue to fight for suppression?

Our lawyers say it is inevitable that the Swiss Supreme court will order disclosure in the public interest – although it may take another 12 months.

Then you will have a massive international scandal hanging over your world Cup. Two Brazilians and President Blatter.

FULL TRANSCRIPT

Edited by RobH

The top two Fifa deals since Sepp launched his "Good Governance Road Map" for "total transparency" last month:

1) Control of Asian World Cup TV rights sold to Swiss firm Infront – run by Sepp's nephew Philippe. Fifa: "Infront offered the best package for this very complex project."

2) Hospitality rights for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups sold to Swiss firm Match Hospitality, part-owned by Infront. Match emerged as "the most suitable candidate … following an industry evaluation by Fifa".

Also last week

• General secretary Jérôme Valcke warns Brazil's politicians to stop their "sad and perplexing" attacks on Fifa's commercial and tax demands. "Brazil will not defeat Fifa. Either we work together or no one wins." (Senator Randolfe Rodrigues: "This is absurd blackmail from an entity shrouded in suspicion.")

• Emirates says it is "disappointed" by Fifa's recent corruption record, which has gone "beyond an internal problem" since the airline signed up as a sponsor in 2006. (Other Fifa headlines in 2006: Jack Warner reselling marked-up World Cup tickets; four Fifa execs sacked for "lying repeatedly" to sponsors; Plus Sepp pledging a "new-look ethics committee" to handle bribery claims, bringing "more transparency" to Fifa.)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/06/said-and-done-fifa-transparency

Elected congressman and Brazilian footballing legend wants to do the same as "fatty arrogant Brit journalist" Andrew Jennings it seems. Well there's turn up for the books...

Romário is pledging to step up his efforts in Brazil's parliament to shed light on alleged irregularities involving Fifa and the Brazilian football federation president, Ricardo Teixeira. Romário, a congressman, said he was teaming up with other Brazilian legislators to investigate football's governing body ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

Romário will pressure Swiss authorities to release documents that allegedly show that Teixeira was one of the members accused of taking kickbacks from a former Fifa marketing partner in the 1990s. Teixeira is president of the organising committee for the 2014 World Cup.

Romário said on his website on Thursday that he and other legislators would ask Swiss authorities to let them review files from a court case involving former Fifa's marketing partner ISL, which collapsed in 2001. Romário said access to the documents was "crucial for the [World Cup] to take place with clarity and honesty in our country".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/10/romario-investigation-ricardo-teixeira-fifa?newsfeed=true

Edited by RobH

• 3 weeks later...
Pieth recommends overhauling the code of ethics and strengthening the way it is monitored and enforced, as well as clarity over the bidding process for major events, one of the areas he highlights as vulnerable to corruption.

what sloppy journalism. fifa doesn't have a code of ethics.

Paid for by FIFA and reporting to the ExCo. Yep, sounds independent to me.

Furthermore, when asked by a journalist whether this new body could probe FIFA's past dealings, he said that would be "professionally unsound". So the things we all want to know about aren't within the remit of this body.

:rolleyes:

so the english press like to speculate a lot but as baron asked, when will we see the "smoking gun" documents?

where are all the documents proving their accusations? Do they have it?

Come on... This is just to keep you and the ones like you entertained and forget about the 50million pounds Sir Blahblahblah wasted doing the bid.

How this idiot wasted so much money when Ricardo The Great Teixeira sent the WC to Brazil after using only 2m? and not a single cent was public money. Which was not the case around English FA bid... Am I wrong?

• Like 1

where are all the documents proving their accusations? Do they have it?

We know the documents exist, and we know the bribes were paid:

"A Swiss court ruled last year that unnamed Fifa officials had received bribes from ISL, but their names were suppressed after they agreed to repay $6.1  million (£3.9 million) to the court, a deal that Fifa was a party to."

The Swiss Courts have come under a huge amount of pressure since then (not least from some politicians within your own country) and it looks likely the papers will be published. So...their existence isn't in question, the fact that bribes were paid to FIFA officials isn't either, the only thing that is quesionable are the names involved and those are a very poorly kept secret indeed. :lol:

Come on... This is just to keep you and the ones like you entertained and forget about the 50million pounds Sir Blahblahblah wasted doing the bid.

I quote the English press because I'm English you total nonce. It was a GERMAN lawyer who's shattered Blatter's integrity to reform by saying she didn't want her organisation's reputation ruined by FIFA's unwillingess to do it properly. The fact that the English press reported on this is completely irrelevent to the facts you want to brush aside. Also, the English bid cost less than half what you said there, but that has no relevence to this thread anyway, which is about FIFA reform.

How this idiot wasted so much money when Ricardo The Great Teixeira sent the WC to Brazil after using only 2m? and not a single cent was public money. Which was not the case around English FA bid... Am I wrong?

Brazil was the only candidate and won in a unanimous vote. How did that cost £2m? <_< Actually, it doesn't mattter because this thread is about FIFA reform, not any individual bid or world cup.

Edited by RobH

There █████ be redactions, I can say that with █████ certainty. This is because Texieria has photos of █████ doing █████ █████ █████ in a █████ █████ with four █████ and a surprised horse.

• Like 2

I discovered a fun game: find a friend that likes politics, tell them to look up Sepp Blatter and look for their reaction. First reaction I got is "How the **** is that guy still president of FIFA? O.o". Second reaction I got is "I still don't understand how that guy is still the president of FIFA". I swear, its a fun game.

The question is not whether or not there is something rotten within FIFA, its just how rotten it is.

And MrCatra, get over yourself. Many British members here had problems with FIFA way before the 2018 vote, I distlincly remember a few of them publicly stating that they had mixed feelings about the bid because they didn't want their country to get too involved with a corupt organization like FIFA. So saying that the "fat brits" are hating on FIFA because they lost 2018 is nonsense.

Edited by fox334

I saw a headline for the Telegraph story yesterday on Google, but could never access it - it seems to have been taken down by the time I tried to click on it. Glad someone else ran with it now - seems to FBI are probing:

FBI probing World Cup votes for 2018 and 2022, it is claimed

December 7 - The corruption allegations that swirled around the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups just over a year ago have been reignited by a suggestion that the FBI is now involved.

The Daily Telegraph reported today that FBI investigators have interviewed members of England's failed 2018 World Cup bid as part of a wider probe.

According to the paper, Investigators claim to have "really great intelligence" of malpractice as well as "substantial evidence" of outside organisations attempting to hack the email accounts of the United States bid for the 2022 tournament.

Both England and the United States were stunned by the manner of their respective ballot defeats, England gaining just two votes for 2018 and the USA crushed by Qatar for 2022.

According to the paper, the FBI is also understood to have asked questions relating to the alleged bribery of Caribbean football officials by Mohammed Bin Hammam, who was due to stand against Sepp Blatter for the FIFA Presidency in June but withdrew and was banned for life the following month.

It is suspected that the money allegedly offered at a pre-arranged meeting in Trinidad was transported through US borders, a potential offence if it was undeclared.

Jack Warner, former FIFA senior vice-president and President of the Caribbean Football Union, resigned from all football posts after a FIFA inquiry found "compelling" evidence that he conspired with Bin Hammam.

Since the award of the 2018 and 2022 World Cup competitions to Russia and Qatar there have been constant accusations of corruption.

As well as the cases of Bin Hammam and Warner, two other members ofFIFA's 24-strong Executive Committee members were suspended before the Presidential vote after being exposed in a newspaper sting while 16 Caribbean football officials have been sanctioned for their involvement in the cash-for-votes affair in Trinidad.

Insideworldfootball

Further to the FBI story - seems they're investigating some allegations of cyber-tampering of the bids/campaigns. I'm intrigued ...

Hackers May Have Tampered With 2018, 2022 World Cup Bids

The FBI is reportedly looking into allegations that hackers may have helped rig the bids to host the 2018 and 2022 soccer FIFA World Cup tournaments.

According to the London newspaper The Telegraph, FBI officials have "substantial evidence" that outside organizations tried to hack the email accounts of members of the English organizing committee bidding to host the 2018 tournament. England eventually lost out to Russia when the winning bids were announced a year ago.

The FBI probe reportedly is looking into similar claims that hackers tampered with the simultaneous U.S. bid to host the 2022 event, which went to the tiny oil-rich Persian Gulf state of Qatar.

FIFA, the French acronym for International Federation of Association Football, is the worldwide governing body for matches played among national soccer teams. Despite the amateur roots of FIFA matches, the players on the top teams almost all also play for professional teams and each World Cup generates billions of dollars in income for the host country and for FIFA itself.

The FBI refused to comment to SecurityNewsDaily.

Over the past month in London, the FBI asked members of the England 2018 organizing committee specific questions related to the activities of their Russian counterparts, The Telegraph said.

The Russia 2018 organizing committee said it was unaware of any investigation, and that it had conducted its bidding fairly and transparently.

"We at Russia 2018 are proud of the way we conducted ourselves throughout a long and highly competitive campaign," the Russian organizing committee said, according to The Telegraph. "As an LOC [local organizing committee], we are driven by exactly the same transparency, commitment to excellence and spirit of fair play that underpinned our successful bid."

Also part of the FBI investigation, according to the Telegraph, is the alleged bribery of Caribbean soccer officials by Mohammed Bin Hammam, a Qatari who earlier this year was banned for life from all FIFA activities. It's believed bin Hammam offered bribes in exchange for votes in his campaign to replace current FIFA President Sepp Blatter.

Qatar won the 2022 hosting gig over bids from Australia, Japan, South Korea and the U.S.

Security News

Further to the FBI story - seems they're investigating some allegations of cyber-tampering of the bids/campaigns. I'm intrigued ...

to be fair to the russia 2018 quote in that article, despite the massive corruption and likely cyber tampering, it was probably far and away the fairest election any russian had ever seen.

to be fair to the russia 2018 quote in that article, despite the massive corruption and likely cyber tampering, it was probably far and away the fairest election any russian had ever seen.

Harsh. Sochi 2014 wasn't such a bad election :P

(But the rest... ya >.>)

Another blow...

The Telegraph Sport can reveal that Football Supporters Europe (FSE), which has affiliations with fans groups in 38 countries, turned down an invitation to join Fifa’s Independent Governance Committee because of doubts over its credibility.

The committee has been set up by Fifa president Sepp Blatter as a vehicle for pushing through reforms in the wake of a welter of corruption scandals in the last 18 months.

Its credibility is already in question after Transparency International (TIs) refused to take part because of concern that Fifa will pay consultancy fees of more than euro 100,000 committee chairman Mark Piethe’s company.

TI had helped Blatter draw up the reform agenda but walked away last month have lost faith in the process.

FSE has now taken the same step, citing concerns over the independence of the committee and the reform process. While the Independent Governance Committee will be able to make suggestions on reforms any action will still have to be ratified by the Fifa executive committee.

The fans’ group also questioned the timescale and Fifa’s commitment to genuine reform, and were concerned that Fifa would not share the names of other members of the governance committee with them.

They were only invited to join the committee last week, suggesting that Fifa is either struggling to fill it with credible figures, or that the decision to try and involve a supporters’ group was taken very late in the process.

In initial negotiations with Fifa FSE had proposed sending two members to sit on the committee, but doubts about the process in the last few days prompted them to withdraw an co-operation.

Blatter is due to announce the membership of the reform committee on Saturday following a meeting of the Fifa executive committee in Tokyo.

Daniela Wurbs, the chief executive of FSE, said they could not accept the invitation because of concerns over Fifa’s credibility.

“We looked at it very carefully but we could not accept because we had a number of concerns,” she said.

“We do not feel that the structure of what is proposed is truly independent, and we had serious concerns at the lack of information that was provided to us about who else would be involved.

“The timeframe is very short, with just three one-day meetings in the next six months to try and frame reform. We do not feel this is sufficient for Fifa to deal with all the allegations it faces and to look at all the questionable action in the past.

“We had more doubts than hope about the process so we decided to not take part. We want Fifa to reform and would be very happy to be proved wrong. We will be the first to admit it if it turns out we have made a mistake.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/international/8961622/Sepp-Blatters-Fifa-reform-committee-hit-by-fans-group-boycott.html

• 2 weeks later...

I discovered a fun game: find a friend that likes politics, tell them to look up Sepp Blatter and look for their reaction. First reaction I got is "How the **** is that guy still president of FIFA? O.o". Second reaction I got is "I still don't understand how that guy is still the president of FIFA". I swear, its a fun game.

The question is not whether or not there is something rotten within FIFA, its just how rotten it is.

And MrCatra, get over yourself. Many British members here had problems with FIFA way before the 2018 vote, I distlincly remember a few of them publicly stating that they had mixed feelings about the bid because they didn't want their country to get too involved with a corupt organization like FIFA. So saying that the "fat brits" are hating on FIFA because they lost 2018 is nonsense.

Yeh, sure. If they won they wouldn't care. Anyway you don't know much about football history so you're not breaking any news here. Britties have a problem with fifa since 1974 and its not because its a corrupt organization. look up some books about FIFA/Football and then come back here.

Funnily enough they didn't had a problem with the corruption at FIFA when they robbed germany blind in 1966.

Yeh, sure. If they won they wouldn't care. Anyway you don't know much about football history so you're not breaking any news here. Britties have a problem with fifa since 1974 and its not because its a corrupt organization. look up some books about FIFA/Football and then come back here.

Funnily enough they didn't had a problem with the corruption at FIFA when they robbed germany blind in 1966.

Btw, English Football is like the reunion of the shadiest/corruptiest people in the fucking world that are involved with football. I don't see bbc investigating the shady people that are 'cleaning' their money thru the english clubs...

I was born in the Eighties. I COULDN'T GIVE A FLYING F*CK how FIFA was run ten years before I was alive so rather than being a small-minded idiot who brings nationality up every time a Brit posts anything about FIFA, think before you post. Most Brits have a problem with FIFA for the same reason most Germans, Americans, Swiss, Australians etc have a problem with FIFA.

1966 is absolutely irrelevent to the issue at hand is their thread.

And for your information, since you're obviously too retarded to use Google, here are a list of BBC Investigations into British Football Clubs and their owners:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15377454

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10237268

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8487075.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4177471.stm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0161mrg

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/allardyce-took-bungs-claims-bbc-investigation-416671.html

BBC Newsnight has covered Abramovich and Shinawatra as well though I couldn't find links and Hicks and Gillets' time at Liverpool was also given much scrutiny.

Edited by RobH

why are you so mad, my friend? Why are you calling others names? You can't discuss like a normal guy or what? UK lost the bid, dude. Get over it.

I ruined the forum because I disagree with you while presenting logical arguments? Is that correct? LOL. YOU ruined the forum by trying to get some sort of e-revenge on FIFA since the UK lost the bid to the great country of Russia and other members from the so called "first world countries" got also mad and supported your "e-revenge" because their countries lost the bid to Qatar.

Just because you, people from the so called "first world countries", are the majority here doesn't mean I have to agree with all you say.

I don't.

If you didn't know this then you're are in a wrong place. forums of discussion have a simple purposed. If you didn't want to discuss your ideas/thoughts then you should have opened a blog. There you post of your version of the history and delete the comments from everyone that disagrees with you.

Do this and be happy!

Seriously, what an overraction, my god!

You have never "discussed" any points in my posts without referring to my nationality in a way I shouldn't have to put up with. And even your post above is all about what country I'm from rather than any of the points I've raised.

Any relation?

robert-mugabe2.jpg

Edited by RobH