Rio 2016 Preparations - Venue & Infrastructure Developments

The Architects could of done a bit better with the Rio 2016 Aquatics Centre Design, in terms of it's shape, just a rectangle. They could of done a more irregular shape, with water running along the roof.

The Architects could of done a bit better with the Rio 2016 Aquatics Centre Design, in terms of it's shape, just a rectangle. They could of done a more irregular shape, with water running along the roof.

Shape ain't everything. Beijing had an amazing aquatics venue, and it was a rectangular prism as well. Although, I agree, it is a fairly plain building.

Shape ain't everything. Beijing had an amazing aquatics venue, and it was a rectangular prism as well. Although, I agree, it is a fairly plain building.

I do agree with you, Beijing was an amazing Aquatics Centre, with it's Bubble Roof and Facade, but if you just covered that Aquatics Centre in Glass, it wouldn't be a 'Wow' design. I love my Architecture, so I can be very critical with designs, I analyse the shape, layout, material use, promenade and facilities. I could be called bias, but my London Aquatics Centre is the best Aquatics Centre I have seen at an Olympic Games. Again, just my personal preference, people might think and see differently.

I do agree with you, Beijing was an amazing Aquatics Centre, with it's Bubble Roof and Facade, but if you just covered that Aquatics Centre in Glass, it wouldn't be a 'Wow' design. I love my Architecture, so I can be very critical with designs, I analyse the shape, layout, material use, promenade and facilities. I could be called bias, but my London Aquatics Centre is the best Aquatics Centre I have seen at an Olympic Games. Again, just my personal preference, people might think and see differently.

it sound so odd when you put MY in front of London, Architecture, and London Aquatics Center.

just a friendly observation

it sound so odd when you put MY in front of London, Architecture, and London Aquatics Center.

just a friendly observation

I just love my city. Lol, I done it again.

Well, the works are a bit slow lately due heavy rains in Rio. It's summer serious storm season in the city...

Take a look on the newscast with glass studio...

Scary!

The thunder sonds in the background are frightening...

Edited by DannyelBrazil

The original proposal was far superior than what actualized. The same could be said for the entire park.

The original proposal was far superior than what actualized. The same could be said for the entire park.

Yeah. I can't wait until we see the final design of Tokyo 2020's Venues.

No because the birds will come and **** all over the spectators and athletes. :rolleyes:

Lol. Seriously, indoor Aquatics Centre's are much better and original.

Personal taste. As long as you have a decent climate, I think I prefer outdoor for aquatics. It worked well enough in Athens.

It also worked just fine for the FINA Championships in Rome. Plus, it's a way to keep costs down.

I do recall swimmers complaining that enclosed pools are more conducive to swimming record times, but breaking records has turned into such a hair-splitting exercise anyway, that I'm not sure that's too big a deal.

Aren't the swimming events taking place indoors? Maria Lenk is being used for diving.

Agreed, and some of the renders I've seen make for some great pictures!

lets not forget some of the most iconic olympic images ever took place because of an outdoor diving facility

Edited by 4gamesandcounting

Outdoor for Rio makes sense with its great climate! I wish Sydney had used the North Sydney Pool, right under the Harbour Bridge, as the 2nd Water Polo venue, it would have looked amzing on TV.

I've actually wondered why the North Sydney Pool wasn't converted for use as the diving pool for the 2000 Olympics. While Homebush is an amazing venue, it would have offered the 2000 Games a similar perspective as the famous diving events from Barcelona. Missed opportunity:

1894259499_219263baf7_z1-608x456.jpg

Rio is going to be absolutely incredible.

Ah! Wonderful memories of the Fort. :rolleyes: I visited there on the afternoon just before the opening of the PanAms then we got stuck in traffic and barely got to the stadium in time. I had to change clothes in the line to the stadium gates, right in front of the Canadian delegation bus. It's my Rio 2007 story.

Really worth the visit and a very scenic site for olympic diving.