Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veecko

2022 Winter Olympics dates

Hi.

Due to the extreme weather in summer in Qatar the FIFA has the idea to celebrate the 22 FIFA World Cup during the month of January to Febraury 2022 for protect to players, fans and all the visitors during the event and because the weather is mild. If FIFA will take this decision all the 2022 Winter Olympics candidate I guess would programe the celebration of the 24 edition of the games in dates that don´t coincide with the FIFA World Cup because all the past winter games celebrated in the months of January and Febraury.

Hi.

Due to the extreme weather in summer in Qatar the FIFA has the idea to celebrate the 22 FIFA World Cup during the month of January to Febraury 2022 for protect to players, fans and all the visitors during the event and because the weather is mild. If FIFA will take this decision all the 2022 Winter Olympics candidate I guess would programe the celebration of the 24 edition of the games in dates that don´t coincide with the FIFA World Cup because all the past winter games celebrated in the months of January and Febraury.

You're probably right, IF the 202 WC goes to Qatari winter. But the last I'd read was that Qatar are insisting they will stick by the summer dates proposed in their bid, and the various FAs are totally opposed to having the WC in the middle of their traditional seasons.

!?

They could think to organize the World Cup a few weeks before starting in the beginning of May (so National Federation would have to shorten their championship a little bit... a thing more easier to do than to have to stop it a couple of month in the middle of the season !), but i thing the biggest problem will be with broadcaster... that would prefere to get this sport event in the actual dates !!!

FIFA selected Qatar's bid. If they now admit they didn't look at the bid closely enough when they chose it and want to change the dates, tough. The Winter Olympics will happen when they happen, UEFA shouldn't move the Champions League Final, the Premier League and the FA can make things very awkward by insisting all English fixtures conform to the normal calendar (and they should be as stubborn as they can be).

FIFA's incometence and grubbiness should not have to affect competitions run by organisations whose competence outshines Blatter's crew.

Qatar would never have survived a proper IOC style evaluation process.

FIFA selected Qatar's bid. If they now admit they didn't look at the bid closely enough when they chose it and want to change the dates, tough. The Winter Olympics will happen when they happen, UEFA shouldn't move the Champions League Final, the Premier League and the FA can make things very awkward by insisting all English fixtures conform to the normal calendar (and they should be as stubborn as they can be).

FIFA's incometence and grubbiness should not have to affect competitions run by organisations whose competence outshines Blatter's crew.

That's where I took issue to Qatar's bid. Part of their bid was the promise that they'd be able to handle the weather in June and July in Qatar. I think it took them no more than a month to look into an alternative, either because Qatar can't deliver as advertised or they simply don't want to. Unless they manage to hold the World Cup in its usual timeframe, someone is going to get screwed. Could be the IOC, could be UEFA, or it could be everyone. I hope this is a disaster for FIFA, they deserve whatever backlash and money loss they have coming. I suppose at least it's a good thing for them that the United States could probably step in on a moment's notice and host if needed.

Qatar would never have survived a proper IOC style evaluation process.

lol I know right...FIFA has a lot to learn from a group as corrupt as the IOC.