Durban "Look" Comp Round 1

GamesBids Durban 2020 Bid "Look" Contest  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which member's designs should progress to the next round of the Durban 2020 Bid Look Contest?

lookfinalists.jpg

lookfinalists2.jpg

Round One of the GamesBids Durban 2020 “Look” of the Bid contest is open.

This contest is not about judging the merits of a particular logo. It is to judge and recognise the effectiveness of how an overall design element and scheme can be integrated within a co-ordinated bid campaign. You are asked to assess how inspired and original these elements are, and how they are applied and executed.

Vote in the poll for your favourite body of work. Your vote is public and can be seen by all. Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of March 31, 2011. I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes. I will not vote unless in a tie-breaker that could decide the winner (in other words, a draw for top spot in the final round). This vote will be open for (approximately) 24 hours - it will close no later than 1pm, Sunday April 10 Sydney time.

The bid with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated. Voting will be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.

No campaigning or disputes are to be aired in this thread - do so in a thread of your own or in the original entries thread or the Evaluation Report thread. If any contenders have any complaints or disputes, PM me. Try to be fair and sportsmanlike.

Good luck contestants!

I hope every member viewing the thread will vote, it would be really exciting if the comps could attract 50+ votes each round.

avenue_n_vote01.jpg

I voted for afiqnadzir because his first poster post left the biggest impression on me and got me excited about entering the contest.

I hereby eliminate myself from the first round. ;)

Let's get round 2 going...

Mate, gallant of you. Still, unfortunately, the numbers would have eliminated you anyway. I hate seeing you bow out - but then again, I hate seeing anyone bow out from these comps. You've been a great competitor!

i think it's time to wrap this up. it's dragging on an insufferably long time.

Hmmm. For the sake of the entrants, and there's still a lot of competitive keen-ness amongst them, it wouldn't be fair to wrap-up now. Just as it wouldn't be fair on the entrants and the members if I unilaterally declared a winner now. And anyway, I still think there's some great graphics there that deserve some recognition beyond the vanilla logo comp, which was really the whole purpose in organising this second comp. Only a few more days to go and we'll be at the end.

Anyway, it's not as if there's much else making the board "buzz" at the moment - I just don't have the motivation to try and talk to the resident "brick walls' of Tulsa and Nature in the 2018 threads.

I've got a few thoughts on how the comp went, and how we might proceed in future comps, which I'll bring up when it's all finished. I must say, I'll be happy to sit out from the next comp or two - next time I'd love to vote, and it's time someone else had a go at organising one. Won't stop me, as usual, throwing in my opinions from the side-lines, though.

Archived