Sign in to follow this  
baron-pierreIV

Winter 2022

Sochi will use the upgrades as a summer resort and as a burgeoning winter resort. Just as you state upgrades in Sweden would bring more tourism, that true in Russia, too. Win-win.

If Ostersund and Are are already two of the major resorts in Sweden, do they need to upgrade? Will they need 40,000 hotel rooms between the two cities? They have been successful for years without that.

As for Rogge, I have to respectfully agree that he encourages every NOC to bid. He is a diplomat and not a realist, at least not publically. I can't recall one time where he has criticized a bid in public.

And as I said before, I would love to have Sweden host the Games.

Only Åre has 31000 beds. I don't know about Östersund.

I support 2022 going back to Europe. Even if 2020 goes to a European city.

2022 is European time regardless of result of 2020.

The same can be said for Sweden. The olympics can make better possibles to training to the Swedish and why not even Norweigan athletes. Remember Åre/Östersund isn't far from the Norweigan border. There are regular trains going from Trondheim to Östersund.

Well, he has contact with the IOC members. He probably know how the discussion are among them.

But aren't you the one constantly touting Ostersund/Are as already being one of the best & biggest winter resorts in Sweden & all of Europe? So do they really need to make it all the more "bigger & better"? And would the local populance & government support such an idea in a much more democratic country like Sweden?

Sochi & Russia, on the other hand, had nothing, zilch, nada. And Putin & his clan were ready & willing to put the huge work into it. Those are the huge differences between the two countries. Sorry, Pillan. But I just don't see it. Ostersund & Sweden doesn't need this kind of big investment, when even you yourself say, you guys already have one of the biggest & best winter facilities out there.

And IOC members talking among themselves in the open, is totally different on how they would cast their vote upon any particular candidate in a SECRET ballot.

• Thanks 1

But aren't you the one constantly touting Ostersund/Are as already being one of the best & biggest winter resorts in Sweden & all of Europe? So do they really need to make it all the more "bigger & better"? And would the local populance & government support such an idea in a much more democratic country like Sweden?

Sochi & Russia, on the other hand, had nothing, zilch, nada. And Putin & his clan were ready & willing to put the huge work into it. Those are the huge differences between the two countries. Sorry, Pillan. But I just don't see it. Ostersund & Sweden doesn't need this kind of big investment, when even you yourself say, you guys already have one of the biggest & best winter facilities out there.

And IOC members talking among themselves in the open, is totally different on how they would cast their vote upon any particular candidate in a SECRET ballot.

Acutally Åre has been named the best ski resort in the world the #1 ski resort in the world by the magazine Condé Nast Traveller. Let me guess, Sochi hasn't such geat response as winter resort??

Yes Åre/Östersund is great but everything can be better right? Especially for Sweden smaller sport events.

How we don't need this? Look at Canada. They did their best Olympics as host. Look at all support and money to the canadian athletes training and preparations. Sweden need this to make our athletes stronger and better. This is a way to support SOC and the sport in Sweden.

Also this is a strange comment. We don't need it?? So one of the best ski resorts in the world should not host it because we don't need it?? Maybe that's why we should host. Finally a real winter resort host it after Sochi and South Korea. I can't believe you actually think Sochi is a better host than Åre.

For me it sounds that you are afraid of Sweden bidding and try to put it down.

Also why do USA host so many times?? They don't need it either... So you think USA shouldn't host again?

To add: Olympics is a great way to make promotion for Åre, Östersund and Sweden. Åre is already a great winter resort but of course the tourism can be even better. It always can be better.

There was nothing in Sochi. Moreover, Sochi is a summer resort. is true. Sochi is a lack of snow. The Olympics is not a tool of land development. Germany, Switzerland, Sweden and Austria have no reason to be alienated. We need to enjoy the Olympics. Many people want the Olympics in there. USA already too many hosted. I see USA and Canada as one geography. If so 6-times already have. If 2022 go to Europe, 2026 is a time of USA, since then, there is no opportunity for North America until 2042. I think.

I can't believe you actually think Sochi is a better host than Åre.

For me it sounds that you are afraid of Sweden bidding and try to put it down.

Wtf, Pillan. Where did I say that Sochi would make a better host than Are? Stop putting words in my mouth. I said no such thing. And again, no one here is putting Sweden "down" or are afraid" of them bidding. Geez, you're starting to sound more & more like Tulsa with each & every post of yours.

And yes, some things can be made better, but other things would be better off left untouched. Why try & fix what ain't broken. And you keep seperating the issues. First it's the resorts, then I tell you it's also about the infrastructure, like more roads & hotel rooms. Now you're back to the resorts. I mean wtf is little Ostersund gonna need & do with all those extra roads & rooms just sitting there being unused & vacant after the Games are over. It's not just one thing or the other. It's all intertwined, Tulsa, I mean, Pillan. :rolleyes:

I'm not even going there about the U.S. I'm more of a fan of the Summer Olympics, anyway.

@Pillan

What's the latest on extending the the high speed rail through to Ostersund and onto Trondheim?

Wtf, Pillan. Where did I say that Sochi would make a better host than Are? Stop putting words in my mouth. I said no such thing. And again, no one here is putting Sweden "down" or are afraid" of them bidding. Geez, you're starting to sound more & more like Tulsa with each & every post of yours.

And yes, some things can be made better, but other things would be better off left untouched. Why try & fix what ain't broken. And you keep seperating the issues. First it's the resorts, then I tell you it's also about the infrastructure, like more roads & hotel rooms. Now you're back to the resorts. I mean wtf is little Ostersund gonna need & do with all those extra roads & rooms just sitting there being unused & vacant after the Games are over. It's not just one thing or the other. It's all intertwined, Tulsa, I mean, Pillan. :rolleyes:

I'm not even going there about the U.S. I'm more of a fan of the Summer Olympics, anyway.

What shall Sochi do with the extra rooms(or don't they need any?) and arenas after Olympics???? What about USA?? Do they need all arenas and hotel rooms?? This is question marks to all winter hosts. and even summer hosts. There's no problem with infrastructure as I said earlier. Because Sweden is a small nation you do think we need to do a lot of upgrades. We don't!

Okay how many hotell rooms do Östersund/Åre need?? Remember Åre IS a winter resort. There are many rooms already.

There was nothing in Sochi. Moreover, Sochi is a summer resort. is true. Sochi is a lack of snow. The Olympics is not a tool of land development. Germany, Switzerland, Sweden and Austria have no reason to be alienated.

I don't think anyone is 'alienating' those countries. Like with anything else, it all depends on who's the most feasible, who's turn is it & who has the most to offer.

2022 looks like it's "destined" for Western Europe much like it's 2012 summer counterpart was. And out of those that you listed, I would give the edge to Germany & Switzerland, based on all the varibles that are always involved.

What shall Sochi do with the extra rooms(or don't they need any?) and arenas after Olympics???? What about USA?? Do they need all arenas and hotel rooms?? This is question marks to all winter hosts. and even summer hosts. There's no problem with infrastructure as I said earlier. Because Sweden is a small nation you do think we need to do a lot of upgrades. We don't!

You're comparing little Ostersund with much larger cities like Denver, Sochi & even Reno? Apples & oranges, Tul-illan. Plus these larger cities already have more infrastructure to begin with.

Munich say we have 35,000 roems. Pyeongchang say we have 76,054 rooms is a lie. It is absolutely impossible. I think that include a cheap room or motel or exaggerated.

And they promised to sell tickets more than Munich and Annecy. I do not believe. Maybe it is possible with free tickets and bulk purchase by sponsorships like World Athletics World Championships in South Korea next month.

I hope any cities bid should not be repeated like Pyeongchang. Pyeongchang has purchased into all kinds of lie.

You're comparing little Ostersund with much larger cities like Denver, Sochi & even Reno? Apples & oranges, Tul-illan. Plus these larger cities already have more infrastructure to begin with.

Still what shall they do will all arenas, roads and rooms. I mean if they needed them then they should already made them and not only because of the Olympics. Ohhh, yes because Åre and Östersund only is visted by their own population?? Not by the rest of Sweden Scandinavia and Europe?

Serously what's your problem with Sweden host WOG?? You seems to have an agenda. Lame excuses all the time from you.

Munich say we have 35,000 roems. Pyeongchang say we have 76,054 rooms is a lie. It is absolutely impossible. I think that include a cheap room or motel or exaggerated.

Well, you do ned cheap rooms as well. Not everyone going to a games is going to be able to afford, or want, five star accommodation.

And they promised to sell tickets more than Munich and Annecy. I do not believe. Maybe it is possible with free tickets and bulk purchase by sponsorships like World Athletics World Championships in South Korea next month.

I hope any cities bid should not be repeated like Pyeongchang. Pyeongchang has purchased into all kinds of lie.

I don't know about rooms but only Åre has 31000 beds. Then we don't know about Östersund. They also have alot of hotels. So yes they need to build rooms but not that much as people seems to think.

Åre has also small houses to tourists as families and groups of friends. I guess those aren't included in the 31000 beds.

Serously what's your problem with Sweden host WOG?? You seems to have an agenda. Lame excuses all the time from you.

I don't have an "agenda". I have nothing against Sweden or if they want to bid or whatever. What's really "lame" though, is your sorry a@s accusations & completely being irrational to have a discussion about probabilities & impediments about certain bids chances.

You're acting in the same fashion Tulsa did when he was here constantly trolling & cheerleading over his beloved Annecy & France. And while there really isn't anything wrong with supporting your home country & bid, it's quite another to constantly being so defensive & irrational when someone raises reasonable concerns over certain issues, instead of constantly being on the attack like "what's your problem, what's your agenda, why are you afraid of Sweden, blah, blah blah & yada yada yada". :rolleyes:

I don't have an "agenda". I have nothing against Sweden or if they want to bid or whatever. What's really "lame" though, is your sorry a@s accusations & completely being irrational to have a discussion about probabilities & impediments about certain bids chances.

You're acting in the same fashion Tulsa did when he was here constantly trolling & cheerleading over his beloved Annecy & France. And while there really isn't anything wrong with supporting your home country & bid, it's quite another to constantly being so defensive & irrational when someone raises reasonable concerns over certain issues, instead of constantly being on the attack like "what's your problem, what's your agenda, why are you afraid of Sweden, blah, blah blah & yada yada yada". :rolleyes:

Well you clearly seems to have an agenda against Sweden when you come with lame excuses who can be against USA, Sochi too.

You are talking about Sweden must fix infrastructure, rooms, arenas ect but that's a need to all hosts, not only Sweden. Do you really ´mean USA have everything they need to host WOG. They don't need to do anything?? No new arenas, no new infrastructures, no new rooms ect ect?? Sochi needs to spend way more money than Sweden to host WOG.

IOC standard is 22,800 rooms. (As of 2007)

Not more?? Wow and all this talk about new rooms???? Ha ha Åre/Östersund fix that EASILY if they already don't have it.

*sigh* whatever, Tul-lan. I'm done with your irrational & "lame" behavior. :rolleyes:

I say same to you and your bad behavior!!! Go away and put down Sweden with you lame excuses in an another forum. :(

Well Pillan, please just call the mayor of Östersund and tell him why they should bid. And if you are lucky they will bid and i f you are luckier than lucky you will get the head of this bid and then you can tell the members of the IOC why your Östersund is so great and MUST host the games... ;)

btw if that really happens, just call me and tell me which venues must be built or decorated. I will do that for you, but only if you pay enough naturally... :lol: