Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBModerator

Official 2018 Olympic Bid RSVP Topic

Where will you be watching, celebrating or commiserating on July 6, 2011 when the International Olympic Committee votes for their Olympic Winter Games host in 2018?

Comment in this thread and/or register your participation on Facebook:

2018 Olympic Winter Games Bid - Announcement of elected Host City

While you are their make sure to 'like' the official GamesBids.com Facebook page at http://www.Facebook.com/gamesbids

And - follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/gamesbids

I will try to be in Munich on the Marienplatz - I will try to organise a kind of "GB-flag"

What a great idea! I'll be watching for the flag. Make sure you join the Facebook GamesBids.com "event"!

I believe Andrew8 (if anyone remembers) will be in Korea. Maybe he can wave a GB flag too. ;)

I'll be in Annecy....waving a GB flag (if Annecy 2018 gets 10 more points at the next bid index ;) )

252720_118164798268310_100002243716207_164077_3979747_n.jpg

result of the french NOC selection in 2009 (amongst Annecy, Pelvoux, Nice, Grenoble)

I'll be watching from the host city of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games--Vaaaaancouver!

Hopefully I'll be keen enough to get up in the middle of the night to watch. Actually, I'm sure I will - decision nights are the BEST on GB.

What's the advantages of signing up to the Facebook feed?

I'll be fast asleep - this decision doesn't really matter to me.

Munich wins - I have free accommodation just near the Olympiapark and CAF is a happy man - YAY!

Annecy wins - I have friends in Lyon and Geneva to stay with - relatively close - YAY!

PC wins - probably the best case scenario as international markets will get huge ticketing allocations to Ice Hockey and most alpine events - YAY!

The only thing is that it will effect the 2020 race. I doubt Rome will pull out if Munich/Annecy win though.

I'll be fast asleep - this decision doesn't really matter to me.

Munich wins - I have free accommodation just near the Olympiapark and CAF is a happy man - YAY!

Annecy wins - I have friends in Lyon and Geneva to stay with - relatively close - YAY!

PC wins - probably the best case scenario as international markets will get huge ticketing allocations to Ice Hockey and most alpine events - YAY!

The only thing is that it will effect the 2020 race. I doubt Rome will pull out if Munich/Annecy win though.

Don't forget curling, biathlon, cross country skiing, ski jumping, nordic combined and freestyle skiing. If its not run by the ISU Koreans aren't interested.

The vote will be organize between 3:20pm and 3:50pm (Durban's time)

The announcement will be between 5pm and 5:30pm (Durban's time)

And by the way, Durban's time is GMT+1

The announcement will be 5:30 pm in Durban(CET).

Do we know yet the exact time of the vote?

For technical reasons the even has been recreated on Facebook, the new link is...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=206435262726674

If you responded before, please respond again. You will have a chance to win a GamesBids.com dated event pin and you'll be updated with events happening July 6 around the world. Plus - you can show support for your favourite bid.

Completely stupid polls.

Which city do you think should win the right to host the 2018 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games?

Who would you like to see host the 2018 Olympic Winter Games?

What city do you want to see host the 2018 Olympic Winter Games?

Who will win the 2018 Olympic bid?

What city will win the 2018 Olympic Winter Games bid?

Which city do you think should win the right to host the 2018 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games?

Who would you like to see host the 2018 Olympic Winter Games?

What city do you want to see host the 2018 Olympic Winter Games?

Who will win the 2018 Olympic bid?

What city will win the 2018 Olympic Winter Games bid?

One answer: PyeongChang!! :lol::lol:

I'll be joining some party in Korea to celebrate PC 2018! :)

though, I need to visit the PC 2018 office to ask where they are hosting the party... lol

There should be a venue in Seoul I would think...

I'll be joining some party in Korea to celebrate PC 2018! :)

though, I need to visit the PC 2018 office to ask where they are hosting the party... lol

There should be a venue in Seoul I would think...

Welcome back! It's finally nice to have a REAL Korean back on these boards! ;)

You sure missed a lot while you were away.

I will watch the election and announcement from Singapore - the host city of 1st summer Youth Olympic Games! :)

It will be about 9pm here when the announcement is made.

during vote time - will be at daily mass at Holy Family Parish in Fort Collins Colorado since mass is at 7:30AM

Announcement cerimony - in my living room at home in Loveland Colorado

Sadly i'll be on college when the decision is made...so i won't be able to watch it live :(

Unless i try using one of the computers there, but their internet sucks big time.