Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Westfale

OlympiJA versus NOlympia

mhh - I hoped for more but I think close under 60% isn't bad resp. 10 more percentages points isn't bad for a democracy...

Not for a democracy. But for an Olympic bid where it already raises eyebrows when a bid has less than 70 % support among the bid region's population.

For a democratie is a good result ! But it isn't a surprise, Garmish is a olympic village already, and people know is good for them to host WoG.

Next step evaluation

Not for a democracy. But for an Olympic bid where it already raises eyebrows when a bid has less than 70 % support among the bid region's population.

well, Vancouver voted with 64% for Olympic Winter Games before it was selected...

well, Vancouver voted with 64% for Olympic Winter Games before it was selected...

But Vancouver is a big city. It can cope with a project like the Olympics much better. Garmisch is quite small and the Games would have a huge impact on the town. You cant expect a win by the supporters with a large margin.

But Vancouver is a big city. It can cope with a project like the Olympics much better. Garmisch is quite small and the Games would have a huge impact on the town. You cant expect a win by the supporters with a large margin.

Vancouver 2010 residents vote:

Electorate nearly 300,000 people.

Voted nearly 150,000 people.

64% favor.

Garmisch 2018 residents vote:

Electorate nearly 20,000 people.

Voted nearly 12,000 people.

55% favor.

Well, only 12,000 people can't decide the fate of the Munich 2018. :rolleyes:

Garmisch's environmental and financial problem is not serious. (According to my research.)

Moreover Garmisch have already alpine course.

I don't agree with their opposition reason.

Well, it's just good it's all over now. Yeah, the split could have ben a bit more decisive, and it would have helped if the issue was settled long ago, but approval's approval, so now I hope the Munich team can put their heads down and concentrate on trying seize the momentum in the home stretch now. And if anybody has the charisma to help them do that, I think Katerina's the one.

Thunder thighs-Big Butt Katerina vs. the slim, graceful Yuna Kim. Quite a fight!!

Yu-na Kim is good.

but I think She's moving passively.

that rely solely on script provided by the bid committee.

She doesn't have enough impact.

Katarina Witt has the power to draw people.

It's the last card in Munich.

But in the Vancouver vote, Whistler did not vote. Only residents of the City of Vancouver (and that does not include suburbs like Burnaby, West Vancouver and Richmond - all of which had or would have a stake in the Olympics).

Thunder thighs-Big Butt Katerina vs. the slim, graceful Yuna Kim. Quite a fight!!

I have read an article in a German newspaper that the duel between the two Ladies was planned at SportAccord in London three weeks ago. But because of the postponed World Championships in Figure Skating Yuna Kim was not able to travel to London.

The commentator wrote that it would probably be an advantage for Witt since her English skills are a lot better.

If I am not mistaken, when bids for the Olympics go to the public for a vote, the mostly lose. Or is that just Switzerland? I remember when Vancouver's bid got public backing in 2003, it was considered the first time in history.

If I am not mistaken, when bids for the Olympics go to the public for a vote, the mostly lose. Or is that just Switzerland? I remember when Vancouver's bid got public backing in 2003, it was considered the first time in history.

Sion 2002 and 2006 went through a vote too and won them.

I have read an article in a German newspaper that the duel between the two Ladies was planned at SportAccord in London three weeks ago. But because of the postponed World Championships in Figure Skating Yuna Kim was not able to travel to London.

The commentator wrote that it would probably be an advantage for Witt since her English skills are a lot better.

Germans are naturally better English speakers than Koreans are, that's just a fact of life due to English and German both being Germanic languages. Though Yuna's English is actually pretty good for a Korean. Outside of Theresa Rah, Yuna probably speaks better English than anyone else on the PC bid team.