Winter 2022

If population is that important then why haven't IOC limit for that?

Also the SOC president said Sweden is too small to host the summer games but he seriously consider to bid for WOG 2022. Why that if he think Östersund/Åre is too small? He probably knows more about that than YOU!He's the president of SOC!! He don't spend alot of money on a bid if he don't think it can win.

Enough with your stupid propaganda against the Östersund and other smaller cities.

If anything, a German, Swiss bid should host before a Östersund bid Sweden is mid power in winter sports which means Sweden likely will not get the chance till the early 2040's

If anything, a German, Swiss bid should host before a Östersund bid Sweden is mid power in winter sports which means Sweden likely will not get the chance till the early 2040's

How is Swiss more a winterpower than Sweden?? Look at the two latest WOG's. Did Swiss dominate Sweden or something?

And if that is so important then why haven't Germany and Swiss won yet???

I don't think the a Norway bid should get that much support from the people.

Many Norweigans think they should spend the money on health, schools ect. When Tromsö make bid to 2018 many people was aganinst it. And many Norweigans actually wanted to see a bid from Östersund/åre. It's close to Norway but still they don't have to pay for it.

How is Swiss more a winterpower than Sweden?? Look at the two latest WOG's. Did Swiss dominate Sweden or something?

And if that is so important then why haven't Germany and Swiss won yet???

I don't think the a Norway bid should get that much support from the people.

Many Norweigans think they should spend the money on health, schools ect. When Tromsö make bid to 2018 many people was aganinst it. And many Norweigans actually wanted to see a bid from Östersund/åre. It's close to Norway but still they don't have to pay for it.

Sweden won 0 golds in 2002 but did win in 2006 and 2010 but Switzerland has constantly winning medals at a high rate an competes in almost every sport.

Well Europe can't host every winter Olympic games so thats probably why they haven't won yet.

I said nothing about Europe.

Is there another option besides Are/Ostersund?

Sweden won 0 golds in 2002 but did win in 2006 and 2010 but Switzerland has constantly winning medals at a high rate an competes in almost every sport.

Well Europe can't host every winter Olympic games so thats probably why they haven't won yet.

I said nothing about Europe.

Is there another option besides Are/Ostersund?

No, sweden didn't won any medals in 2002 but we had 7 medals and that's four less than Swiss 11 medals. Sorry but I don't see how Sweden is a middle class winter nation and Swiss isn't. also that Swiss competes in almost every sport don't mean anything. That don't mean they are better than Sweden. Look at icehockey. Can you say Swiss is better than Sweden? Or curling, especally women?? Actually Sweden is better since we won against Swiss the 2006 and 2010 medals table. Why don't they win more medals if they competes in almost every event?

No, there's no other option than Åre/Östersund. They tried Falun and Gothenburg but they are too far away fromÅre to be succesful.

B)

No, sweden didn't won any medals in 2002 but we had 7 medals and that's four less than Swiss 11 medals. Sorry but I don't see how Sweden is a middle class winter nation and Swiss isn't. also that Swiss competes in almost every sport don't mean anything. That don't mean they are better than Sweden. Look at icehockey. Can you say Swiss is better than Sweden? Or curling, especally women?? Actually Sweden is better since we won against Swiss the 2006 and 2010 medals table. Why don't they win more medals if they competes in almost every event?

No, there's no other option than Åre/Östersund. They tried Falun and Gothenburg but they are too far away fromÅre to be succesful.

In the sense the IOC has 4 very powerful Swiss members and I meant is there any other cities that could bid besides Are.

B)

In the sense the IOC has 4 very powerful Swiss members and I meant is there any other cities that could bid besides Are.

Which members are you talking about. Still it's not only 4 members who shall vote. It's over 100.

Which members are you talking about. Still it's not only 4 members who shall vote. It's over 100.

Actually five, have you heard of Sepp Blater head of FIFA, Rene Fasel head of IIHF, Patrick Baumann head of FIBA, Denis Oswald head of FISA (rowing) and Gian-Franco Kasper thats a lot of influence

Actually five, have you heard of Sepp Blater head of FIFA, Rene Fasel head of IIHF, Patrick Baumann head of FIBA, Denis Oswald head of FISA (rowing) and Gian-Franco Kasper thats a lot of influence

PLUS a number of people on the IOC's administrative staff (I think that Kepper guy who ran the recent 2018 election is one) are Swiss.

As are the Pope's personal security guards. ;)

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Why didn't won the bid for 2014 if the Swiss members are that powerful? Maybe because it's over 100 members who shall vote.

Yes Rene Fasel is Swiss. but he's the head of IIHF. So do he want a Olympics in his home country or do he want a WOG in the HOCKEY power Sweden?? Icehockey would be more successful in Sweden than in the Switzerland. As IIHF head I'm pretty sure he prefer Sweden if we have a good bid.

I would say Gunilla Lindberg is more powerful than all tose guys you are talking about. She's a former vice-pesident of IOC. Now she's member of The IOC Executive Board. Her job is IOC. Not as the other guys are heads of other federations.

But I understand that you Canadians don't want Sweden 2022.

Sochi 2014 and Östersund/Åre 2022 are too much right? You can't win Icehockey olympic gold outside NA. And it's scare you so much that the other hockeypowers host it.

:P

But I understand that you Canadians don't want Sweden 2022.

Sochi 2014 and Östersund/Åre 2022 are too much right? You can't win Icehockey olympic gold outside NA. And it's scare you so much that the other hockeypowers host it.

:P

Why would it scare us? Canada's b team could easily beat Sweden's A team any day, actually I wouldn't mind a Sweden 2022 bid (only reason I wouldn't want it is because of time) but for snobs like you make me wish any other country would host it.

Need I also remind you there is a women;s hockey tournament in which Canada has destroyed Sweden many times :D

Why would it scare us? Canada's b team could easily beat Sweden's A team any day, actually I wouldn't mind a Sweden 2022 bid (only reason I wouldn't want it is because of time) but for snobs like you make me wish any other country would host it.

Need I also remind you there is a women;s hockey tournament in which Canada has destroyed Sweden many times :D

Canada's b-team could beat Sweden's a team any day?? Really?? Canada's A team flop 2006 on European ice. Sweden's A- team won. But ha really think canada would have won if they had their B-tea`? Ha ha haha ha!

Who cares about women hockey?? It should been in olympics at all.

Also the gold 2002 was Canada's first in 50 years. And that happen on NA ice. They flopped 2006 in Europe and won 2010 in Canada. Don't seem that Canada is that dominating outside NA.

Well, maybe Sweden is more successful in Curling or Ice Hockey than Switzerland, but they would die for Curling and Ice Hockey. There would be not a much difference.

They should die for Curling or Icehockey??? Why that??

Also as I said icehockey would be more successful in Sweden than in Switzerland. Icehockey is Sweden's 2nd sport. I doubt it's the same in Switzerland.

Canada's b-team could beat Sweden's a team any day?? Really?? Canada's A team flop 2006 on European ice. Sweden's A- team won. But ha really think canada would have won if they had their B-tea`? Ha ha haha ha!

Who cares about women hockey?? It should been in olympics at all.

Also the gold 2002 was Canada's first in 50 years. And that happen on NA ice. They flopped 2006 in Europe and won 2010 in Canada. Don't seem that Canada is that dominating outside NA.

They should die for Curling or Icehockey??? Why that??

Also as I said icehockey would be more successful in Sweden than in Switzerland. Icehockey is Sweden's 2nd sport. I doubt it's the same in Switzerland.

Its a possibility about Switzerland. Women's hockey yea shouldn't be on the program but it is and Canada beat Sweden 13-0 14-1 :lol: Canada's B team could possibly beat Sweden's A team trust me.

Its a possibility about Switzerland. Women's hockey yea shouldn't be on the program but it is and Canada beat Sweden 13-0 14-1 :lol: Canada's B team could possibly beat Sweden's A team trust me.

Really so the team who couldn't get past the QF in the Olympics 2006 could beat the Olympic champions 2006 with a WORSER team?? LOOOOOOL!?? WCH 2006 Canada couldn't even beat Sweden and that wasn't Sweden A-team.

Also in WCH 2010 Sweden had one of our youngest teams ever. But Still we beat Canada 3-1. But you honestly think Canada should have beat Sweden if we had our A-team LOOOOOOOL!!!

2011, there's a reason to why Sweden is the silver medallist and not Canada. You say Canada's B-team should beat Sweden's a-team but the fact is that you can't even beat Sweden's B or C teams.... Sweden's WCH 2010 team was clearly a C or D team but still we won against Canada pretty easily.

You Americans and Canadians are so damn arrogant. That's why I don't want to see any olympics in NA in a long time!!!!

Really so the team who couldn't get past the QF in the Olympics 2006 could beat the Olympic champions 2006 with a WORSER team?? LOOOOOOL!?? WCH 2006 Canada couldn't even beat Sweden and that wasn't Sweden A-team.

Also in WCH 2010 Sweden had one of our youngest teams ever. But Still we beat Canada 3-1. But you honestly think Canada should have beat Sweden if we had our A-team LOOOOOOOL!!!

2011, there's a reason to why Sweden is the silver medallist and not Canada. You say Canada's B-team should beat Sweden's a-team but the fact is that you can't even beat Sweden's B or C teams.... Sweden's WCH 2010 team was clearly a C or D team but still we won against Canada pretty easily.

You Americans and Canadians are so damn arrogant. That's why I don't want to see any olympics in NA in a long time!!!!

Please stop talking about hockey if you can't discuss both sides. Canada had one returning player on the roster for the 2010 WCH which is a tournament Canada could care less about (hence why the tournament is in Europe every year). Canada's three goalies for this year's world championships would not even make the D team :lol: hence why I am saying Canada B could beat a Sweden A team (which had washed up players like Forsberg). You keep going back to 2006 that was five years ago! :lol: when the wrong decisions were made (crosby was not picked for the team)

Players who did not make the 2010 team:

Martin St. Louis

Vincent Lecavalier

Steven Stamkos - Most goals in the NHL last year

Brad Richards

Ryan Smyth

Shane Doan

Jordan Staal

Patrick Sharp

Jeff Carter

Jason Spezza

Paul Kariya

Marc Savard

Cam Ward

Dion Phaneuf

Mike Greene

Steven Robidas

Jay Boumeester

Ed Jovanovski

I am not saying its going to happen every time, but it is possible for Canada's b team to beat Sweden's A team (especially when the Europeans play on wider ice which is really stupid if you ask me). Can Sweden match that amount of players from the NHL? the answer IS A NOOOO.

Also, to think of it ARE has 10,000 ppl who in their right mind would put the WOG there. Rather see it in better more famous European countries not in the middle of no where.

I don't usually respond to Pillan because it is just inane but....

1) In 2006 the team picked should not have been there, Gretzky screwed up big-time in picking slow, immobile players that should not have been considered for the tournament.

2) 2002 was played on European style ice, both finalist were from North America

3) 2010 was the first time North American ice was used

4) Canada boycotted the 1972 and 1976 tournaments over the IOC's unfair regulations that allowed Czechoslovakia and the USSR to send their professional players, while not allowing Canada to send theres. This was the case from 1956 until 1998. Until 1998 Canada never sent their top players to the Olympic tournament because we couldn't. And will likely not be able to now, because I doubt the NHL is going to stop their season for games in Russia and Korea.

5) The above point is also true for the World Championships. Canada has never sent its top players to that tournament. If you knew anything about hockey you would now that. In 2010 and 2011 only 2 players (Corey Perry and Rick Nash) played for both the World Championship and Olympic team.

Faster, illuminate me on the difference between "European-style" ice and "North American" ice. Did they import Evian water in 2002 and then froze that? And they just used Vanocuver Municipal water for 2010? :blink:

Can it ever be the reverse - 'North American-style' ice used in a Euro WOGs?

Is there an "Asian-style" ice?

I find this subject intriguing. elucidate, please.

Faster, illuminate me on the difference between "European-style" ice and "North American" ice. Did they import Evian water in 2002 and then froze that? And they just used Vanocuver Municipal water for 2010? :blink:

Can it ever be the reverse - 'North American-style' ice used in a Euro WOGs?

Is there an "Asian-style" ice?

I find this subject intriguing. elucidate, please.

North American ice is 25.9m by 60.96m, while European ice is 30m by 61m.

I don't usually respond to Pillan because it is just inane but....

1) In 2006 the team picked should not have been there, Gretzky screwed up big-time in picking slow, immobile players that should not have been considered for the tournament.

4) Canada boycotted the 1972 and 1976 tournaments over the IOC's unfair regulations that allowed Czechoslovakia and the USSR to send their professional players, while not allowing Canada to send theres. This was the case from 1956 until 1998. Until 1998 Canada never sent their top players to the Olympic tournament because we couldn't. And will likely not be able to now, because I doubt the NHL is going to stop their season for games in Russia and Korea.

5) The above point is also true for the World Championships. Canada has never sent its top players to that tournament. If you knew anything about hockey you would now that. In 2010 and 2011 only 2 players (Corey Perry and Rick Nash) played for both the World Championship and Olympic team.

Thank you!