Guess the 1st round 2018 votes in Durban!

have you gone coo-koo as well, Korea will put together great games,

A new market? :D With tiny ski resort... Pathetic, how Korea would like to become an important with small ski resort? With only 6 slopes in the largest ski resort... Are you serious when you would like to become an important winter country?

Even the smallest ski resort in Alps are bigger than PC ski resort... Stop korea bid, isn't good for business

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's actually one of the other articles (from the same newspaper) that talks about Hankyoreh's obsession with South Korea-North Korea reunification. Link has been provided.

This current article that "nature" is trying to show... also has criticism from readers' comments. Check it out, if your computer allows.

Fact : Development of Jungbong is illegal. Many rare plants and trees are living. But, will change the law to force for the bid.

I'm not interested in politics.

A new market? :D With tiny ski resort... Pathetic, how Korea would like to become an important with small ski resort? With only 6 slopes in the largest ski resort... Are you serious when you would like to become an important winter country?

Even the smallest ski resort in Alps are bigger than PC ski resort... Stop korea bid, isn't good for business

And you, Mr. Alps-only-Alps-everywhere-else-sucks,

Annecy has no support. Your own people don't even want the Games. Every day Gamesbids puts up a new article on how the French don't even want the Olympics. And no one wants to go back to France a 4th time. So good luck to you too.

Fact : Development of Jungbong is illegal. Many rare plants and trees are living. But, will change the law to force for the bid.

I'm not interested in politics.

nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!! nUture is a serial liar!!

And you, Mr. Alps-only-Alps-everywhere-else-sucks,

Annecy has no support. Your own people don't even want the Games. Every day Gamesbids puts up a new article on how the French don't even want the Olympics. And no one wants to go back to France a 4th time. So good luck to you too.

Baron, please, your post is stupid, you are a troller !!! :angry:

The latest official pole is 67% in favor in Annecy more than 90% in France. Maybe some people are against Annecy bid but when we have a sport event in France we have full stadium each time. In PC you have 97% in favor but you have nobody in your stadium... Very strange, maybe Korea isn't a democraty... How would you like to have supporter in your stadium if actually nobody want to see winter sport in you country?

Gamesbids puts up false news about Annecy...

But I have a question : How would like develop winter industry in your country with small resorts and without possibility to develop your potential??? Where is the new market? You have only some ski resorts and the only market you can have it's a national market. Who come from in Korea to practice winter sport except Korean?

But I have a question : How would like develop winter industry in your country with small resorts and without possibility to develop your potential??? Where is the new market? You have only some ski resorts and the only market you can have it's a national market. Who come from in Korea to practice winter sport except Korean?

Oklahoma, I had a dream last night: mon arrière-grand-père, le Baron, appeared to me and said...Allons le Coréen!!

Question: how did France develop its ski industry? So when God created the world, Chamonix, Val d'Isere, etc., etc., were created OVERNIGHT? WOW!! I know mon arrière-grand-père, was French...but I didn't God was also French...or was he Swiss? :lol:

Do YOU REALIZE HOW ARROGANT & at the same time IGNORANT your question is, Oklahoma??

Pyeongchang public support has nothing to do with the winter sports. It's just nationalism. Whatever, desire for victory. It is a long custom of Korean. 2009 Biathlon and Snowboad World Championships in Pyeongchang. There was no admission fee for Korean. Nevertheless, the spectators almost did not come. Probably, it was the worst events in the history of skiing. Pyeongchang bid committee say that promise full-stadia in 2018 But, do not trust anyone. It's a pact with Pyeongchang is not good for athletes. IOC should not waste precious opportunities. PC 2018 is not good. Winter sports loving country has not yet host for 80 years.

Pyeongchang public support has nothing to do with the winter sports. It's just nationalism. Whatever, desire for victory. It is a long custom of Korean. 2009 Biathlon and Snowboad World Championships in Pyeongchang. There was no admission fee for Korean. Nevertheless, the spectators almost did not come. Probably, it was the worst events in the history of skiing. Pyeongchang bid committee say that promise full-stadia in 2018 But, do not trust anyone. It's a pact with Pyeongchang is not good for athletes. IOC should not waste precious opportunities. PC 2018 is not good. Winter sports loving country has not yet host for 80 years.

LIES!!

Gangwon: Since you are the only one talking sense in here I will respond.

I do a complete breakdown of who I think is going to vote for whom every time, but it is not always that easy. If you notice, the Russians and Italians are all voting Pyeongchang in that list as well. I do not necessarily think all Russians and Italians will vote for Pyeonchang, as I do not think all Swiss will vote Munich. But the criteria I use to determin who goes where says they will. So in the end it balances out.

There are a few things we know for sure about the voting. Pyeongchang's votes will primarily come from non-Winter countries. As their previous two bids were heavily supported by Africa, Asia and Latin America. European votes and IOC members heavily involved in the organization are much more likely to vote for Munich. There is exceptions in both cases, the Spaniards, Italians and Russians are likely to support Pyeongchang, while the Chinese and Japanese are more likely to support Munich. Both out of self-interest and their own Olympic ambitions.

And the results do speak to how I think things will go, as I hear more and more.

I do a complete breakdown of who I think is going to vote for whom every time, but it is not always that easy. If you notice, the Russians and Italians are all voting Pyeongchang in that list as well. I do not necessarily think all Russians and Italians will vote for Pyeonchang, as I do not think all Swiss will vote Munich. But the criteria I use to determin who goes where says they will. So in the end it balances out.

There are a few things we know for sure about the voting. Pyeongchang's votes will primarily come from non-Winter countries. As their previous two bids were heavily supported by Africa, Asia and Latin America. European votes and IOC members heavily involved in the organization are much more likely to vote for Munich. There is exceptions in both cases, the Spaniards, Italians and Russians are likely to support Pyeongchang, while the Chinese and Japanese are more likely to support Munich. Both out of self-interest and their own Olympic ambitions.

And the results do speak to how I think things will go, as I hear more and more.

Don't know about the individual names, but the numbers sound about right from the what I'm hearing as well.

Dr. Jacques Rogge confirmed that the IOC had no written or unwritten rule regarding a rotation policy with the five continents to host the Games.

Currently the upcoming editions are in New place with the Sochi 2014 winter Games and the Rio 2016 summer Games.

Why not more for Annecy?

Switzerland is part of the bid (Airport + accomodation)

Socchi is twined with Chamonix and Killy works hard with them

Some countries may vote to kill Paris in 2020 (Italy, Spain, Turkey, Japan, Estern Europe, Africa?, North America?....)

And overall, the bid is quite attractive!

1. Socchi is twined with Chamonix and Killy works hard with them

2. Some countries may vote to kill Paris in 2020 (Italy, Spain, Turkey, Japan, Estern Europe, Africa?, North America?....)

1. Killy CANNOT vote until Annency is eliminated.

2. But if Paris isn't running, so what's there to kill? :blink:

^That's just their desperate attempt at grasping at straws in favor for Annecy, Baron. Even if Paris were to bid for 2020, there surely would be more voting members IN favor of a Paris bid, versus the members from the countries with their own Olympic ambitions, which would only be a handful anyway. Still far from enough to push Annecy anywhere, let alone the finish line.

^That's just their desperate attempt at grasping at straws in favor for Annecy, Baron. Even if Paris were to bid for 2020, there surely would be more voting members IN favor of a Paris bid, versus the members from the countries with their own Olympic ambitions, which would only be a handful anyway. Still far from enough to push Annecy anywhere, let alone the finish line.

My secret hope is an african bid for 2020....That could make many african votes for Annecy, just to kill Paris 2020.

Again, Paris hasn't even made a peep about a 2020 bid (and your compatriot little boy, Tulsa is adament about NO 2020 Paris bid). And South Africa's government has pretty firmed up that they're not bidding. So, like the USOC, I can't see them changing their staunch decisions overnight.

Yes, but he can convince the russians to vote for Annecy...

Unless they're very close, I don't think IOC members necessarily weigh upon their equals to vote in favor of this city or that. It can be very tricky because you may end up rubbing your colleague the wrong way; and s/he may end up voting for your rival just in a tiff. It's left to the various bid committees to woo the various IOC voters.

Again, Paris hasn't even made a peep about a 2020 bid (and your compatriot little boy, Tulsa is adament about NO 2020 Paris bid). And South Africa's government has pretty firmed up that they're not bidding. So, like the USOC, I can't see them changing their staunch decisions overnight.

GBMod explained that the 2 main reasons for Annecy low bid index were a possible future Paris bid and the low budget.

For the Paris bid, he explained that it doesn't matter if it is true or false. What is important is that people think they might bid.

He thinks it's not good for Annecy (like you). On the contrary, I think some countrie may be afraid of a Paris bid and vote for Annecy...

He thinks it's not good for Annecy (like you). On the contrary, I think some countrie may be afraid of a Paris bid and vote for Annecy...

Yet again though, those 'some' countries that might be afraid of a Paris bid are in the far 'minority' in contrast to the number of the members from countries that are not going to have any Olympic ambitions of their own.

So even in the argument that you're representing, the members of these non-Olympic ambition countries would surely hold off from an Annecy bid in favor of even a "hypothetical" Paris bid. Surely those members would be far more wooed & wowed with Paris than they would by Annecy.

Yet again though, those 'some' countries that might be afraid of a Paris bid are in the far 'minority' in contrast to the number of the members from countries that are not going to have any Olympic ambitions of their own.

So even in the argument that you're representing, the members of these non-Olympic ambition countries would surely hold off from an Annecy bid in favor of even a "hypothetical" Paris bid. Surely those members would be far more wooed & wowed with Paris than they would by Annecy.

Yeah, all of these "points" - future ambitions, technical excellence, cultural blocs, rotation, second preferences etc - are probably right in that they'll account for a few votes, but by themselves none are usually not enough to swing a bid on their own. It's the aglomeration of all the issues we talk about that all add up to the final formula - and lead us to try and work out the arcane maths based on our experience, knowledge, preferences and hunches.

If it's Annecy VS Munich, Annecy will win, Annecy concept is more original, Munich is to similar with Turin or Vancouver.

So basically, what you're saying is a spread out bid in the region is more better than a compact simpler one where the Ice events are in the city, and snow events are in the nearby mountains?

Archived