Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Citius Altius Fortius

NOlympia.de - Website

I just want to introduce our GB-members to the official website of "NOlympia.de"

You can find on their website a comparision of the countdown clock of Munich 2018 with christian missionaries and the speech of Bush jr. on the aircraft carrier, when he declared that the Iraq war is over - since on the countdown clock the word "Mission" is used - everybody on this forum will be able to evaluate these comparisions

NOlympia.de - Die Sport Missionare

OOHHHHH - and the best part is this article about the Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver - I recommend every Canadian GB-member to read about the impact of the Olympic Games 2010 on Vancouver and Canada out of the point of view from NOlympia.de

NOlympia.de - Olympische Winterspiele Vancouver

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, 82 million people living in Germany, so it is natural that some opposition. All people thinking in terms of their own, regardless of right and wrong. Munich and Garmisch is almost ready. There is no major scale development.

German Green Party delegates at the party national convention voted in favor of an anti-Olympic resolution: 289 yes, 244 no and 70 abstentions.

47.9% : Anti bid.

40.5% : Support bid.

11.6% : Abstention.

Even within the Greens party, Munich bid opposition does not exceeded 50%. This is a democracy. 50 million Germans are supporting this bid. 2010, 2011 WC was held very successfully. Most Germans seem to love winter sports.

:rolleyes:

Looks like a lot of ideological sh!t to me. Looks like the site is not one to let facts get in the the way.

OOHHHHH - and the best part is this article about the Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver - I recommend every Canadian GB-member to read about the impact of the Olympic Games 2010 on Vancouver and Canada out of the point of view from NOlympia.de

NOlympia.de - Olympische Winterspiele Vancouver

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Err... so... what does the article say about Vancouver? German is not my forte.

the article is so long that I can't translate everyting - therewith please pay attention to the article translated by the google translator

I recommend to read that carefully - e.g. the sentences about the opening ceremony, and the drug problems, the ski jump in whistler, the airport etc etc.

I just want to emphasise that is not the opinion of the majority in Germany - that is a website of an Anti-Olympic-Movement...