Winter 2022

Please stop talking about hockey if you can't discuss both sides. Canada had one returning player on the roster for the 2010 WCH which is a tournament Canada could care less about (hence why the tournament is in Europe every year). Canada's three goalies for this year's world championships would not even make the D team :lol: hence why I am saying Canada B could beat a Sweden A team (which had washed up players like Forsberg). You keep going back to 2006 that was five years ago! :lol: when the wrong decisions were made (crosby was not picked for the team)

Players who did not make the 2010 team:

Martin St. Louis

Vincent Lecavalier

Steven Stamkos - Most goals in the NHL last year

Brad Richards

Ryan Smyth

Shane Doan

Jordan Staal

Patrick Sharp

Jeff Carter

Jason Spezza

Paul Kariya

Marc Savard

Cam Ward

Dion Phaneuf

Mike Greene

Steven Robidas

Jay Boumeester

Ed Jovanovski

I am not saying its going to happen every time, but it is possible for Canada's b team to beat Sweden's A team (especially when the Europeans play on wider ice which is really stupid if you ask me). Can Sweden match that amount of players from the NHL? the answer IS A NOOOO.

Also, to think of it ARE has 10,000 ppl who in their right mind would put the WOG there. Rather see it in better more famous European countries not in the middle of no where.

And here's some of the guys in the Swedish A-team

Zetterberg

D.Sedin(current Art ross winner)

H. Sedin(last years Art ross winner)

Backstrom(finished 4th in the art ross race last year)

Lidstrom (current Norris holder)

Lundqvist

Eriksson

Franzen

Enström

Edler

Kronwall

Jovanovski, Green and Boumeester against Lidstrom, Enstrom and Edler?? Looooool give me the Swedes!! Ha ha haha! Pretty lame!!

Also you can say that you don't care about WCH. But the fact is still if you B/C /D teams can't beat Sweden's B/C/D how can you say they will do it against Sweden's A-team: You Canadians are idiots. You always say that you can send three teams to every championships and still be gold contenders, Still you finished 7th at Olympics 2006. You finished 7th in the WCH 2010. Why that if you can beat everyone with team what team you whatever send.

It's so lame when you say the 2006 placement is because poor selections when you say Canada's B-team can beat Sweden's A-team. How can Canada has poor selections when your B-team is so AMAAAAAAAAAAZING?? LAME and ARROGANT!!

And you say Canada don't care about the WCH. Well, Swedish players don't do that either. Backstrom, Zetterberg, Sedin, Sedin, Lidstrom, Kronwall, Edler, Enstrom, Franzen, Lundqvist ect ect... they didn't participate in either WCH 2010 and 2011. Still Sweden finished better than Canada. If you look at the rosters you will see that Canada have more NHLers than Sweden. Still you can't beat Sweden. But you really think you can beat the Swedish A-team?? LOOOL!

I don't usually respond to Pillan because it is just inane but....

1) In 2006 the team picked should not have been there, Gretzky screwed up big-time in picking slow, immobile players that should not have been considered for the tournament.

2) 2002 was played on European style ice, both finalist were from North America

3) 2010 was the first time North American ice was used

4) Canada boycotted the 1972 and 1976 tournaments over the IOC's unfair regulations that allowed Czechoslovakia and the USSR to send their professional players, while not allowing Canada to send theres. This was the case from 1956 until 1998. Until 1998 Canada never sent their top players to the Olympic tournament because we couldn't. And will likely not be able to now, because I doubt the NHL is going to stop their season for games in Russia and Korea.

5) The above point is also true for the World Championships. Canada has never sent its top players to that tournament. If you knew anything about hockey you would now that. In 2010 and 2011 only 2 players (Corey Perry and Rick Nash) played for both the World Championship and Olympic team.

2 and 3: Still it's you can't say the NA ice didn't affected the chances for Canada? Look at USA. They barely never makes it to any final. But they did it in USA 2002 and Canada 2010. Was USA suddenly much better than in the other tournaments? the finished 8th in 2006 and the most placements in Olympics are between 5th-8th. 1994, 8th and 1998 6th. But wooooooow suddenly they are so much better in NA. Also USA golds were in USA!!!

The rest of the comment: Wooow so now it's because poooooooor selections of players? But wait how can CANADA have poor selections when their B-team can beat the other top countries A-teams?????? The Canadian in here are saying that Canada's b team could beat the swedish olympic champions. But now you are saying Canada did bad because of bad selections?? Woow, what bad excuses. LOOOOOOOL! :o:rolleyes:

And here's some of the guys in the Swedish A-team

Zetterberg

D.Sedin(current Art ross winner)

H. Sedin(last years Art ross winner)

Backstrom(finished 4th in the art ross race last year)

Lidstrom (current Norris holder)

Lundqvist

Eriksson

Franzen

Enström

Edler

Kronwall

Jovanovski, Green and Boumeester against Lidstrom, Enstrom and Edler?? Looooool give me the Swedes!! Ha ha haha! Pretty lame!!

Also you can say that you don't care about WCH. But the fact is still if you B/C /D teams can't beat Sweden's B/C/D how can you say they will do it against Sweden's A-team: You Canadians are idiots. You always say that you can send three teams to every championships and still be gold contenders, Still you finished 7th at Olympics 2006. You finished 7th in the WCH 2010. Why that if you can beat everyone with team what team you whatever send.

It's so lame when you say the 2006 placement is because poor selections when you say Canada's B-team can beat Sweden's A-team. How can Canada has poor selections when your B-team is so AMAAAAAAAAAAZING?? LAME and ARROGANT!!

And you say Canada don't care about the WCH. Well, Swedish players don't do that either. Backstrom, Zetterberg, Sedin, Sedin, Lidstrom, Kronwall, Edler, Enstrom, Franzen, Lundqvist ect ect... they didn't participate in either WCH 2010 and 2011. Still Sweden finished better than Canada. If you look at the rosters you will see that Canada have more NHLers than Sweden. Still you can't beat Sweden. But you really think you can beat the Swedish A-team?? LOOOL!

You are a Fcking Dumb bitch (go cook or something) I SAID WHO DIDN't MAKE CANADA'S A TEAM and you start talking about Sweden's A team Compare Canada's defense with Sweden and anyone would take Canada's no one wants 41 year old to lead their defense.

Lidstrom, Enstrom and Edler Vs Doughty, Keith, Weber easily the Canadians. In case you haven't noticed Faster's post Canada could not send professional until 1998 and won on European ice in 2002!! Moreover, Canada has won 3X the world championships as Sweden has. Finally, Canada's goalies at the 2011 WHC were third string goalies on NHL teams! Probably the worst team Canada's has ever sent more like a E or even F team.

You are a Fcking Dumb bitch (go cook or something) I SAID WHO DIDN't MAKE CANADA'S A TEAM and you start talking about Sweden's A team Compare Canada's defense with Sweden and anyone would take Canada's no one wants 41 year old to lead their defense.

Lidstrom, Enstrom and Edler Vs Doughty, Keith, Weber easily the Canadians. In case you haven't noticed Faster's post Canada could not send professional until 1998 and won on European ice in 2002!! Moreover, Canada has won 3X the world championships as Sweden has. Finally, Canada's goalies at the 2011 WHC were third string goalies on NHL teams! Probably the worst team Canada's has ever sent more like a E or even F team.

I'm dumb????? You are saying that Canada's B-team can beat Sweden's A-team. Why is it wrong to put up the Swedish A-team then?? I thought that was what we are talking about??

No one in Canada wants a 41-years old to lead their team. Well the Norris trophy says hello!!! You say, Doughty, Keith and Weber are so great?? But still they can't beat a 41 years old. Not so great I would say. Sorry but I take Lidstrom, Edler and Enstrom easily over the canadians, especially because Lidstrom's experience! No one could send NHLers before 1998. Look many players were still in the PO. For example Lidstrom couldn't participate in Lillehammer 1994. About 2011. Still you have more NHLers than Sweden. 16 players in team Sweden were from European leagues. So do you mean those Canadian players shouldn't be in NHL then?

I'm dumb????? You are saying that Canada's B-team can beat Sweden's A-team. Why is it wrong to put up the Swedish A-team then?? I thought that was what we are talking about??

No one in Canada wants a 41-years old to lead their team. Well the Norris trophy says hello!!! You say, Doughty, Keith and Weber are so great?? But still they can't beat a 41 years old. Not so great I would say. Sorry but I take Lidstrom, Edler and Enstrom easily over the canadians, especially because Lidstrom's experience! No one could send NHLers before 1998. Look many players were still in the PO. For example Lidstrom couldn't participate in Lillehammer 1994. About 2011. Still you have more NHLers than Sweden. 16 players in team Sweden were from European leagues. So do you mean those Canadian players shouldn't be in NHL then?

I don't understand what you are saying in the last few lines, but Keith won the trophy in 2010 Lidstrom should not have won with a -2 this past year.

I don't understand what you are saying in the last few lines, but Keith won the trophy in 2010 Lidstrom should not have won with a -2 this past year.

+ I said can not will beat (although it is more towards 60% chance).

If Lidstrom shouldn't have won this year then Canadian Rob Blake shouldn't won over Lidstrom 1998. Blake had -3. Is that okay do you think?? Sorry, but Lidstrom was the best d-man this year.

+ I said can not will beat (although it is more towards 60% chance).

:rolleyes::lol:

Yeah how come Canada can't beat Sweden's B/C/D teams then?

Loool, there's no way that Canada's B-team should win aganst Sweden with 60% chance. Remember 2006. Ha ha ha ha!

If Lidstrom shouldn't have won this year then Canadian Rob Blake shouldn't won over Lidstrom 1998. Blake had -3. Is that okay do you think?? Sorry, but Lidstrom was the best d-man this year.

:rolleyes::lol:

Yeah how come Canada can't beat Sweden's B/C/D teams then?

Loool, there's no way that Canada's B-team should win aganst Sweden with 60% chance. Remember 2006. Ha ha ha ha!

Read Faster's post about the wrong team and yea Rob Blake should not have won in 1998.

Read Faster's post about the wrong team and yea Rob Blake should not have won in 1998.

the wrong team is BS!!!!Crap talk! Lame excuse!!! How can Canada have wrong team if the B-team have a 60% chance to win against Sweden's A-team? BTW we are talking about a team who actually won gold 2006.

It's funny because you canadians always says you can win gild with 3 different teams. But when you do bad it's because wrong players. Looooool! :lol:

And who should have won Norris 2011 if not Lidstrom?

the wrong team is BS!!!!Crap talk! Lame excuse!!! How can Canada have wrong team if the B-team have a 60% chance to win against Sweden's A-team? BTW we are talking about a team who actually won gold 2006.

It's funny because you canadians always says you can win gild with 3 different teams. But when you do bad it's because wrong players. Looooool! :lol:

And who should have won Norris 2011 if not Lidstrom?

Norris trophy is for best defense men so if your plus minus was bad you are not a good defense men Chara led his team to the stanley cup so probably him. Why do you keep talking about 2006? It was true that Canada made bad decisions (they left of Crosby for one and put Mccabe on the team :lol). Talk about 2010 when Canada won gold or 2002.

Norris trophy is for best defense men so if your plus minus was bad you are not a good defense men Chara led his team to the stanley cup so probably him. Why do you keep talking about 2006? It was true that Canada made bad decisions (they left of Crosby for one and put Mccabe on the team :lol). Talk about 2010 when Canada won gold or 2002.

Chara had the best goaltender to back him up. Look at least 8 players in Bruins had better +/- stats than the best p+layer in DRW. But do you mean all those players are better on defense than Pavel "the Selke trophy"Datsyuk?? Loooool! That's useless stat.

1998: Czech Republic won Olympics with half part of the team from other leagues than NHL. They also beat Canada in QF. Why that if Canada can beat the other teams A-teams with their B-team?

2002: Yes Canada won but not easy. Actually Sweden beat Canada 5-2. But you think your B-team can beat Sweden's A-team with a 60% chance?

2010: Yes Canada won but again not easy. You hardly beat Switzerland in PS. Also USA was hardly beated in OT. But you think your B-team can win against Sweden's A-team with 60% chance?? Loool!

Canada won 2002 and 2010 because it was held in NA. See you in SOCHI 2014!!

:lol:

So back to topic.

Either its going to be Reno, Denver, Munich or the Swiss bid that wins.

Looool, all them will have a hard time against Sweden. :rolleyes:

Please NO USA !!!! I HATE IT!! Enough already!!

Chara had the best goaltender to back him up. Look at least 8 players in Bruins had better +/- stats than the best p+layer in DRW. But do you mean all those players are better on defense than Pavel "the Selke trophy"Datsyuk?? Loooool! That's useless stat.

1998: Czech Republic won Olympics with half part of the team from other leagues than NHL. They also beat Canada in QF. Why that if Canada can beat the other teams A-teams with their B-team?

2002: Yes Canada won but not easy. Actually Sweden beat Canada 5-2. But you think your B-team can beat Sweden's A-team with a 60% chance?

2010: Yes Canada won but again not easy. You hardly beat Switzerland in PS. Also USA was hardly beated in OT. But you think your B-team can win against Sweden's A-team with 60% chance?? Loool!

Canada won 2002 and 2010 because it was held in NA. See you in SOCHI 2014!!

Looool, all them will have a hard time against Sweden. :rolleyes:

Please NO USA !!!! I HATE IT!! Enough already!!

The same thing goes for Sweden;s B team they have a decent chance of beating Canada's B team but in fact Canada's B team has the best chance to beat any A team of any country, Russia, USa (not saying THEY WILL, but they have A CHANCE).

Sochi will be a disappointment, because Russia is going to win if the NHL doesn't go as they will have ovechkin. Anyways, why do you hate the USA? :lol: I'd bet my entire bank account that ten USA cities could host the games more successfully then Sweden can dream off. Only if the games were proposed to be held in Stockholm, Uppsala, Gotenburg, Linkoping, Malmo etc. they might have a chance, but Are? thats a joke, double the population of the town go watch NHL games here, imagine Sweden 2022 with half empty arenas.

The same thing goes for Sweden;s B team they have a decent chance of beating Canada's B team but in fact Canada's B team has the best chance to beat any A team of any country, Russia, USa (not saying THEY WILL, but they have A CHANCE).

Sochi will be a disappointment, because Russia is going to win if the NHL doesn't go as they will have ovechkin. Anyways, why do you hate the USA? :lol: I'd bet my entire bank account that ten USA cities could host the games more successfully then Sweden can dream off. Only if the games were proposed to be held in Stockholm, Uppsala, Gotenburg, Linkoping, Malmo etc. they might have a chance, but Are? thats a joke, double the population of the town go watch NHL games here, imagine Sweden 2022 with half empty arenas.

The latest Olympic game between Canada and Sweden ended with a swedish victory 5-2. If your A-team can't beat Sweden's A-tean then how can you say canada's B-team has 60% to win against them?

If NHL don't go to Sochi then whý should Ovechkin? Well Ovechkin played in WCH 2010 and 2011 but still Russia didn't win. Actually 2010 Russia had almost the whole their Olympic squad but still they didn't won. BTW with the AMAZING squad yoar are saying Canada have this shouldn't be a excuse.. Loooool!

Ohhhh, so it's only Östersund who whatch Olympics??? You mean the rest of Sweden's 9,2 millions aren't intrested??? Loooool. And What about Norway?? Many Norweigans wants Swedish olympic rather than Norweigan one because it's close to Norway but still they haven't to pay for it. and the hockey should be waaaay more successful in Sweden than in your beloved Germany and Switzerland.

Why I hate USA?? Because they don't deserve Olympics ever 200 years. But I understand that you want Olympics in USA. Canada sucks at hockey if not NA!!

The latest Olympic game between Canada and Sweden ended with a swedish victory 5-2. If your A-team can't beat Sweden's A-tean then how can you say canada's B-team has 60% to win against them?

If NHL don't go to Sochi then whý should Ovechkin? Well Ovechkin played in WCH 2010 and 2011 but still Russia didn't win. Actually 2010 Russia had almost the whole their Olympic squad but still they didn't won. BTW with the AMAZING squad yoar are saying Canada have this shouldn't be a excuse.. Loooool!

Ohhhh, so it's only Östersund who whatch Olympics??? You mean the rest of Sweden's 9,2 millions aren't intrested??? Loooool. And What about Norway?? Many Norweigans wants Swedish olympic rather than Norweigan one because it's close to Norway but still they haven't to pay for it. and the hockey should be waaaay more successful in Sweden than in your beloved Germany and Switzerland.

Why I hate USA?? Because they don't deserve Olympics ever 200 years. But I understand that you want Olympics in USA. Canada sucks at hockey if not NA!!

I mean USA don't deserve Olympics every 20 years...

I mean USA don't deserve Olympics every 20 years...

Last 10 year at the IIHF championship Canada has won three times, Sweden once and you know who they beat twice in the gold medal games? You sucky Swedish team.

Back to the 10,000 where would the people stay? surely they wouldn't build that many hotels for such a small town.

Latest game was 9 years ago when Sweden lost to Belarus :lol: and Canada beat Belarus in the same tournament 7-1. I don't mind a Swedish games don't you understand English, just not in Are.

Last 10 year at the IIHF championship Canada has won three times, Sweden once and you know who they beat twice in the gold medal games? You sucky Swedish team.

Back to the 10,000 where would the people stay? surely they wouldn't build that many hotels for such a small town.

Latest game was 9 years ago when Sweden lost to Belarus :lol: and Canada beat Belarus in the same tournament 7-1. I don't mind a Swedish games don't you understand English, just not in Are.

Excuse me???????????? 10,000??? Well only Åre has 33,000 beds... and that before any upgrades!!! Also so you are saying USA, Germany Switzerland do need all new arenas, hotels ect after the Olympics? I mean if they need them so much why don't they build them already now??

Well Canada lost to Switzerland 0-2 in Olympics 2006. Sweden beat them 6-2 in QF. So your point is.... So yes Sweden had a bad day and probably underrate Belarus. But the fact your A-team couldn't beat Sweden's A-team.

Excuse me???????????? 10,000??? Well only Åre has 33,000 beds... and that before any upgrades!!! Also so you are saying USA, Germany Switzerland do need all new arenas, hotels ect after the Olympics? I mean if they need them so much why don't they build them already now??

Well Canada lost to Switzerland 0-2 in Olympics 2006. Sweden beat them 6-2 in QF. So your point is.... So yes Sweden had a bad day and probably underrate Belarus. But the fact your A-team couldn't beat Sweden's A-team.

You ignored the world championships :lol:

Oh really 33,000 beds? in a 10,000 populated town? source please. How far are mountains from Stockholm?

Go Sweden!

There's so many reasons why I'd support a Swedish Games.

1) Ostersund is as "safe" a bid as you can get while still giving the WOGs a chance to return to a small mountain town with rustic charm, something I think the WOGs could benefit from. It's such a feel-good story when the citizens of Lillehammer, Nagano, Sochi and Pyeongchang (and Annecy, Sion, Ostersund) suddenly find themselves centre stage in the world, something that could not or should not happen with the SOGs.

2) Maybe no one "deserves" the Games. But if there are places deserving after waiting their turn, Sweden is up there.

3) A more selfish reason as a hockey fan- Sweden is a hockey country and I want the NHL to be happy about going to the WOGs. (Of course, the US would be better for this)

4) Swedes are fun and sexy.

That said, I prefer Reno-Tahoe for 2022.

Oh really 33,000 beds? in a 10,000 populated town? source please. How far are mountains from Stockholm?

Why not? It's a holiday vacation town. Of course they'd have more beds for their bread and butter industry and visitors compared to the service staff who live there all year round.

Why not? It's a holiday vacation town. Of course they'd have more beds for their bread and butter industry and visitors compared to the service staff who live there all year round.

Thank you!! People are forgetting that Åre is Scandinavia's biggest ski resort... All people who lives in Åre and probably many in Östersund too works with the tourism in Åre!!!!!Why is that so hard to understand for some people?

Until 1998 Canada never sent their top players to the Olympic tournament because we couldn't. And will likely not be able to now, because I doubt the NHL is going to stop their season for games in Russia and Korea.

I think the NHL WILL go to Russia and Korea. Much has been made how the NHL doesn't benefit when they go to the Olympics, but the Olympics is still a huge deal for Europeans, and they make up a huge portion of the NHL. Players like Ovechkin, Malkin and Kovalchuk have already said that they will play for Russia whether the NHL decides to go or not, and I find it hard to believe the IIHF would ever stop them. Once the NHLers realize the Russian stars will play in 2014 regardless of what Buttman says, the Swedes, Finns and Czechs will follow suit, and, much to the disappointment of Don Cherry, so will the Canadians and Americans eventually.

That might leave a sour taste in the mouth of the NHL for 2018, but by then almost all NHLers will be of an age where they grew up watching their heroes in the Olympics, and will continue to play in the Olympics regardless what the NHL says. And by then we'll even know where 2022 is held, and it could very well be the US or some very attractive places in Europe. Sweden is a hockey country, Switzerland is the home of Fasel and Germany is a massive market not to be ignored. Any one of those will make negotiations with the IIHF lean towards pro-NHL in the Olympics.

If Buttman is smart, he is just holding the Olympics hostage as a bargaining chip for the next CBA. If he decides to go further, hell will break loose in the hockey world.

Go Sweden!

There's so many reasons why I'd support a Swedish Games.

1) Ostersund is as "safe" a bid as you can get while still giving the WOGs a chance to return to a small mountain town with rustic charm, something I think the WOGs could benefit from. It's such a feel-good story when the citizens of Lillehammer, Nagano, Sochi and Pyeongchang (and Annecy, Sion, Ostersund) suddenly find themselves centre stage in the world, something that could not or should not happen with the SOGs.

2) Maybe no one "deserves" the Games. But if there are places deserving after waiting their turn, Sweden is up there.

3) A more selfish reason as a hockey fan- Sweden is a hockey country and I want the NHL to be happy about going to the WOGs. (Of course, the US would be better for this)

4) Swedes are fun and sexy.

That said, I prefer Reno-Tahoe for 2022.

Thank you!! And it's number 3 which confuse me most! Why are some canadians against Sweden? Shouldn't hockey be a big reason to why Canadians should support Sweden? Rather than Germany or Switzerland. Which game would be most popular? Canada against the host Switzerland or Canada against the host Sweden, especially if NHL players participates?

Which town has 10,000?

Thank you!! And it's number 3 which confuse me most! Why are some canadians against Sweden? Shouldn't hockey be a big reason to why Canadians should support Sweden? Rather than Germany or Switzerland. Which game would be most popular? Canada against the host Switzerland or Canada against the host Sweden, especially if NHL players participates?

I guess some people are worried about the size of Are/Ostersund (which is a legitimate concern). But in my opinion, it's not something that can't be overcome, nor do I see it as something that will break Sweden. They just need to play it to their advantage.

But yes, I would think that hockey fans would support Sweden (especially Torontonians! We all appreciate what Salming and Sundin did for our city ;) ).

I guess some people are worried about the size of Are/Ostersund (which is a legitimate concern). But in my opinion, it's not something that can't be overcome, nor do I see it as something that will break Sweden. They just need to play it to their advantage.

But yes, I would think that hockey fans would support Sweden (especially Torontonians! We all appreciate what Salming and Sundin did for our city ;) ).

I agree with completely!!

Also the SOC president said Sweden is too small to host SOG. Yes he think even Stockholm is too small for SOG. But he seriously consider to bid for 2022 WOG. This means he think Östersund/Åre can bid for WOG despite their population. I believe him more than the Sweden haters in here. Why should he pay money on a bid he don't think can win?