Guess the 1st round 2018 votes in Durban!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apple's 2010 revenue was 65.3 BILLION dollars (or more then 3 times Acer's revenue), a TOP sponsorship runs around 200 MILLION. The sport for computers (like the one for logistics) changes often and it has been mentioned on here before by a certain mysterious poster that Apple is interested in becoming a TOP sponsor.

Not to continue the off topic-ness, but Apple is unlikely to ever consider TOP sponsorship because the current category is for computers only. Apple would only go for a category that would include phones and tablets, two categories currently held by Samsung. Maybe after 2020, though.

Omega's and ATOS Origin are both Windows only platforms. Operationally Apple computers are a non-starter. In terms of smartphones, it's Samsung or Blackberry-the latter only if a national telecom partner offers the option.

Omega's and ATOS Origin are both Windows only platforms. Operationally Apple computers are a non-starter. In terms of smartphones, it's Samsung or Blackberry-the latter only if a national telecom partner offers the option.

Atos works on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and a few others. The systems that Omega uses are also Mac compatible.

Atos works on Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and a few others. The systems that Omega uses are also Mac compatible.

Works on and runs on are different. There's also Exchange. Except for creative teams, OCOGs are Windows shops. What's your source?

Havelange likely to miss IOC session in SAfrica

SAO PAULO (AP) — Former FIFA President Joao Havelange is not expected to attend the International Olympic Committee session in South Africa next week.

As the IOC looks into corruption allegations against the committee's longest-serving member, his spokesman tells The Associated Press that it's "almost certain" that Havelange won't make the trip to Durban for the IOC meeting that will decide the host of the 2018 Winter Games.

Sergio Martins says the 95-year-old Havelange will stay in Brazil because a family member is scheduled to undergo surgery in the coming days. Martins did not elaborate.

The BBC reported that Havelange received a $1 million kickback in 1997 when he was FIFA president.

Havelange has denied any wrongdoing.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/2011-06-29-428766143_x.htm

Works on and runs on are different. There's also Exchange. Except for creative teams, OCOGs are Windows shops. What's your source?

A company I work with on a regular basis in an all-Mac Atos client. Trust me, it works.

I agree that Apple is a nonstarter, but the reason is the category definition, not the ability for their systems to be compatible.

I have just listened to a report about the Session in Durban on the radio. Bach said that he won´t lobby for Munich at wedding in Monte Carlo. The was also quote by Kasper, the FIS president, that he has already made his decision. The reporter assumed that he will vote for PC and that there will be clear winner in this race (PC).

I have just listened to a report about the Session in Durban on the radio. Bach said that he won´t lobby for Munich at wedding in Monte Carlo. The was also quote by Kasper, the FIS president, that he has already made his decision. The reporter assumed that he will vote for PC and that there will be clear winner in this race (PC).

Why did the reporter assume that about Kasper?

why wont bach lobby, and does kasper hold sway over ioc members

A company I work with on a regular basis in an all-Mac Atos client. Trust me, it works.

I agree that Apple is a nonstarter, but the reason is the category definition, not the ability for their systems to be compatible.

I worked at VANOC. :D

Worked in Workforce, in Games Time Training. Part of my job was to help with systems training for the volunteers, including the recruitment site that uses ATOS.

I know the folks who were using Mac were required to run Windows on them.

So Goethe's home hopes pessimism was close to the mark for once!

I would never hav predicted so overwhelming a landslide for PC in a pink fit. But do I get half marks for predicting PC in the other poll rom a few months ago?

Archived