May 6, 2011 - Expo 86 25th Anniversary

Science World in Vancouver is putting on an Expo 86 25th Anniversary "Look Back" party on May 6 for any of you that are interested:

http://www.scienceworld.ca/swad

Party like it’s 1986 with:

◦Live cover band Crucial Taunt playing 80s tunes

◦Films made just for Expo ‘86

◦Limited edition Expo ’86 inspired screen prints (BYO-T-Shirt!)

◦Archival footage of Expo ’86, specially curated by the Vancouver Archives

◦A photobooth

◦Expo ’86 inspired artwork by Jeremy Shaw

◦A special evening showing of HUBBLE in the OMNIMAX Theatre (Showing at 8pm)

Date: May 6, 2011

Time: 7pm-10:30 pm

Hard to believe it has been 25 years. :o

Science World in Vancouver is putting on an Expo 86 25th Anniversary "Look Back" party on May 6 for any of you that are interested:

http://www.scienceworld.ca/swad

Hard to believe it has been 25 years. :o

I was there! Went with my family, stayed in the Pan Pacific Hotel which was brand new. Loved the 3-D movie in the Canada Pavillion, as well as the Circle Vision movie Disney produced for, IIRC, the Quebec Pavillion, and then there was another rotating theatre where you saw one movie and then the whole seating area pivoted around, to, I think, a second movie screen. Also remember riding the giant swinging space shuttle, the roller coaster and the Caribou log chutes.

I was there! Went with my family, stayed in the Pan Pacific Hotel which was brand new. Loved the 3-D movie in the Canada Pavillion, as well as the Circle Vision movie Disney produced for, IIRC, the Quebec Pavillion, and then there was another rotating theatre where you saw one movie and then the whole seating area pivoted around, to, I think, a second movie screen. Also remember riding the giant swinging space shuttle, the roller coaster and the Caribou log chutes.

Didn't know Disney produced a CircleVision film for Expo 86. Did it move down to EPCOT afterwards? I don't remember what's in the Canadian pavilion at EPCOT anymore. I know there is/was a stunning CircleVision film in the China pavilion.

The rotating theatre? That might've been the remains of the GE Carousel of Progress formerly at Disneyland. Did they move it to Expo 86??

Anybody remember the "Spirit Lodge" show at the GM Pavilion? It is now at Knott's Berry Farm and known as "Mystery Lodge".

Anyone happen to go to Science World on friday for the Expo 86 "Look Back" party?

• 3 weeks later...

I definately interested in this. Can you send me pictures and photos, please? I would like to know more about the 25th anniversary. What's like at the spirit lodge at the GM Pavillion?