Guess the 1st round 2018 votes in Durban!

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will not be a first round victory. Not with Fasel and Kaspar so heavily against going to Korea.

Annecy will probably range in the 15 to 25 votes

Munich in the 30 to 35

Pyeongchange in the 35 to 40.

If Salzburg without much IOC clout can garner 25 votes for 2014, Annecy with more IOC clout (and a shitter bid) can manage about the same.

It will not be a first round victory. Not with Fasel and Kaspar so heavily against going to Korea.

Annecy will probably range in the 15 to 25 votes

Munich in the 30 to 35

Pyeongchange in the 35 to 40.

If Salzburg without much IOC clout can garner 25 votes for 2014, Annecy with more IOC clout (and a shitter bid) can manage about the same.

You are a ****... :angry:

It's irritating, there are only stupid members on gamesbids ? without arguments? Look the bid book... :angry:

My best guess is Annency takes it in the first round. No one can dispute the excellency of their bid...

Now being honest, I say 20 for Annency, 35 for Munich, and 50 for PC. It will be a closer 2nd round, but PC will finally eke out a victory.

It's irritating, there are only stupid members on gamesbids ?

Not everybody - but you've been doing your best to raise those numbers.

Forgive me, that was mean. But there's a fine line between stupidity and just blind obstinacy.

Anyway, too early for me to wanna make any real predictions about the vote. But, for wishful thinking sake, I'll make an early guess of:

Annecy - 20 Votes

Munich - 40

PC - 42

Look the bid book...

One of the first things I learned from the GamesBids forums (and what a life-changing realization that was) is that the most technically sound bids (based on the bid books) don't often win. I've come to accept the fact that it's more of a carefully planned PR game with a bit of luck and timing thrown in.

Anyway, I think PC will get the most number of votes in the first round, with Munich not far behind. What I'm looking forward to is where the first-round Annecy votes will go to. I have a feeling Munich will get most of them and pull off a narrow win over PC.

Archived