Rio 2016 Preparations - Venue & Infrastructure Developments

Basically, in the minds of Danny, Bezzi, Victor Mata etc, no one can criticise Rio 2016's delays. We have to be naive and hide the facts to please them.

Ok, we're late. The games will take place only in 2017.

Bezzi, you have even been caught out before on SSC for being naive.

Basically, in the minds of Danny, Bezzi, Victor Mata etc, no one can criticise Rio 2016's delays. We have to be naive and hide the facts to please them.

Bezzi, you have even been caught out before on SSC for being naive.

WOOOOOO!

And yet mention London's shortcomings you jump up and down...

That was a totally inflammatory comment to make there Tony. Expect hostile replies for that!

• Like 1

That was a totally inflammatory comment to make there Tony. Expect hostile replies for that!

And now I get why everybody is absolutely rude, condescending and all the time insulting Tony or patronizing him… :P …sorry guys, be yourselves and keep giving what he deserves.

I think it is a normal reaction for anybody to defend your country when someone is judging it based on clichés most of the times , just like our mates from Brazil do. At least they don't cry out against others: Stop criticising our media! …sorry, I meant… country! :rolleyes:

I usually receive (and not just me, but others around) unwelcome comments when I express I'm not fan of any American Olympic edition or point out their failures while they hosted. Then I realise that they have the right to strike back, after all it's the place where they're fed.

• Like 3

And now I get why everybody is absolutely rude, condescending and all the time insulting Tony or patronizing him… :P …sorry guys, be yourselves and keep giving what he deserves.

I think it is a normal reaction for anybody to defend your country when someone is judging it based on clichés most of the times , just like our mates from Brazil do. At least they don't cry out against others: Stop criticising our media! …sorry, I meant… country! :rolleyes:

I usually receive (and not just me, but others around) unwelcome comments when I express I'm not fan of any American Olympic edition or point out their failures while they hosted. Then I realise that they have the right to strike back, after all it's the place where they're fed.

Good points...but track back through some of these tit for tat posters histories and you'll always see nationalistic trends...However when members bring bad blood over from other sites and stir the pot here, then you can see why people get angry with a certain few.

God save our gracious Queen!

Anyway, my post before came across wrong. I'm sorry people, I didn't mean it like that and me and Danny have sorted things out I believe.

If that's Posted towards me, then your point is wrong, because I'm English, not American.

Read carefully, I'm not mentioning whether you are an American or not. It's just and example when many Americans here tried to shut my mouth up when I said anything about the mess in 1976 when Denver withdrew, Lake Placid's problems in 1980, how expensive and abusive were in LA'84 trying to charge for the Olympic torch relay, transport problems and terrorism in Atlanta or the corruption scandals in SLC 2002.

What I'm saying is that the Brazilians and in certain moments when the Turkish tried to defend their position for Istanbul in the 2020 race.

About you, now I understand why most of people here treat you like a retard… all those non-sense comments you post here set anybody's teeth on their edge.

Read carefully, I'm not mentioning whether you are an American or not. It's just and example when many Americans here tried to shut my mouth up when I said anything about the mess in 1976 when Denver withdrew, Lake Placid's problems in 1980, how expensive and abusive were in LA'84 trying to charge for the Olympic torch relay, transport problems and terrorism in Atlanta or the corruption scandals in SLC 2002.

What I'm saying is that the Brazilians and in certain moments when the Turkish tried to defend their position for Istanbul in the 2020 race.

About you, now I understand why most of people here treat you like a retard… all those non-sense comments you post here set anybody's teeth on their edge.

My post before came across wrong. I might have a Mental Illness, but I'm not a retard. I suppose anyone will be defensive for their Country.

Guys, please!

I might have a Mental Illness, but I'm not a retard.

Instead of fight with Tony or keep endless arguments why Rio preparations are delayed, let's just discuss how amazing is to take pictures at the sunset in Rio?

amazing_rio_de_janeiro_sunset_full_hd_wi

Rio-de-Janeiro-Sights-Brazil-Sunset-875x

rio_de_janeiro_sunset_by_scwl-d6i0e96.jp

IMG_1621.JPG

o-SUNSET-OVER-RIO-DE-JANEIRO-facebook.jp

Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

Danny, the photos are pretty, but what do they have to do with "Rio 2016 Preparations -- Venues & Infrastructure." That's the title of the thread.

Perhaps you could start another thread called "Postcards from Rio."

As for a certain someone, if we all put him on ignore, it will be as if he isn't even here. Don't get sucked in!

I know Athens' Post is directed towards me. Don't get sucked in? I'm not the one who's posted off-topic Pictures. Athens, ignore me, I don't care, but don't try and brainwash others.

My post before came across wrong. I might have a Mental Illness, but I'm not a retard. I suppose anyone will be defensive for their Country.

Tourettes is a neurological disorder, not a mental illness.

Tourettes is a neurological disorder, not a mental illness.

I also have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), which has been verified by Professional Psychologists. I'm on Medication for the OCD and Tourettes also,

Correction: Also.

Guys, please let's leave personal medical conditions of everybody out of the discussion.

The level of discussion is getting really low now.

Athensfan, the pics were a subtle message to move forward, I thought you would get it.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Athensfan, the pics were a subtle message to move forward, I thought you would get it.

I get exactly what you're doing.

You can't bear talking about the missing venues and disappointing organization so you posted some pretty pictures instead. It really wasn't very subtle and it still makes no sense in this thread.