Guess the 1st round 2018 votes in Durban!

Phil Coles

Hicham El Guerrouj

Nawal El Moutawakel

Rania Elwani

Frankie Fredericks

Kevan Gosper

Joao Havelange

Nicole L.M. Hoevertsz

Chiharu Igaya

Barry Maister

Moon Dae-Sung

Carlos Nuzman

Shunichiro Okano

Yumilka Ruiz Luaces

Olegario Vazquez Rana

Yang Yang

These are all IOC members who are athletes or former athletes from Oceania, Africa, South America, Central America, the Caribbean, or Asia. They have dedicated themselves to furthering sport and the Olympic Movement. You do NOT know more than them when it comes to WINTER SPORTS. And maybe some of them disagree with you when you say we have to go to Europe all the time.

On about 110 IOC members there are a part who don't care about WoG... And I think they don't have lot of knowledge about WoG, but of course some members are qualified but not everybody... When I read some comment from IOC members about 2018 race, I think they are totally crazy...

Baron please shut up !!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On about 110 IOC members there are a part who don't care about WoG... And I think they don't have lot of knowledge about WoG, but of course some members are qualified but not everybody... When I read some comment from IOC members about 2018 race, I think they are totally crazy...

But they DO care about the Winter Olympics, because they care about the Olympic Movement as a whole. There are many that feel the Olympics have the most to gain by going somewhere new in 2018. A Winter Olympics in the Alps would be fun no doubt, but I strongly believe that a Winter Olympics in Korea has the most to offer the Olympic Movement when thinking long-term. The IOC likes to look to the future, and Asia/Africa/South America/Oceania (the non-traditional nations) is a big part of that future. Even if many of those countries never become a winter powerhouse in alpine skiing, it must be uplifting for them to just witness the Winter Games being spread throughout the world at least once every 20 years.

The IOC Evaluation Commission has already said that Pyeongchang is ready and would host a fantastic Games. Surely, you won't argue that you're more qualified than them?

The IOC Evaluation Commission has already said that Pyeongchang is ready and would host a fantastic Games. Surely, you won't argue that you're more qualified than them?

If IOC members don't criticism PC it's only because some sponsors are Korean and to let's hope to other Asian winter bid for the future... It's politic management, not objective arguments.

But in fact korea is very far from the North America or European level to host WoG... And actually, the only continents where you can host WoG in good condition are North America and Europe and Japan... Maybe China could be a good competitor in the next race...

If IOC members don't criticism PC it's only because some sponsors are Korean and to let's hope to other Asian winter bid for the future... It's politic management, not objective arguments.

But in fact korea is very far from the North America or European level to host WoG... And actually, the only continents where you can host WoG in good condition are North America and Europe and Japan... Maybe China could be a good competitor in the next race...

You forgot to write "It's a fact."

Sorry but I think I'm more qualified than some IOC members to know there is a good potential to host WoG !!! And when you are objective, Alps or North America are better place to host WoG than Korea !!! It's a fact. And all professional could confirm that !!!

Oh, really?

How many WOGs have you organised so far, and how many technical committees have you served on?

If I was an IOC member surfing through some of your posts, Tulsa, I think I'd be pretty darn appalled by them. In fact, even if I kept my calm and tried to objectively listen to some of your comments, I'd find it hard to find reasonable 'facts' about Annecy, because you spend all your effort talking down various members of the website and PC. It's such a shame, because should you concentrate more on promoting the positive aspects of Annecy (as you have done on a few occasions), you'd be received well. Instead, you show absolute cultural arrogance and concentrate most of your efforts defaming other candidate cities (well, just one in particular really), which is not the best tactic, as evident by your poor reputation.

This is my sincere advice to you, Tulsa, and I hope you take the advice.

If I was an IOC member surfing through some of your posts, Tulsa, I think I'd be pretty darn appalled by them. In fact, even if I kept my calm and tried to objectively listen to some of your comments, I'd find it hard to find reasonable 'facts' about Annecy, because you spend all your effort talking down various members of the website and PC. It's such a shame, because should you concentrate more on promoting the positive aspects of Annecy (as you have done on a few occasions), you'd be received well. Instead, you show absolute cultural arrogance and concentrate most of your efforts defaming other candidate cities (well, just one in particular really), which is not the best tactic, as evident by your poor reputation.

This is my sincere advice to you, Tulsa, and I hope you take the advice.

Yep, nobody's done more to help me warm to and sympathise with PC than Tulsa and Nature - both of them have done sterling work to help boost PC!

It’s true that every time Tulsa or nature knocks down Pyeongchang, I get more and more excited about a Pyeongchang Games. I know they are criticizing Pyeongchang to show why they wouldn’t be a good host, but these criticisms make Pyeongchang increasingly more attractive in my eyes. It makes me want to go there even more.

When I first started posting here again earlier this year, I wouldn’t have minded seeing a Munich Games as a second choice if Pyeongchang lost, because I really do love Germany. But I am no longer excited about a Winter Olympics in the Alps for 2018, and no matter how hard I try I can’t be excited about another Alps Games until the Winter Olympics get to go to a lesser-served region of the world. I spent 4-5 months dealing with cultural arrogance from Tulsa and Korean self-hatred from nature (supposedly self-hating, if he actually is Korean). I’ve spent 4-5 months dealing with claims on how Europe is king in winter sports, and how no one else compares just because Europe had a 100 year head start in winter tradition. And to be honest, as much as I respect Katarina Witt, I am put off by her more subtle knocks on Pyeongchang, commenting on how the IOC can’t keep going back to new horizons all the time (how can we go “back” to new horizons when we hardly ever go there in the first place?), and implying that Korea would be a horrible choice for the Games in the passion department. Well, I disagree with Katarina, Tulsa and nature. I have never been a fan of arrogance, and I’m REALLY excited for Pyeongchang now, and I hope more than ever now that Korea gets a chance to welcome the world.

P.S. I hope my comment on Katarina doesn't affect Roltel's warming up to Pyeongchang, because I really do appreciate his support lol. But that's just how I feel.

P.S. I hope my comment on Katarina doesn't affect Roltel's warming up to Pyeongchang, because I really do appreciate his support lol. But that's just how I feel.

LOL! Not at all. You've played the campaigning here with respect and dignity. Shame others can't respect the opposition.

Honestly, the way I see it, I'm in a likely win-win whoever gets the nod next month (I admit, I really don't expect Annecy to have much of a chance at all). It'll be a delightful result for me - and a slightly pleasant surprise - if Munich wins (though I think they're picking up the late momentum). And if PC wins, I'll be delighted for Korea and happy to see the terrible two-some forced to eat crow. And a PC games would be by far the best placed for good TV viewing in the Oz time-zone.

I do shudder, though, to anticipate Tulsa/Natures reactions here after the vote. I'm sure we're all expecxting "The IOC is corrupt", "The IOC know nothing about winter sport", "It was rigged" etc etc.

Of course they have debt, that's how you build!

Being so accessible to all their major metropolitan areas and the sea I think they will have no problem sustaining tourism in the future, this is THE winter sport hub of Korea.

These area resorts will satisfy the vast majority of recreational skiers, and that's who will guarantee their financial success after the Olympics.

0104_img_02.jpg

Well, Do you know Alpensia ? This resort is not for public. and, is a very smaller size. just 6 slopes, and 27 holes VIP golf course, 100 more luxury houses of 3 million dollars, Do you know 1997 Universiad jumping park in Korea ? Neglected after the competition, now can't use anymore.

It’s true that every time Tulsa or nature knocks down Pyeongchang, I get more and more excited about a Pyeongchang Games. I know they are criticizing Pyeongchang to show why they wouldn’t be a good host, but these criticisms make Pyeongchang increasingly more attractive in my eyes. It makes me want to go there even more.

When I first started posting here again earlier this year, I wouldn’t have minded seeing a Munich Games as a second choice if Pyeongchang lost, because I really do love Germany. But I am no longer excited about a Winter Olympics in the Alps for 2018, and no matter how hard I try I can’t be excited about another Alps Games until the Winter Olympics get to go to a lesser-served region of the world. I spent 4-5 months dealing with cultural arrogance from Tulsa and Korean self-hatred from nature (supposedly self-hating, if he actually is Korean). I’ve spent 4-5 months dealing with claims on how Europe is king in winter sports, and how no one else compares just because Europe had a 100 year head start in winter tradition. And to be honest, as much as I respect Katarina Witt, I am put off by her more subtle knocks on Pyeongchang, commenting on how the IOC can’t keep going back to new horizons all the time (how can we go “back” to new horizons when we hardly ever go there in the first place?), and implying that Korea would be a horrible choice for the Games in the passion department. Well, I disagree with Katarina, Tulsa and nature. I have never been a fan of arrogance, and I’m REALLY excited for Pyeongchang now, and I hope more than ever now that Korea gets a chance to welcome the world.

Your claim is not true. I'm Korean and Your Korean. Do not delude yourself. I can't understand. Pyeongchang Olympics with the problems? It's the wrong choice.

Yep, nobody's done more to help me warm to and sympathise with PC than Tulsa and Nature - both of them have done sterling work to help boost PC!

It doesn't matter. I don't need anyone's support. I told the truth. Just some Pyeongchang supporters disturbing me.

Well, Do you know Alpensia ? This resort is not for public. and, is a very smaller size. just 6 slopes, and 27 holes VIP golf course, 100 more luxury houses of 3 million dollars, Do you know 1997 Universiad jumping park in Korea ? Neglected after the competition, now can't use anymore.

I have no idea what you mean by not for public.

It sounds smart that there are a few hotels offering different levels of service as part of the complex, and in addition all the other luxury development you are describing. It's true, the more you talk the more interesting PC 2018 becomes.

No, Your just PC supporter, half Munich. No more no less.

I'm revealed some truth related to Pyeongchang.

This is a very important information.

No, I'm a full-on Munich supporter.

You and Tulsa can take full credit for selling me on PC!

I have no idea what you mean by not for public.

It sounds smart that there are a few hotels offering different levels of service as part of the complex, and in addition all the other luxury development you are describing. It's true, the more you talk the more interesting PC 2018 becomes.

No, Have you been to Alpensia ? Do you know about Alpensia more than Koreans ?

No, I'm a full-on Munich supporter.

You and Tulsa can take full credit for selling me on PC!

My purpose is just to say the fact. Whether you support any city I do not care.

My purpose is just to say the fact. Whether you support any city I do not care.

And I'm just saying, that if you're purpose was to somehow get PC disqualified, you missed the boat as soon as the IOC Technical Commission passed the bid as capable and left it on the short list. And if your purpose was to turn people against PCs bid, then I would say that yours and Tulsa's rantings have had the exact opposite result. If PC wins, you can take a bow, and know that you helped to get it across the line.

And I'm just saying, that if you're purpose was to somehow get PC disqualified, you missed the boat as soon as the IOC Technical Commission passed the bid as capable and left it on the short list. And if your purpose was to turn people against PCs bid, then I would say that yours and Tulsa's rantings have had the exact opposite result. If PC wins, you can take a bow, and know that you helped to get it across the line.

No, What is the purpose of your visit in this forum ?

You said "I'm PC supporter with Munich"

No, What is the purpose of your visit in this forum ?

You said "I'm PC supporter with Munich"

My purpose here, ever since I joined up more than seven years ago, is my fascination and passion for the Olympics, and my interest in the politics of the IOC and bid selection. As a half German, half Swedish 100 per cent Australian, I'd love to see Germany or Sweden win a bid sometime, but having experienced an Olympics in my beloved home-town of Sydney, I'm happy enough that I've already experienced my major Olympic dream. When the 2018 race started off, I wasn't particularly in favour of PC. But neither did I hate the idea. I'm just saying that you and Tulsa have done more to engender goodwill towards PC with your virulent attacks on everything Korean than all the feel good press statements to come out of the Korean Olympic Committee.

When the 2018 race started off, I wasn't particularly in favour of PC. But neither did I hate the idea. I'm just saying that you and Tulsa have done more to engender goodwill towards PC with your virulent attacks on everything Korean than all the feel good press statements to come out of the Korean Olympic Committee.

Thanks for post.

I say again, Whether you support any city I don't care. Don't critique me. This is a legitimate criticism. This is part of the bid. This is a very important information.

Thanks for post.

I say again, Whether you support any city I don't care. Don't critique me. This is a legitimate criticism. This is part of the bid. This is a very important information.

And I'm just saying that you've gone so over the top and relentlessly with your criticism of PC, that you've drawn more people to support it than you have driven people away from it. You and Tulsa can be proud that you did such a good job to help make PC a popular choice, even if you set out to achieve the opposite. If there's one thing I've learnd in following Olympic bids over more than three decades, is that criticising rival bids is always likely to backfire on your own bid. Indeed, the IOC have often policed and criticised bids that have attacked their competitors.

By all means keep it up - you might convince a few more IOCers to support PC!

And I'm just saying that you've gone so over the top and relentlessly with your criticism of PC, that you've drawn more people to support it than you have driven people away from it. You and Tulsa can be proud that you did such a good job to help make PC a popular choice, even if you set out to achieve the opposite. By all means keep it up - you might convince a few more IOCers to support PC!

Well, I will say the truth and fact, regardless of whether they win or lose. Don't critique me.

Archived