Rio 2016 Preparations - Venue & Infrastructure Developments

Yea that airport definitely looks like it won't be finished in time. And dear god, not one of those longass airport designs. Those are a major bitch to have to walk through to switch from terminals. It's bringing me nightmares of my Dulles Airport experience.

Unless you are not used to pre-modeled stuff... You won't be saying this. In January, there were not a single concrete piece in place...

And I remember people saying the same thing about Recife stadium in the last world cup

This was Arena Pernambuco 7 months before Confederations Cup

November 2012

2012_08_eduardomartino.jpg?itok=4c3CuSb4

April 2013

2013_04_anaaraujoportaldacopame.jpg?itok

And about terminal long distances... Yes, it sucks...

But at least the international visitors during the Olympic won't need to go to Terminal A in the other side, since, they are only for domestic flights.

• Like 1

Yea that airport definitely looks like it won't be finished in time. And dear god, not one of those longass airport designs. Those are a major bitch to have to walk through to switch from terminals. It's bringing me nightmares of my Dulles Airport experience.

Well, the BIGGER the jets get, the longer the distances between other gates and terminals ...becuz the friggin new jets (ahem....the A380) are SOOOOOOOO HUGE!! Why Airbus didn't think of this when they built their A380, I don't know. However, I think after 10-12 hour flights, it's good for passengers to walk quite a bit...to get rid of the blood clots in their veins. So maybe there is some logic to the seemingly insane designs.

• Like 1

Well, the BIGGER the jets get, the longer the distances between other gates and terminals ...becuz the friggin new jets (ahem....the A380) are SOOOOOOOO HUGE!! Why Airbus didn't think of this when they built their A380, I don't know. However, I think after 10-12 hour flights, it's good for passengers to walk quite a bit...to get rid of the blood clots in their veins. So maybe there is some logic to the seemingly insane designs.

Actually the long airports are not a problem, except when you have to make a connecting flight.

São Paulo International Airport - T3 - June 2013

saopaulo_aerea_aeroportogarulhos-058.jpg

saopaulo_aerea_aeroportocumbica-005.jpg

May 2014

aero20140417_0008.jpg

arq_53596.jpg

gru0303.jpg

gru0363.jpg

Brasília Airport - June 2013

brasilia_aerea_aeroportojk-1879.jpg

brasilia_aerea_aeroportojk-1863.jpg

April 2014

Aeroporto-de-Brasilia_Homesite-e14041494

04162014_pier_sul_inauguracao_820.jpg

14659272720_03cc7c19c3_h.jpg

AEROPORTO%20AEREA%20NOVO.jpg

2102.jpg

• Like 1

Actually the long airports are not a problem, except when you have to make a connecting flight.

That's when they should call for those golf carts...and I think...or hope the various gates call ahead to let the waiting ones know that one jet has just landed and there are some passengers trying to connect to X flight.

'We had less disease than in Europe', says British Medical candle

The medical director of the British sailing team, Paul Mullan, said athletes from his country had fewer symptoms of diseases in Guanabara Bay than in competitions in Europe.
The British team, one of the world's major trains since 2013 in the bay, as well as other teams. According to Mullan, "every sport based on water has an inherent risk." The test event mode starts on Saturday (15).
"The reality is that we had less disease in Rio than we had in our European rays. Some of our routines, practices, habits and experiences that we have adopted-as supplements to boost immunity doctors- helped us take something that seems to be working "he said in e-mail to Folha.
  • Like 1

Yest I will.

1. Where is Europe :lol:

2. Some folks are trying to do the political thing and damp down the filthy water concern.......lets be honest. All the same people said conflicting info......they are many many things I can post if you like but I'm trying to not flood ya cuz I know you know the truth.

Yest I will.

2. Some folks are trying to do the political thing and damp down the filthy water concern.......lets be honest. All the same people said conflicting info......they are many many things I can post if you like but I'm trying to not flood ya cuz I know you know the truth.

1. :lol:

2. :lol:

Which venues are within walking distance to one another?

All inside the Olympic Park.

All inside Deodoro Park.

Maracanã Stadium and Maracanãzinho Arena are in the same place.

Beach Volleyball and Triathlon and Marathon Swimming are nearby.

Sailing event and road cycling are in the same park.

• Like 1

Yest I will.

What people like you, i mean, all the world, will think when they see the pollution the sensationalist media showed is not so horrible like they show? For example, in this video:

All inside the Olympic Park.

All inside Deodoro Park.

Maracanã Stadium and Maracanãzinho Arena are in the same place.

Beach Volleyball and Triathlon and Marathon Swimming are nearby.

Sailing event and road cycling are in the same park.

Didn't they move the road race to Fort Copacabana?

What people like you, i mean, all the world, will think when they see the pollution the sensationalist media showed is not so horrible like they show? For example, in this video:

I was reading a nice article explaining about how the quality of the water changes in winter due the lack of rain. It's, actually, the part of the year, the waters in Guanabara Bay entrance are cleaner.

Still, I repeat, Olympic Games is a lost chance to clean the entire Guanabara Bay... Pity.

• Like 1

Yes, it seems the time of year, a person's immune system, whether there's been storms or not all have an effect. I've read some sailors saying it's cleaner than parts of Europe used for sailing and that they have no worries, others saying they got very ill.

It seems clear Brazil didn't meet its promise to clean up the waters by 2016. It also seems like you'd be a bit unlucky to get ill from the waters, but that it is possible to do so.

Hence the differing opinions depending who you ask!

Brazil needs to do as much as possible in the next year - that's all it can do - and keep its fingers crossed no athletes get ill.

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 1

Yes, it seems the time of year, a person's immune system, whether there's been storms or not all have an effect. I've read some sailors saying it's cleaner than parts of Europe used for sailing and that they have no worries, others saying they got very ill.

It seems clear Brazil didn't meet its promise to clean up the waters by 2016. It also seems like you'd be a bit unlucky to get ill from the waters, but that it is possible to do so.

Hence the differing opinions depending who you ask!

Brazil needs to do as much as possible in the next year - that's all it can do - and keep its fingers crossed no athletes get ill.

That's a balanced comment I totally agree.

I think, Rob, during the Olympic Games, by paying tons of $$$$$$ to use ecobarriers and doing temporary measures, the waters will be fine for the competition. What is lost is legacy.

That's a chance lost to finally clean the bay and solve this environmental issue.