I searched the old topic "Rio Pictures" but I did not find. It seems to have been removed. I received an email with interesting photos of Rio and want to share here.

rio01.jpg

Christ the Redeemer

rio03.jpg

Copacabana

rio02.jpg

rio35.jpg

Copacabana Palace Hotel

rio04.jpg

Porto

rio06.jpg

Palácio Mourisco (Fiocruz)

rio07.jpg

Rio-Niterói Bridge

rio08.jpg

Downtown

rio09v.jpg

National Library. The largest of Latin America and the 8th largest in the world.

rio10n.jpg

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm already convinced. Flights: booked Accomodation: booked Tickets: booked

Thanks Cauê for making us (me at least) discover the architecture of your city. Rio is a wonder, no doubt Rio Olympics & Paralympics will be fantastic.

Biblioteca Nacional (Brazilian National Library) This is the most important Brazilian library. uploading pictures upload image online host image online

Arcos da Lapa. It serves as a way for the tram to Santa Teresa

rio11.jpg

Museum of Fine Arts

rio12q.jpg

Confeitaria Colombo. This traditional store has been operating since 1900 in the center of Rio.

rio13.jpg

Palácio Tiradentes

rio14.jpg

Real Gabinete Português de Leitura

rio15.jpg

Marquês de Sapucaí. Local of samba schools parade and one of the venues of 2016 Olympic Games.

rio16.jpg

Rodrigo de Freitas Lake, local were is placed the largest floating Christmas tree in the world.

rio17.jpg

rio20.jpg

rio21.jpg

Teatro Municipal

rio18.jpg

I do not know, maybe it's against the rules? Anyway, while moderation does not comment, I will continue with the posts.

Gavea hippodrome

rio19.jpg

Palácio das Laranjeiras

rio22o.jpg

Palácio da Guanabara

rio23r.jpg

Yacht Club with Botafogo beach in the background

rio24.jpg

An yacht in Marina da Glória, sailing venue of 2016 Olympic Games.

rio25.jpg

Arpoador beach with the Morro Dois Irmãos in background

rio26.jpg

Perfect mix: Ferrari and Ipanema

rio27.jpg

How many pages was the original thread? Some of the really big, graphics-heavy threads seem to get too big for the board to handle. Something similar happened recently with one of the threads with YouTube clips of past ceremonies.

How many pages was the original thread? Some of the really big, graphics-heavy threads seem to get too big for the board to handle. Something similar happened recently with one of the threads with YouTube clips of past ceremonies.

So, this can be a reason...

Sad, that thread was special...

sad.gif

City of contrasts:

The neighboring districts of São Conrado (with the buildings) and Favela da Rocinha

rio31.jpg

rio32.jpg

Salon D'or at the Casa de Cultura Julieta de Serpa

rio28.jpg

Niemeyer Avenue, access road to Barra

rio29.jpg

rio30.jpg

Barra

rio33.jpg

Chopin Monument by Zamoiski, donated to Brazil by polish colony, at Praia Vermelha

rio34.jpg

^^^

That's Elevado do Joá not Avenida Niemeyer. Avenida Niemeyer connects Leblon to São Conrado via Vidigal, while the highway that you show connects São Conrado to Barra via Joá.

id like to see more pictures of "inside" Rio,more of tourists attractions besides the Christ, sugar loaf, and the beach. are there any zoos/aquarium in rio? how about nightlife and samba house pictures? other events or expos in the city? favelas social works and how these people get in touch with sports. i like the pictures but i think theres much more to be shown other than the obvious/big structured beauties. =]

• 1 month later...

The project of subway station in Barra da Tijuca district, that is already under construction and in time, without delays.
Also, the project of the Marina to be built nearby.

Amazing video. If this comes true, the entrance of Barra will become a very charming place.
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

http://multimedia.odiaonline.net/cristo/cristo-gigapixel/index.html - A gigapixel picture taken from Christ The Reedemer, with amazing zoom on iinteresting points of the city.

Truly amazing! wink.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Guanabara Palace, headquarters of Rio de Janeiro state government was open after lost of restorements and refubshments.

Amazing, a jewel in the Laranjeiras district in Rio.

palacioguanabara.jpg

Footage from inside part and the light show at night in the TV Globo report:

http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Noticias/0,,GIM1733299-7823-TERMINA+RESTAURACAO+DO+PALACIO+GANABARA+SEDE+DO+GOVERNO+DO+RIO,00.html