Rio 2016 Preparations - Venue & Infrastructure Developments

Still, they are not a developed country.

First, it's 2 trillion produced by only 200 million Brazilians against 8 trillion made by 1.3 billion people.

Most of their cities (not talking about their "world cities") are far worse than Brazilian ones (HDI shows it).

And the percentage of Chinese living in misery makes Brazil look a Scadinavian nation.

USA does not have a nationwide high speed rail and I do think USA is far more developed than China.

Still, useless comparision.

And I'd rather all freedom I have and some troubles to solve than to be a Chinese living in a military/ international organizations power but with all restrictions Chinese have.

They are 1.3 billion and how many Chineses people are here in GB?

Maybe GB is blocked there....

About relevance, nothing to discuss. With 1.3 billion people, being commies with nukes, and being the biggest creditor of USA, yes they are the 2nd most relevant country to the world by no doubts.

I'd rather soccer and beer in a sunny sunday than be proud about nukes, really. (Just as a fact, Brazil is the 3rd biggest creditor nation to USA)

I'm Chinese...

Still, they are not a developed country.

First, it's 2 trillion produced by only 200 million Brazilians against 8 trillion made by 1.3 billion people.

Most of their cities (not talking about their "world cities") are far worse than Brazilian ones (HDI shows it).

And the percentage of Chinese living in misery makes Brazil look a Scadinavian nation.

USA does not have a nationwide high speed rail and I do think USA is far more developed than China.

Still, useless comparision.

And I'd rather all freedom I have and some troubles to solve than to be a Chinese living in a military/ international organizations power but with all restrictions Chinese have.

They are 1.3 billion and how many Chineses people are here in GB?

Maybe GB is blocked there....

About relevance, nothing to discuss. With 1.3 billion people, being commies with nukes, and being the biggest creditor of USA, yes they are the 2nd most relevant country to the world by no doubts.

I'd rather soccer and beer in a sunny sunday than be proud about nukes, really. (Just as a fact, Brazil is the 3rd biggest creditor nation to USA)

1) Having a nationwide high speed rail network does not make you a developed country (the US has it's other reasons to be considered "developed")

2) China is not that much of a military/organization power type of country (and it seems very biased that you are naming all of China's citizens "Commies" just because China's government is)

3) Chinese citizens do have some "freedom" and it is not like the communism you imagine (I've been to China and although I don't love it, it was okay (It's not like the citizens were slaves)

4) China's prized possessions aren't just Nukes and THE GLORIOUS AND ALL POWERFUL PRESIDENT XI JINPING (I mean we have beat the US in green energy)

5) Have you ever been to China? Like seriously, you can tell the serious differences (like the smog, but there are also technological differences [better subways, etc]). Judging China just on statistics is biased and would be equal to if we judged Brazil on statistic (and we all know you're very quick to defend whenever other Gamesbidders do that)

6) Even if Brazil is the third biggest creditor of the USA, China's still first :P

7) Guess where your phone was made...

It makes no sense to compare very different countries with their own traditions, strengths and weaknesses. China due to its characteristics is unique in that it has the resources to do things that probably no other country can achieve. There is a price for it in a lack of individual rights and the horrendous pollution though. In any case it would be extremely narrow-minded to think that the organization of great Olympic games constitutes to an overall development of such a huge country.

As for Rio, I think only time will tell and in little less than two and half years we'll know for sure how it all went. Until then we can mostly just speculate and I for sure won't say anything definitive. It is alarming though that even Danny is admitting that there are some very worrying signs. Mind you, even when the World Cup preparations didn't seem to advance properly I expected the stadiums to be ready in time and I never thought that they would go down to the wire the way it has happened.

• Like 1

7) Guess where your phone was made...

It's an Iphone and says "Designed in California Indústria Brasileira".

My wife's is a Samsung S4 and guess what?

"Produzido na Zona Franca de Manaus".

Sorry, Brazil also make cellphones, actually

You guys knows as much about South America as Nasa knows about Exoplanets.

It makes no sense to compare very different countries with their own traditions, strengths and weaknesses. China due to its characteristics is unique in that it has the resources to do things that probably no other country can achieve. There is a price for it in a lack of individual rights and the horrendous pollution though. In any case it would be extremely narrow-minded to think that the organization of great Olympic games constitutes to an overall development of such a huge country.

I'm over too about discussing China, a developing country where government still blocks GamesBids for access inside its territory.

Sent from my Iphone made in Brazil.

Tomorrow forecast in Santos: sunny/clear sky

It's an Iphone and says "Designed in California Indústria Brasileira".

My wife's is a Samsung S4 and guess what?

"Produzido na Zona Franca de Manaus".

Sorry, Brazil also make cellphones, actually

You guys knows as much about South America as Nasa knows about Exoplanets.

I'm glad everything is not made in Chi - town, but boy oh boy! i can't wait till China has her recession at the end of this year, the peoples reaction will be priceless! Even better the rest of the world will be recovering and China will be all by itself.

• Like 1

Better late then never I suppose. Brazil is Speeding up it's Preparations for the 2014 Fifa World Cup, so maybe they might start Speeding up Preparations for Rio 2016.

Better late then never I suppose. Brazil is Speeding up it's Preparations for the 2014 Fifa World Cup, so maybe they might start Speeding up Preparations for Rio 2016.

Well, if some people can pack "four months" into two hours....time passes quickly...

• Like 1

I'm over too about discussing China, a developing country where government still blocks GamesBids for access inside its territory.

Sent from my Iphone made in Brazil.

Tomorrow forecast in Santos: sunny/clear sky

Actually: http://www.blockedinchina.net/?siteurl=gamesbids.com

Please do your research before claiming a certain site is blocked in China

Yeah, actually, I think we have more members in China than we do from Japan.

Good news!

So, it seems China is truly developing... Now, they need to get access to a big list of blocked sites.

Please do your research before

You can now taste the feeling of reading something not checked...

Now the score is DannyelBrazil 1 v 3,454 Bullshits about Brazil

BTW, sent from my Iphone "Designed by Apple in California Indústria Brasileira"

http://oglobo.globo.com/rio/ex-moradores-da-vila-autodromo-festejam-vida-no-parque-carioca-12311245

Published today, this article shows Paque Carioca, new home for 900 families removed from Vila Autódromo shantytown in Barra. If someone wants to compare Parque Carioca to Vila Autódromo, just go to Google images.

Great stuff, but, for sure, no International press will show it. Only disgrace about eviction of "millions" (like one guy in CNN said) as always.

• Like 1

BTW, sent from my Iphone "Designed by Apple in California Indústria Brasileira"

1) I'm sorry about the everything-is-made-in-china post >.< I was very angered by the fact that you called me a "commie" (even though you did it indirectly)

2) "Designed by..." doesn't necessarily mean "Made in..."

1) I'm sorry about the everything-is-made-in-china post >.< I was very angered by the fact that you called me a "commie" (even though you did it indirectly)

2) "Designed by..." doesn't necessarily mean "Made in..."

1. At no point I said all Chinese people is communist or part of. It's impossible to discover it for several reasons and probably most of Chinese enjoy more the now-a-days Chinese Capitalist system than the old communist one.

I was talking about the government, for geopolitics, China is "commies with nukes" (speciall from an American POV).

For me, it's clear that in every single country of the world, government is one thing, people is other. And usually the second one suffers because of the shits the first one does (and in Brazil specially).

Indeed, I don't agree with many thing USA government does to the world, but at same point, I just love USA and American people.

2. "Designed by Apple in California. Indústria Brasileira."

Indústria Brasileira is the South American version for "Made in Brazil".

We don't use "Feito no Brasil" or "Hecho en Argentina" but "Industria Argentina" or "Indústria Brasileira".

;)

Still the information is also in English in the boxes, so, no our cellphones are not made in China.

foto-3-640x856.jpg

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Any updates on the Joao Havelange Stadium that is supposed to be for the athletics events? I remember I think it was last year that the stadium was closed because of deficiencies in the roof structure. Haas that been fixed and have they started adding the additional seating?

Any updates on the Joao Havelange Stadium that is supposed to be for the athletics events? I remember I think it was last year that the stadium was closed because of deficiencies in the roof structure. Haas that been fixed and have they started adding the additional seating?

22-03-2014-01-03-03-um-ano-sem-engenhao-

Published today by Lance!Net (http://ndonline.com.br/florianopolis/esportes/153155-um-ano-sem-engenhao--responsavel-diz-que-ferrugem-nao-ameaca-cobertura.html) Google translator

"Flavio D'Alambert, the engineer responsible for the project team that developed Engenhão´s coverage said that the rust that was seen at various points of the arcs of the stadium before the reform did not threaten the structure.
- The arcs are of weathering steel, it creates a patina which prevents corrosion. So even if you create a crust of corrosion (rust), the structure is not in danger of concussions. Does not, however, preclude a painting - explained to LANCE Net, referring to preventive maintenance:
- Maintenance is key. In addition to preventive, there are corrective. We did an action of this kind in coverage because of various balloons fell on the stadium."

1. At no point I said all Chinese people is communist or part of. It's impossible to discover it for several reasons and probably most of Chinese enjoy more the now-a-days Chinese Capitalist system than the old communist one.

I was talking about the government, for geopolitics, China is "commies with nukes" (speciall from an American POV).

For me, it's clear that in every single country of the world, government is one thing, people is other. And usually the second one suffers because of the shits the first one does (and in Brazil specially).

Indeed, I don't agree with many thing USA government does to the world, but at same point, I just love USA and American people.

2. "Designed by Apple in California. Indústria Brasileira."

Indústria Brasileira is the South American version for "Made in Brazil".

We don't use "Feito no Brasil" or "Hecho en Argentina" but "Industria Argentina" or "Indústria Brasileira".

;)

Still the information is also in English in the boxes, so, no our cellphones are not made in China.

foto-3-640x856.jpg

Ohhhhh.. I see. I'm soooooo sorry >.<

• Like 1

22-03-2014-01-03-03-um-ano-sem-engenhao-

Published today by Lance!Net (http://ndonline.com.br/florianopolis/esportes/153155-um-ano-sem-engenhao--responsavel-diz-que-ferrugem-nao-ameaca-cobertura.html) Google translator

"Flavio D'Alambert, the engineer responsible for the project team that developed Engenhão´s coverage said that the rust that was seen at various points of the arcs of the stadium before the reform did not threaten the structure.
- The arcs are of weathering steel, it creates a patina which prevents corrosion. So even if you create a crust of corrosion (rust), the structure is not in danger of concussions. Does not, however, preclude a painting - explained to LANCE Net, referring to preventive maintenance:
- Maintenance is key. In addition to preventive, there are corrective. We did an action of this kind in coverage because of various balloons fell on the stadium."

:blink: seriously? just slap some paint on it and move on after all that?