Guess the 1st round 2018 votes in Durban!

Again, Paris hasn't even made a peep about a 2020 bid (and your compatriot little boy, Tulsa is adament about NO 2020 Paris bid). And South Africa's government has pretty firmed up that they're not bidding. So, like the USOC, I can't see them changing their staunch decisions overnight.

Paris will only bid if Annecy loses 2018 (which is very likely, though I'd like to think of the idea of sympathy votes, eliminating any Parisian bid and the whole compromise scenario etc). If Paris were to pull a last minute bid, then it'll probably turn out into one of those boring European bid fests much like the 2012 bid process.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So basically, what you're saying is a spread out bid in the region is more better than a compact simpler one where the Ice events are in the city, and snow events are in the nearby mountains?

:angry:

Have you looked at the bid????

Annecy'bid is not spread out!:angry:

It'scertainly one of the best bid I've ever seen...for sure much better than the last games in the Alps...

Let me post this here in case anyone missed it on the other thread:

The stupid slope argument of broken-record Tulsa:

1. The WHOLE WINTER Games are NOT centered on those ridiculous slopes! Those stupid slopes of yours make up only about 12% in the typical IOC members' mind and decision-making process!!

2. How many IOC members are downhill skiers? 3 or 4? And of those, we know that Killy CANNOT vote for Annency; Italian di Centa I think will vote for PyeongChang to protect Rome 2020 from the rear. Princess Anne and Prince Albert will probably cancel each other out. Therefore, who of the IOC members will buy your quite shoddy argument, Tulsie, hmmmmmmm?

3. As for the great majority of the IOC members, I'd bet my chalet in Chamonix :lol: that the African, Asian, Caribbean IOC members don't EVEN get out to your oh-so-groomed slopes, Tulsa. They probably prefer to attend the Figure Skating, Curling and Hockey events in town and stay warm.

4. That's why they hold the Medals Ceremonies in the Town plazas so that the non-winter IOC members can at least show their faces and give out medals WITHOUT having to wake up early and schlep to those ridiculously HIGH mountains of Tulsa; and be back in time to attend the next elegant dinner at the 4-star hotel.

So the majority of the IOC voters don't give a rat's ass about whether your slopes are perfect or NOT!! So this insistent, ridiculous argument of yours about Annency having the best slopes is TOTALLY USELESS and IRRELEVANT in this race, Tulsie.

Do you see, Mr. Bojangles, why you will NEVER be on the IOC? You cannot think strategically or universally!

Let me post this here in case anyone missed it on the other thread:

The stupid slope argument of broken-record Tulsa:

1. The WHOLE WINTER Games are NOT centered on those ridiculous slopes! Those stupid slopes of yours make up only about 12% in the typical IOC members' mind and decision-making process!!

2. How many IOC members are downhill skiers? 3 or 4? And of those, we know that Killy CANNOT vote for Annency; Italian di Centa I think will vote for PyeongChang to protect Rome 2020 from the rear. Princess Anne and Prince Albert will probably cancel each other out. Therefore, who of the IOC members will buy your quite shoddy argument, Tulsie, hmmmmmmm?

3. As for the great majority of the IOC members, I'd bet my chalet in Chamonix :lol: that the African, Asian, Caribbean IOC members don't EVEN get out to your oh-so-groomed slopes, Tulsa. They probably prefer to attend the Figure Skating, Curling and Hockey events in town and stay warm.

4. That's why they hold the Medals Ceremonies in the Town plazas so that the non-winter IOC members can at least show their faces and give out medals WITHOUT having to wake up early and schlep to those ridiculously HIGH mountains of Tulsa; and be back in time to attend the next elegant dinner at the 4-star hotel.

So the majority of the IOC voters don't give a rat's ass about whether your slopes are perfect or NOT!! So this insistent, ridiculous argument of yours about Annency having the best slopes is TOTALLY USELESS and IRRELEVANT in this race, Tulsie.

Do you see, Mr. Bojangles, why you will NEVER be on the IOC? You cannot think strategically or universally!

You explain than IOC members don't care about sports condition and the level of venue? You explain the only thing is the quality of the hotel? You explain IOC members don't care about Athletes or show for spectators? OK

You explain than IOC members don't care about sports condition and the level of venue? You explain the only thing is the quality of the hotel? You explain IOC members don't care about Athletes or show for spectators? OK

And tell us what is wrong with the Jungbong downhill alpine venue, or the Alpensia sliding centre, or their new curling arena, etc. All of those venues look SPECTACULAR.

And we already know their ice facilities will be TOP notch for skating and hockey.

And tell us what is wrong with the Jungbong downhill alpine venue, or the Alpensia sliding centre, or their new curling arena, etc. All of those venues look SPECTACULAR.

And we already know their ice facilities will be TOP notch for skating and hockey.

About ski venue (Alpine, Biathlon, skicountry, Freestyle...), the PC ski venue aren't very spectacular. When you ski on a hill is different than a mountain in the front of Mt Blanc.

And moreover Annecy have the most technical ski venues and the most spectacular.

About ski venue (Alpine, Biathlon, skicountry, Freestyle...), the PC ski venue aren't very spectacular. When you ski on a hill is different than a mountain in the front of Mt Blanc.

And moreover Annecy have the most technical ski venues and the most spectacular.

I disagree. I'm very excited to see the construction of Jungbong. Even if it's not Chamonix, it's something for Koreans and Olympic enthusiasts to get excited about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF1zm2tAgEg

I disagree. I'm very excited to see the construction of Jungbong. Even if it's not Chamonix, it's something for Koreans and Olympic enthusiasts to get excited about.

Pyeongchang at the 2009 Biathlon World Championships.

Not good.

hqdefault.jpg

die-pech-wm-von-pyeongchang-2009-elf-grad-plus-dauerregen-und-sturm-die-biathlon-wm-drohte-wegzuschwimmen-am-freitag-den-13-fielen-in-der-suedkoreanischen-provinz-zuerst-die-tv-kameras-und-werbebanden.jpg

Only 3 people in the IOC really care.

Exactly. Did Lillehammer have the vast tall mountains the likes they do in the French Alps? No. Why it's on the same scale as PC, yet they supposedly hosted the best Winter Olympics ever.

<_<

agreeed, pc will pull off awesome games like lillehammer

let me doubt about it!

Lillehammer's spirit, it's Annecy:

- lovely small city with a real winter atmosphere

- real festive atmosphere (the games at the heart of Annecy and Chamonix-Mt-Blanc historical center)

- real winter sports culture

agreeed, pc will pull off awesome games like lillehammer

False, can't offer an experience like Lillehammer

Some precisions about PC bid :

PC bid

I quit skiing in South Korea a year ago,

frustrated with the mediocre slopes and poor quality snow

Norway like France has lot of natural snow

snow, and snow is needed to make a mountain town that people want to

visit

You have need snow to create a mountain atmosphere

At PyeongChang's two resorts the apres-ski scene involves a K-pop

discotheque, karaoke sing-a-longs and poorly rendered versions of

overpriced Western cuisine. The architecture and ambience is as if Joseph

Stalin designed the resort with a Hello Kitty motif.

Where is the Lillehammer atmosphere in PC??? :rolleyes:

Stop your lie about PC, nobody can trust you...

They're DIFFERENT. I am sure if PC came before Lillehamer, the Norwegians would resent being compared to PyeongChang.

They are ALL DIFFERENT and equal.

Absolutely.

I don't think the IOC looks to mimic other Olympic Games anyway. They want each different edition of the Games to be as different as possible. Otherwise, what would be the point of it all if it were going to be the same fricken thing every 4 years. None.

PyeongChang would be totally different from Lillehammer. I would expect it. I would embrace it. I would think that's logical anyway.

Archived