Durban "Look" Comp: The Final Round

GamesBids Durban 2020 Bid "Look" Contest Round 4  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win the GamesBids Durban 2020 Bid "Look" Contest

lookfinalistsfinalcount.jpg

And so we finally come to the final showdown. Daveypodmore, whose coin designs have made it into the official Olympics graphics pantheon, versus Paul, who is now bidding to become (I think) the first GamesBids member to win both sections of a GamesBids logo contest. A fitting match-up for the final round now of the Durban 2020 bid contest series.

So, Round Four, and the final round, of the GamesBids Durban 2020 “Look” of the Bid contest is now open.

This contest is not about judging the merits of a particular logo. It is to judge and recognise the effectiveness of how an overall design element and scheme can be integrated within a co-ordinated bid campaign. You are asked to assess how inspired and original these elements are, and how they are applied and executed.

Vote in the poll for your favourite body of work. Your vote is public and can be seen by all. Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of March 31, 2011. I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes. I will not vote unless in a tie-breaker that could decide the winner (in other words, I may, for the first time in either of the Durban comps, get to vote). This vote will be open for (approximately) 24 hours - it will close no later than 1pm, Thursday April 14 Sydney time. This time tomorrow we WILL have a winner!

No campaigning or disputes are to be aired in this thread - do so in a thread of your own or in the original entries thread or the Evaluation Report thread. If any contenders have any complaints or disputes, PM me. Try to be fair and sportsmanlike.

Good luck to our two remaining contestants!

Archived