Durban 2020: The Winner Is .........

We have a winner!

And what a nailbiter of a round. But first things first ...

Congratulations Paul, who has snatched victory on Round Three with a final tally of 11 votes, or 55 per cent of those cast, an absolute majority. Well done, Mate, your entry sure appealed and captured people's imaginations. Definitely a worthy and popular winner!

D-logo-applicant.jpgD-logo-1.jpg

Durban-logo-2.jpg

Oh Davey, Demetrius! When I left for work this morning, both of your entries were sitting on one vote apiece (though if either of you had voted for your own logo, you would have been safe). And I actually prepared a tie-breaker/elimination graphic before heading off in the expectation we'd have another elimination round. But I was so busy concentrating on that, that I didn't pay any attention of the overall tally. Then Wingspread's late vote for Davey meant that I expected the Podmore Design Agency to survive another round and throw us into Round 4. I even quickly re-did a Round 4 graphic when I got to work (and the only graphics package I have access to at the office is Paint).

Then I finally twigged to the overall tally, which was:

Daveypodmore – 2

Demetrius – 1

Soaring_Higher – 6

Paul – 11

A clear victory, ahead of when I expected.

I was so pleased to be able to preside over this comp. I certainly think it was a big success - 12 entries, I think, is a record field. If anything, it just made it that much harder to come up with a short list - all were very high quality - I expected any of them had the capability to win. And nice to see strong, and agenerally fair and sportsmanlike voting participation.

Feel free to discuss the comp and its results on this thread now. The "Look of the Bid" contest will commence by the weekend (or earlier if I get bored at work).

Congratulation Paul!! All the logos in the comp were admirable, and a job well done by all!

A bit disappointed, as this was the furthest I have ever gone in a comp. Thanks for those who voted for me, I will surely try even harder next time. ;)

Congratulation Paul!! All the logos in the comp were admirable, and a job well done by all!

A bit disappointed, as this was the furthest I have ever gone in a comp. Thanks for those who voted for me, I will surely try even harder next time. ;)

Mate, I was fully expecting you'd be contesting the top spot with Paul in a final round this Friday. The quick result caught me by surprise.

I've still got your support graphics on hand for the "Look of the Bid" comp I'll kick of any day now. Good luck with that as well.

Can we refresh our submissions for that?

Hit me with anything you've got. You can either post it in the original comp submissions thread - or PM it to me if you want to hold something up your sleeve to surprise the punters!

Congratulation to everyone and all the great logos and ideas, this was an unpredictable ending! I thought Soaring Higher would win with the beautiful/sublime stadium and sea, and the obvious support of many outstanding members. I tried hard to win, and somehow I got the support to push through, many many thanks to those who voted.

Cheers to everyone and thank you -paul

Archived