Guess the 1st round 2018 votes in Durban!

Alpensia is not for the wealthy.

-> No.

If Korea really wanted to develop winter sport, 1.5 billion dollars should have been used for young players and practice rink rather than luxury houses and golf course.

And, Luxury houses and golf course has nothing to do with Winter Olympics. So. PC 2018 is totally fake.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there are lots of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 million dolllar homes all over Park City, Aspen, Vail, Tahoe, Whistler, etc etc etc...........it seems to be working OK. That's an important part of any world class resort destination. Alpensia is on the right track.

And, Luxury houses and golf course has nothing to do with Winter Olympics. So. PC 2018 is totally fake.

No golf courses and no luxury houses means less money for Alpensia. Which means the whole system falls apart. No money to operate the training facilities for ski jumping, sliding, Nordic sports. Which means no winter hub for Asia. First we have Tulsa who thinks he's more qualified to pick a host than the actual IOC members themselves (I don't mean to pick on Tulsa, he's 100x more likable than this "nature" fraud). Now we have "nature" who thinks he's more qualified to build facilities for winter sports than the actual planners who are professionally paid to design Alpensia. This board is full of self-proclaimed geniuses.

And, Luxury houses and golf course has nothing to do with Winter Olympics.

Breaking news: Golf courses at Annecy & Garmisch - Nature calls on all three bids to be disqualified

GarmischAlpentalGolf.jpg

Garmisch Alpental Golf Course

presentation.jpg

Golf Club Du Lac D'Annecy

Honestly, what ludicrous arguments you're dredging up!

HAHAHA :D

Gangwon would like compare Wisthler with PC, are you totally stupid ? Wisthler is a real ski resort compare to PC or other Korean ski resort, you can't compare... Have you ever seen ski resort in Canada or USA or in Europe... Korean ski resort are too tiny too host great event.

Ski resorts in Korea are ridiculous compare with north america and European standard and never Athletes would like to come in Korea to practice winter sport because Korea don't have good condition...

Please stop your liar about Korea, it's a shame for Winter sports and you insult Athletes...

If IOC choose PC to 2018 will be the most import scandal in winter olympic games... Please stop the disaster.

Mark my words !!!

Breaking news: Golf courses at Annecy & Garmisch

GarmischAlpentalGolf.jpg

presentation.jpg

I guess they should be disqualified for daring to have a golf course at a winter sports venue as well!

Annecy golf isn't in a ski resort... You speak without know Annecy area, please stop to say stupidity about Annecy.

I don't think you are a real Munich supporter.

I don't think you are a real Munich supporter.

And I don't think you know the meaning of the word "Olympianism" so I guess we're even.

And yes, I am a Munich supporter - but that doesn't mean I can't respect the opposition as well - but I guess you don't know the meaning of the word "respect" either ...

HAHAHA :D

Gangwon would like compare Wisthler with PC, are you totally stupid ? Wisthler is a real ski resort compare to PC or other Korean ski resort, you can't compare... Have you ever seen ski resort in Canada or USA or in Europe... Korean ski resort are too tiny too host great event.

I never compared Whistler and PC. In fact, I even said that Whistler was larger than PC. Whistler is one of the finest ski resorts in the world, very few places would compare.

(I don't mean to pick on Tulsa, he's 100x more likable than this "nature" fraud).

I changed my mind. You're only 2x more likable than "nature," and that's only because of default.

Breaking news: Golf courses at Annecy & Garmisch - Nature calls on all three bids to be disqualified

GarmischAlpentalGolf.jpg

presentation.jpg

What's mean ? Alpesia resort have debt 800 million dollars due to luxury houses and golf courses.

This thread is so annoying. I am really exciting by this race since anything can happen in Durban. But the vicious circle with Tusla, Nature and Baron keeps me off from posting.

No, This is a very important news. in terms of Koreans. Further, in terms of the Olympic Movement.

What's mean ? Alpesia resort have debt 800 million dollars due to luxury houses and golf courses.

Do you think Alpensia would be better off without luxury homes and golf courses? How is Alpensia supposed to stay alive long enough during the summer months to allow them to operate again in the winter?

You're not thinking far enough. You need to think two steps ahead, not just one. Luxury homes and golf courses have EVERYTHING to do with operating a successful winter resort.

Roltel's point was that Chamonix and Garmisch both have golf courses. So do Whistler and Aspen. That's what makes them year-round resorts. You have no real argument here.

Do you think Alpensia would be better off without luxury homes and golf courses?

No, A few days ago, the audit results by the government auditors.

- Alpensia resort construction without considering the feasibility.

- Excessive construction despite the expected loss from investment.

- have debt of 800 million dollars.

- $140,000 loss of interest in everyday.

No, you said nothing about debt. You said specifically that golf courses and luxury houses have nothing to do with the Olympics. As in:

And what I was saying (and Gangwon has reiterated), was that golf courses (and luxury housing) are common summer attractions for ski resorts all around the world. If you think PCs bid is fake because they dare have a golf course in the vicinity, then so is Garmisch's and Annecy's.

Honestly, if you're gonna propagandise, at least think it through before you make such dumb statements.

No, A few days ago, the audit results by the government auditors.

- Alpensia resort construction without considering the feasibility.

- Excessive construction despite the expected loss from investment.

- have debt of 800 million dollars.

- $140,000 loss of interest in everyday.

You didn't really answer my question.

So what do you think they should have done? Just built the ski jump, sliding tracks and Nordic trails, and not the golf courses and homes? Or you think they should not have built Alpensia at all?

And more importantly, now that Alpensia is built, the golf courses are built and the homes are built, what do you think they should do now? Tear down the golf courses and homes?

You're not offering any solutions. You're just whining about something that's already happened.

Sports enthusiasts should see Alpensia as a good thing, as it gives winter athletes a much desperately-needed training centre. You keep saying the Korean government should have spent the money on the athletes instead of golf courses. That's exactly what they did. They spent it on the athletes. The golf courses just happened to come with it.

You didn't really answer my question.

So what do you think they should have done? Just built the ski jump, sliding tracks and Nordic trails, and not the golf courses and homes? Or you think they should not have built Alpensia at all?

And more importantly, now that Alpensia is built, the golf courses are built and the homes are built, what do you think they should do now? Tear down the golf courses and homes?

You're not offering any solutions. You're just whining about something that's already happened.

Sports enthusiasts should see Alpensia as a good thing, as it gives winter athletes a much desperately-needed training centre. You keep saying the Korean government should have spent the money on the athletes instead of golf courses. That's exactly what they did. They spent it on the athletes. The golf courses just happened to come with it.

Do you think this is right? Alpensia was constructed excessively from the beginning. Only the cost 1.5 billion dollars has been put into building this resort. They had no money. It had been to cover the cost of construction through selling luxury houses. But are unsold. This is a joint creation of the politicians and builders. This resort is not for the public. Debt of 800 million dollar still remains. Yesterday, today, tomorrow has been raised the loss of $140,000 everday. From now, an additional government spending must stop.

Do you think this is right? Alpensia was constructed excessively from the beginning. Only the cost 1.5 billion dollars has been put into building this resort. They had no money. It had been to cover the cost of construction through selling luxury houses. But are unsold. This is a joint creation of the politicians and builders. This resort is not for the public. Debt of 800 million dollar still remains. Yesterday, today, tomorrow has been raised the loss of $140,000 everday. From now, an additional government spending must stop.

And, I say again, If Korea really wanted to develop winter sport, 1.5 billion dollars should have been used for young players and practice rink rather than luxury houses and golf course. Korea don't have enough practice rink. Moreover, Muju jumping park was neglected now in ruins. The luxury houses and golf course has nothing to do with the Winter Olympics. PC 2018 is totally fake. This bid is for the politicians. July 6, I hope it does not has an unhappy ending. Pyeongchang is not good for athletes.

No, you said nothing about debt. You said specifically that golf courses and luxury houses have nothing to do with the Olympics. As in:

And what I was saying (and Gangwon has reiterated), was that golf courses (and luxury housing) are common summer attractions for ski resorts all around the world. If you think PCs bid is fake because they dare have a golf course in the vicinity, then so is Garmisch's and Annecy's.

Honestly, if you're gonna propagandise, at least think it through before you make such dumb statements.

Shut up.

Do not distort the facts.

I don't care whether you support any city.

Alpensia main focused was on golf courses and luxury houses.

Shut up.

Do not distort the facts.

I don't care whether you support any city.

Alpensia main focused was on golf courses and luxury houses.

Struck a nerve did I?

No, I won't shut up as long as you distort the facts and make up ridiculous and tortuous arguments to try and support them.

At least I support some bidders. All you seem to do is oppose. Why not tell us why you think Munich deserves the games rather than why someone else doesn't.

Anyway, just answer me one thing - why is it acceptable for Garmisch and Annecy to have golf courses, but not PC?

Struck a nerve did I?

No, I won't shut up as long as you distort the facts and make up ridiculous and tortuous arguments to try and support them.

At least I support some bidders. All you seem to do is oppose. Why not tell us why you think Munich deserves the games rather than why someone else doesn't.

Sorry,

But, as far, I'm not talking to you. You know nothing about Japan, Korea, At the same time writes the wrong. I can't understand. This is a very important problem for the bid.

You know nothing about Japan, Korea, At the same time writes the wrong. I can't understand. This is a very important problem for the bid.

Really? I've been to Korea four times (including to the World Cup opening in 2002 and Taejon's expo in '93) and Japan seven times (at least once every year or two). And worked in both countries. What am I missing?

And, I say again, If Korea really wanted to develop winter sport, 1.5 billion dollars should have been used for young players and practice rink rather than luxury houses and golf course. Korea don't have enough practice rink. Moreover, Muju jumping park was neglected now in ruins. The luxury houses and golf course has nothing to do with the Winter Olympics. PC 2018 is totally fake. This bid is for the politicians. July 6, I hope it does not has an unhappy ending. Pyeongchang is not good for athletes.

And, I say again, THAT'S WHAT THEY DID! Korea DID spend the money to develop winter sports for youth. The money was spent to build a training centre for winter athletes. That was the main goal. But instead of practice rinks, they built ski jumps and bobsleigh, luge and skeleton tracks, and courses for Nordic sports. The golf courses and homes were just incidental, and were done to complement the resort. Alpensia isn't just about winter sports. It's about recreation as well. Recreation involves golfing and nice accomodations. Pyeongchang will be a FANTASTIC place for athletes.

Skating rinks are cheaper to build, you don't need $1 billion to build skating rinks. And they can be built in cities, not in the mountains and resorts. If they spent $1.5 billion on skating rinks like you suggest, THAT would be a waste of money. And I thought you hated wasting money.

You must be the only Korean who thinks this bid is for politicians, because 93% of the Korean population are VERY excited to bid for the Games.

Sorry,

But, as far, I'm not talking to you. You know nothing about Japan, Korea, At the same time writes the wrong. I can't understand. This is a very important problem for the bid.

If you're not talking to Roltel, who are you talking to? Because I don't want you to talk to me either. And Baron doesn't like talking to you. And there's no one else here except Tulsa. Are you talking to Tulsa? Because you don't need to convince him, he already agrees with you. If you are talking to the IOC, then you are also out of luck because they are not stupid and they will not fall for your lies. Sorry.

Archived