Guess the 1st round 2018 votes in Durban!

Munich is the best bid on this race. There is no doubt. Munich suggested an innovative and sustainable Olympics. Munich will leave a great legacy and marketing performance in Olympics history. This bid is not just only for Munich. This is Germany's bid. Germany did not have the Winter Olympics in 80 years. Germany ger the 358 medals at the Winter Games and, has an inner winter sport tradition. should be given the opportunity to hostm, right now.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what the Olympics are about -- bringing the Games of Peace and Friendship to NEW and various parts of the world

I agree but it can't be each time or the games will never be again in North America or Western Europe...

-- not to the same old, BORING locations year in and year out.

Good example of olympisme spirit...

2009 Biathlon World Championships in Pyeongchang was bored because there was no spectators. Pyeongchang is still not best stage for athetes, We should be guaranteed the best stage for athletes. According to unnamed sources, some IOC members don't believe that Pyeongchang promise full-stadia. Pyeongchang saying that potential is exaggerated.

Why would the IOC go back to the same playground it's been on already 3x when there is a new market with a strong, sporting tradition behind them? As for the Munich bid...same thing, that region already had a Summer Games and a Winter Games before...vs. a "virgin" location. The IOC, I think, will go with the promising NEW location.

I don't think there's much support from the European IOC members for a Winter Games in Asia. Most of the European members care most about the skiing events (especially alpine skiing), and they view the Asian alpine venues to be too easy for the Olympics. I doubt PyeongChang received many votes from European members for 2010 or 2014 (Dick Pound even said in his book that PyeongChang's votes for 2010 came from Latin America, Africa, and Asia). The only reason Nagano won the 1998 Games was to prevent back-to-back Games in the U.S., and even then, the final vote between Nagano and Salt Lake was very close. I don't see PyeongChang beating a very strong bid from Munich in the final round this year. PyeongChang's best chance to win is if they face Annecy in the final round, as Annecy has a much weaker bid than Munich.

I think PyeongChang has an excellent bid, and I'd be happy to see the Winter Games go to Korea, but it's very hard for me to see them beating Munich.

Annecy in the final round, as Annecy has a much weaker bid than Munich.

I don't agree.... the 2 bids are quite similar:

- 2 main hubs (Munich and Garmich vs Annecy and Chamonix)

- a bobsleigh venue that is quite far.

The advantage for Munich is that the ice park in Munich is more compact than in Annecy.

The advantage for Annecy is the nordic venue (more snow, world cup venues at the heart of authentic villages).

More over, Annecy and Chamonix both offer ice and snow events and certainly propose better scenic views.

I don't think there's much support from the European IOC members for a Winter Games in Asia. Most of the European members care most about the skiing events (especially alpine skiing), and they view the Asian alpine venues to be too easy for the Olympics. I doubt PyeongChang received many votes from European members for 2010 or 2014 (Dick Pound even said in his book that PyeongChang's votes for 2010 came from Latin America, Africa, and Asia). The only reason Nagano won the 1998 Games was to prevent back-to-back Games in the U.S., and even then, the final vote between Nagano and Salt Lake was very close. I don't see PyeongChang beating a very strong bid from Munich in the final round this year. PyeongChang's best chance to win is if they face Annecy in the final round, as Annecy has a much weaker bid than Munich.

I think PyeongChang has an excellent bid, and I'd be happy to see the Winter Games go to Korea, but it's very hard for me to see them beating Munich.

Some Pyeongchang supporters here, laboring under the illusion. Winter Olympics is not the popular vote. I must speak the truth. Korea's condition is not good. And there are serious financial risks. Under current law, Winter Olympics is impossible and illigal in Korea. It is because of the high mountains is not enough. Pyeongchang domestic rivals Muju was the rejection by the FIS. Also, Pyeongchang's mountain condition is not good. Korea including Gangwon has the mountain rages of less than 1500m, it's mean Korea can't creat a downhill course except Pyeongchang. Pyeongchang is the primeval porest, it's illigal. Market expansion is not possible. For the Asian markets, China giving better opportunities. China will open real new horizons in future.

I agree but it can't be each time or the games will never be again in North America or Western Europe...

The Games go to North America and Western Europe all the time. You don't have to worry about this, as once Asia gets to host, North America and Western Europe will probably share the next few Winter Olympics for another 20 years. It's time to go somewhere new. Munich will bid again, and they will get to host soon if they really want. Annecy will have better chances too later on if they choose to bid again. We just went to Europe in 2006, and we will go again in 2014. We will go to Europe again (and especially the Alps) many many times in the future. 2018 is just not the right time.

The Games go to North America and Western Europe all the time. You don't have to worry about this, as once Asia gets to host, North America and Western Europe will probably share the next few Winter Olympics for another 20 years. It's time to go somewhere new. Munich will bid again, and they will get to host soon if they really want. Annecy will have better chances too later on if they choose to bid again. We just went to Europe in 2006, and we will go again in 2014. We will go to Europe again (and especially the Alps) many many times in the future. 2018 is just not the right time.

Do not repeat the stale story.

Korea is not good and not ready. Sochi 2014 is Eurasia and New horizon. Norway is Northern Europe, Japan is Asia, Sarajevo is Eastern Europe. Germany has been no Winter Games for 80 years. 1936 is Nazi Olympics. Munich is just not European bid. We should consider their passion, contribution, tradition for winter sport in 100 years.

Do not repeat the stale story.

Korea is not good and not ready. Sochi 2014 is Eurasia and New horizon. Norway is Northern Europe, Japan is Asia, Sarajevo is Eastern Europe. Germany has been no Winter Games for 80 years. 1936 is Nazi Olympics. Munich is just not European bid. We should consider their passion, contribution, tradition for winter sport in 100 years.

Dude, if you haven't realized by now, I'm trying to avoid you. Please stop talking to me because I feel dirty every time you reply to me. Ugh, now I need to shower. :angry:

[/size]

What are you talking about. This makes no sense at all. You have it all backwards. The Games are constantly in Western Europe & North America. We had Salt Lake City in 2002. Turin, Italy (just a stones throw away from Annecy, btw) in 2006. Back again to North America in Vancouver in 2010. And for 2014 they'll be in Sochi, Russia (albeit, Sochi is Eastern Europe, but Europe nonetheless).

Out of the 22 Winter Olympics that have been held thus far (including yet to be held Sochi), nearly half of them have been held in the Alps, & 4 more have been staged in other parts of Europe. So that's a total of 14 out of the 22 that Europe can lay claim to.

So please stop with your exaggerations & embellishments simply because you favor a bid that's in an area of the world that constantly gets to host the Winter Olympics. It's time to go somewhere else & fresh for a change. Your argument holds no water, whatsoever.

What are you talking about. This makes no sense at all. You have it all backwards. The Games are constantly in Western Europe & North America. We had Salt Lake City in 2002. Turin, Italy (just a stones throw away from Annecy, btw) in 2006. Back again to North America in Vancouver in 2010. And for 2014 they'll be in Sochi, Russia (albeit, Sochi is Eastern Europe, but Europe nonetheless).

Out of the 22 Winter Olympics that have been held thus far (including yet to be held Sochi), nearly half of them have been held in the Alps, & 4 more have been staged in other parts of Europe. So that's a total of 14 out of the 22 that Europe can lay claim to.

So please stop with your exaggerations & embellishments simply because you favor a bid that's in an area of the world that constantly gets to host the Winter Olympics. It's time to go somewhere else & fresh for a change. Your argument holds no water, whatsoever.

Nevertheless, Germany has not the Winter Olympics for 80 years. 1936 is Nazi Games, just 28 countries participated. This is about more than just geography. Sochi 2014 is New horizons. 2018 again ? Of course, I don't think there is no relation between PyeongChang and newness.

I know Your PC supporter but, I can't understand, You need to consider for athletes and conditions.

I want the best of the best to WoG in 2018, Korea can't offer the best condition, there aren't enough snow, there are a lack a knowledge about organization of winter activity, and moreover there aren't atmosphere (no fans, no supporters)...

Korea isn't ready to host WoG in 2018... When I watch my TV I want to see the better condition to have a great show... And about WoG only Europe, North America and Japan can actually offer this conditions... It's a fact

When you ask to athletes, professionals or fans of winter sports, everybody is unanimous, the best condition are in Europe or North america...

The only peoples who think than PC could host WoG in 2018 are Korean and some IOC members who don't know well WoG or Winter activity... (Asian, African and South america members)

What TOTAL CLOWNS u 2 are!! So you really think u know better than the IOC??

Thank God the IOC will just ignore your often racist, IDIOTIC blatherings about something you obviously know very little of.

Thank God there are only 2 nuts in the world like you and that you can't vote in Durban anyway.!! :P

:rolleyes:

I'm not racist like you, you have insult a member to be nazis! :angry:

You don't participate on this forum, only criticism some members and insult :angry:

Each time you try to cry your hate on some members... I understand why everybody don't like you here.

Lot of IOC members don't have knowledge about WoG or winter sport... It's a fact, an Oceania IOC member don't know very well good condition to host WoG, it's a same in Asia or South America...

You are the most stupid man on this forum !!!

Each time you try to cry your hate on some members... I understand why everybody don't like you here.

Mr. Winter-belongs-only-to-the-Alps...check out our Reputations scores. You have MINUS 24 and I have nearly double that POSITIVE. Obviously, if that's how you call the odds, then PC is a sure win. ;)

Lot of IOC members don't have knowledge about WoG or winter sport... It's a fact, an Oceania IOC member don't know very well good condition to host WoG, it's a same in Asia or South America...

Those IOC members from Asia, Africa, South America and Oceania know more than you do. They know what it takes to stage a successful Games. Compared to them, you know nothing.

Those IOC members from Asia, Africa, South America and Oceania know more than you do. They know what it takes to stage a successful Games. Compared to them, you know nothing.

Sorry but I think I'm more qualified than some IOC members to know there is a good potential to host WoG !!! And when you are objective, Alps or North America are better place to host WoG than Korea !!! It's a fact. And all professional could confirm that !!!

Sorry but I think I'm more qualified than some IOC members to know there is a good potential to host WoG !!! And when you are objective, Alps or North America are better place to host WoG than Korea !!! It's a fact. And all professional could confirm that !!!

What makes you more qualified than the IOC members from Asia, Africa, South America and Oceania? It's their DUTY to focus their lives on the Olympics.

You are the most stupid man on this forum !!!

Phil Coles

Hicham El Guerrouj

Nawal El Moutawakel

Rania Elwani

Frankie Fredericks

Kevan Gosper

Joao Havelange

Nicole L.M. Hoevertsz

Chiharu Igaya

Barry Maister

Moon Dae-Sung

Carlos Nuzman

Shunichiro Okano

Yumilka Ruiz Luaces

Olegario Vazquez Rana

Yang Yang

These are all IOC members who are athletes or former athletes from Oceania, Africa, South America, Central America, the Caribbean, or Asia. They have dedicated themselves to furthering sport and the Olympic Movement. You do NOT know more than them when it comes to WINTER SPORTS. And maybe some of them disagree with you when you say we have to go to Europe all the time.

Of course they have debt, that's how you build!

Being so accessible to all their major metropolitan areas and the sea I think they will have no problem sustaining tourism in the future, this is THE winter sport hub of Korea.

These area resorts will satisfy the vast majority of recreational skiers, and that's who will guarantee their financial success after the Olympics.

0104_img_02.jpg

Sorry but I think I'm more qualified than some IOC members

In your mind you think you are...BUT u're NOT CASTING a vote in Durban, so what does it matter, Tulsa? U just look like more like an arrogant fool with each post you make! You and that Jim 8759 make a great pair of donkeys' asses!! :lol:

Archived