Journeys of an Olympic Tourist

Nice pictures! Did you happen to get any pictures of the Innsbruck Olympic Cauldrons?

I didn't unfortunately.

Only made it to Innsbruck as a day trip from Munich so didn't really have a chance to do much Olympic sightseeing, I think the 2012 countdown clock was pretty much the only Olympic related thing we saw.

Still, loved that little city, be an awesome place to return in the winter months I think.

Not sure about the stairs Baron, my mind is failing me, but I was sure I saw some going up the side.

The walk to Lillehammer Olympic Park is an od one, one of those strolls where you feel like you're not really supposed to be there. haha. Still, you go through a really nice farmy looking area with streams and bridges - I guess you can really imagine it covered in snow and being used for cross country events.

Question: where is the Munich Olympic cauldron now in relation to the Olympic stadium? Looks like it's in the park area but no longer inside the stadium itself.

Incidentally, the black wall near the Lillehammer cauldron was there during the Games, it just was usually out of the camera shots.

Question: where is the Munich Olympic cauldron now in relation to the Olympic stadium? Looks like it's in the park area but no longer inside the stadium itself.

Incidentally, the black wall near the Lillehammer cauldron was there during the Games, it just was usually out of the camera shots.

Right, so the photo of me just below the the pic of the cauldron, well Im pretty much looking at the cauldron.

The cauldron is positioned within the gated area of the Olympic stadium, it is on the other side of the concrete pedestrian area which runs around the top lip of the stadium. So yup, it's still just a few meters from where it was originally positioned, they have planted a few shrubs and trees around it, which is why it looks like parkland.

Archived