Rio 2016 Preparations - Venue & Infrastructure Developments

I have nothing to "iatch" about...

USA did the two events two years apart and it was not in the 70s...

Still, I'd like to read the link about the speech from IOC president... "He said something" and no link available means nothing to me.

70's in the sense both events were smaller. The Usa has the biggest economy in the world so not a surprise they did that.

Besides, Atlanta wasn't even among the WC host cities and the stadiums and other infastructure were ready and in place for 1994 well before the tournament with no need for major construction projects. It's funny but as I recall I didn't even realize or consciously think at the time about US hosting both events within such short time. I guess with Germany and Mexico it would have been different. Those two, especially Mexico, are better examples to compare with Brazil,and even though the competitions were smaller the organising countries were also smaller than Brazil. Of course it would have been ideal to wait for a decade or two before Brazil hosted these events but in a way, as I wasn't there to witness 1968-1974, I like the idea that at least once in our lifetimes I see a rising power being put in the limelight twice in only two years.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

BARRA CLUSTER WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

The preparations International media is not interested on showing...

More videos on the works made by Rio City administration on:
http://www.youtube.com/user/riocidadeolimpica?feature=watch

Worths a visit

BARRA CLUSTER WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

The preparations International media is not interested on showing...

More videos on the works made by Rio City administration on:

http://www.youtube.com/user/riocidadeolimpica?feature=watch

Worths a visit

Hopefully, I will be attending Rio 2016 for the Volunteering Program, and although I was sad about my London games being over, I am happy for the city of Rio de Janeiro.

I also saw the Loser Entrants Videos of the Olympic Park, and I felt in an Architectural way, that the 3rd Place Entry was my favourite, the 1st place was my 2nd favourite and the 2nd place was my 3rd favourite.

How is Construction progressing on the Barra Olympic Park?

Can you stop bumping threads? Super annoying.

If someone has info, pics, etc... it is not as if they're going to withhold it - it will be posted on here when available.. so no need for you to continue to ask these update questions, it is pointless.

• Like 2

Can you stop bumping threads? Super annoying.

If someone has info, pics, etc... it is not as if they're going to withhold it - it will be posted on here when available.. so no need for you to continue to ask these update questions, it is pointless.

Calm down. I only asked. Don't throw a tantrum.