Party to mark 2012 choice

Party to mark 2012 choice

By Ross Lydall Local Government Correspondent, Evening Standard

15 June 2005

A spectacular free party in Trafalgar Square will mark the finale of London's Olympic bid.

Thousands are expected to watch a live broadcast from Singapore of the announcement of the 2012 host city at 12.46pm on 6 July. The party will start at midday and - win or lose - continue until 2pm.

The event will be led by Dame Kelly Holmes. She will be joined by Steve Cram, other bid ambassadors, singer Heather Small and top musicians.

see full article

Evening Standard article

I'm flying in for this one !!

I think people should start learning the words to "Always Look on the Bright side of Life! I remeber the assembled crowd in manchester singing that in 1993 when Sydney won.

Sounds like this would be a fun event to attend.  Now if only I could find a way to get a passport and free round-trip tickets in 2 weeks.  :)

Hmm, what Monty Python song would work if London were to happen to get the winning bid?

Sounds like this would be a fun event to attend.  Now if only I could find a way to get a passport and free round-trip tickets in 2 weeks.  :)

Hmm, what Monty Python song would work if London were to happen to get the winning bid?

LOL Atlantajeff!!!!

I don't know myself but ehre are some choices for you:

- BRUCES PHILOSOPHERS SONG

- I'VE GOT TWO LEGS

- KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

- NEVER BE RUDE TO AN ARAB

- SIT ON MY FACE

- THE LUMBERJACK SONG

- THE PENIS SONG

- THE SPAM SONG

My personal favourite would be 'Sit on my face'!  However, I still think that even if we won, 'Always look on the Bright side of life' would be a 'winning' choice...  

:wink:

LOL Atlantajeff!!!!

I don't know myself but ehre are some choices for you:

- BRUCES PHILOSOPHERS SONG

- I'VE GOT TWO LEGS

- KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

- NEVER BE RUDE TO AN ARAB

- SIT ON MY FACE

- THE LUMBERJACK SONG

- THE PENIS SONG

- THE SPAM SONG

My personal favourite would be 'Sit on my face'!  However, I still think that even if we won, 'Always look on the Bright side of life' would be a 'winning' choice...  

:wink:

I think that I will be singing 'Every sperm is sacred' if we win... Just for the strange looks I'd get!

Archived