Korea can't host WoG

and,

3 consecutive challenges of Pyeongchang.

But the impact seems to be minimal than I thought.

Because Munich is so powerful and Pyeongchang is too weak.

Pyeongchang are themselves missing opportunities.

But this is reality.

so if you normally vote, Munich will win.

I think Munich is the best stage for every athletes.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and,

3 consecutive challenges of Pyeongchang.

But the impact seems to be minimal than I thought.

Because Munich is so powerful and Pyeongchang is too weak.

Pyeongchang are themselves missing opportunities.

But this is reality.

so if you normally vote, Munich will win.

I think Munich is the best stage for every athletes.

But won't you get a job in PyeongChang...after your work in Nanjing?

You never know, we could get a surprise and Munich (or even Annecy) just might get through in one round, but I do concur with popular opinion, that if anyone is likely to do it, it'd be PC, with the Euro bidders relying on second preferences to give them an opening to triumph on the second round.

PC is the only city that has the chance to win in the first round. Munich must have the same luck as Vancouver and Sochi.

I agree.

If round go to 2, Munich will win.

I hope this.

I'm focuses on the dynamics in East Asia and the Middle East.

If it's over in 1 round, it doesn't matter the number of bids (2 or 3 would give the same result) :blink:

It matters in the final result, though. And I could see why some of the Munich supporters could be concerned with this. In saying that Annecy could just be taking away from Munich's votes if all it takes is just one round.

It's like the presidential races in the United States & there's an "independent" candidate on the ballot (which really has no chance of winning whatsover) but could take away crucial votes on another candidate that actually does have a good shot at winning.

If there is a 2nd round, I can't see Annecy getting through. That would require Annecy to get 30+ votes & I just don't see that at all. If Salzburg, a more organized bid, with rotation far more on it's side couldn't do it, I doubt a more confounded bid, with rotation far less in it's favor, like Annecy could.

If there is a 2nd round, I can't see Annecy getting through. That would require Annecy to get 30+ votes & I just don't see that at all. If Salzburg, a more organized bid, with rotation far more on it's side couldn't do it, I doubt a more confounded bid, with rotation far less in it's favor, like Annecy could.

France isn't Austria, moreover Annecy bid is exceptional and lot of IOC members would vote for. Win in the first round seem very difficult but not impossible.

Yeah, you're right. Austria has had far better medal success at the Winter games than France.

Germany has won the most medals in Winter Olympics.

But They did not have the Winter Olympics in past 80 years. :(

I think it is more important than a mere slogan.

Germany has won the most medals in Winter Olympics.

But They did not have the Winter Olympics in past 80 years. :(

I think it is more important than a mere slogan.

Mate, I hope Munich wins as well.

But that said, I find the Korea-bashing here disgusting and offensive.

Mate, I hope Munich wins as well.

But that said, I find the Korea-bashing here disgusting and offensive.

I just mentioned Germany's medal.

There was no other intention.

and,

I understand.

I was able to uncover the lies and hypocrisy of Pyeongchang.

I just mentioned Germany's medal.

There was no other intention.

and,

I understand.

I was able to uncover the lies and hypocrisy of Pyeongchang.

Well, why not be positive and promote Munich more and tell us why they should win, instead of concentrating all your efforts on being negative about its main rival. Negative campaigning dos not win much sympathy.

Annecy bidding does not change a thing for Munich.

If a city is to win in the first round, it needs to get 50% of the votes +1, irrespective of the number of other candidates. Everyone agrees that only PC could score a first round victory so it's not like Annecy bidding will deprive Munich of a few votes that would have made the difference in the first round.

Question is: if PC is not elected in the first round, can Munich (or let's be crazy Annecy) get almost all the votes from the city eliminated in the first round?

Well, why not be positive and promote Munich more and tell us why they should win, instead of concentrating all your efforts on being negative about its main rival. Negative campaigning dos not win much sympathy.

Umm.

I'm qualified to criticize.

I was just pointing out the problems.

Korea is not winter sport strong country.

Dream Program.

Korea young people don't participate.

Nevertheless, it using the MAIN slogan.

Anyway, I have talked enough.

Umm.

I'm qualified to criticize.

I was just pointing out the problems.

Korea is not winter sport strong country.

Dream Program.

Korea young people don't participate.

Nevertheless, it using the MAIN slogan.

Anyway, I have talked enough.

and

Munich is not my purpose.

My purpose is Pyeongchang.

If a city is to win in the first round, it needs to get 50% of the votes +1, irrespective of the number of other candidates. Everyone agrees that only PC could score a first round victory so it's not like Annecy bidding will deprive Munich of a few votes that would have made the difference in the first round.

This is assuming, though, that the 2018 vote is a little more balanced in the first round between the candidates, as in the case for 2014.

For 2010 on the other hand, it was quite clear which city the majority of the IOC didn't want. So all Vancouver would've needed to clench it in the first round was 14 of Salzburg's votes.

So it's quite plausible that Annecy could take from Munich's toll (considering the two bids are similar in the sense of being Alpine bids) that could be crucial for a possible round one victory for Munich. As we all know already, all it takes is just 1 vote to make the difference between winner & loser.

Question is: if PC is not elected in the first round, can Munich (or let's be crazy Annecy) get almost all the votes from the city eliminated in the first round?

Exactly. The first round will select the best european bid for the secound round. That's all.

And if it's over in 1 round, it means that Munich would have lost anyway.

It's hard to say how many votes will go from 1 european city to the other in the secound round...(certainly the votes influenced by future asian bids, those who find that european bids are much better than PC's, but not those who support particulary Munich or Annecy and would like them to bid again for 2022)

There is no reason not to go to Munich.

Pan-Am hope Reno-Tahoe or Denver 2022.

so they will not allow a re-challenge for Munich.

I say again. Pyeongchang is too weak.

If round one will "select" the best European bid for round two, then it's obvious that Annecy will be taking some of Munich's votes, since most on here agree (except for those 2 Annecy trumpeteers) that Munich is the best Euro bid. And therefore that aspect will take away the potential of Munich perhaps clenching it in the first round to begin with.

If round one will "select" the best European bid for round two, then it's obvious that Annecy will be taking some of Munich's votes, since most on here agree (except for those 2 Annecy trumpeteers) that Munich is the best Euro bid. And therefore that aspect will take away the potential of Munich perhaps clenching it in the first round to begin with.

Annecy will certainly take some of Munich's votes, but they won't go to PC, they will go to Annecy!

So, I don't understand your mathematics....

Moreover, it may even help Munich because there will be more people pointing out PC weaknesses!

Archived