Argentina-Uruguay 2030

Sir Rols

Yea seriously.. We're supposed to take the Argentine FA's president at his word that FIFA wants the World Cup in Argentina. No, sure Julio, we totally but that one from you.

Cute discussion you naive people had in the previous pages. I just checked it. The cherry on the cake was the collective "who the **** is grondona..." reaction on this page hehe.

FIFA is a family and Don Júlio Grondona is a very liked grandfather.

p.s. he likes to be called Don, btw.

Uruguay? Only 2 or 3 cities can host a World Cup there. We can host it on ourslves ;) and let Montevideo the opening match.

"Don Julio Grondona" is already lobbying for the World Cup, he even told a few days ago it was a fact.

It doesn't matter if it makes sense or its more appealing or not people. wtf?

Uruguay is the 2030 hoster to celebrate the centennial mark of the first world cup. Since they can't do that alone anymore, they'll share with argentina.

Makes sense. Both countries have similar cultures, share the same languages, are close to eachother - much closer than the Amazonas - Porto Alegre, two host cities in the next world cup, etc.

They'll delivery an incredible world cup and if god allows me, I'll be there.

• 2 weeks later...

China? England? Based on current rules, they cannot. As you can host provided that your Confederation has not hosted the last 2 World Cups. Rules out both of them completely.

I expect North America to get that WC, which allows for an Argentina/Uruguay bid for 2030 (which if not ready, would go to England).

Stupid rules. It should be like the Olympics, just put your proposal forward and if voting is anything to go by, as long as you're not in the same continent/confederation as the previous host, you have a chance.

• 5 weeks later...

FIFA have only one rule, Mr. David: If a rule gets in the way of the politiks, than that rule doesn't apply anymore.

2026 wont go to the Americas because '30 is going to Argeguai.

It needs to go back to central Europe or a big enough market like China.

Really? Why should 2030 go back to South America again for 2030 if the WC won't swing back to NORTH America for 2026 first? Unlike the IOC, at least FIFA recognizes SIX continental groupings, so...

2010 - Africa

2014 - your So. America

2018 - Europe - Russia

2022 - if it's NOT changed, Asia - Qatar..

so where do you think the next one goes? No. America - USA. Duh!! . :rolleyes:

FIFA have only one rule, Mr. David: If a rule gets in the way of the politiks, than that rule doesn't apply anymore.

The United States and all the television/advertising dollars here aren't a big enough market? And FIFA has a "need" to go to big markets, but they're going to go to Argentina/Uruguay for 2030 because it sounds nice for the centennial World Cup? If FIFA is as corrupt as we all know they are, they're not going to operate like that. They're not going to change the rules to suit their politics when everyone knows and sees what a total clusterfuck Qatar 2022 is. Assuming they can't get out of that historically bad decision, that means Asia is out for 2026. Unless they decide it's only the last confederation that can't get the World Cup, not the last 2, that knocks out Europe. Besides, what's the point in closing off the competition for 2030 if all it's going to do is muck up the field for other future hosts and eliminate the bribery and other crap that they know will come from other countries bidding.

China? England? Based on current rules, they cannot. As you can host provided that your Confederation has not hosted the last 2 World Cups. Rules out both of them completely.

I expect North America to get that WC, which allows for an Argentina/Uruguay bid for 2030 (which if not ready, would go to England).

Stupid rules. It should be like the Olympics, just put your proposal forward and if voting is anything to go by, as long as you're not in the same continent/confederation as the previous host, you have a chance.

I'm pretty sure that rule has now been scrapped. It served it's purpose and got the World Cup into Asia, Africa and back to South America. I suspect if FIFA want to return to South America for the 100th anniversary in 2030 they'll be open to European bids for 2026.

• 2 weeks later...

Really? Why should 2030 go back to South America again for 2030 if the WC won't swing back to NORTH America for 2026 first? Unlike the IOC, at least FIFA recognizes SIX continental groupings, so...

2010 - Africa

2014 - your So. America

2018 - Europe - Russia

2022 - if it's NOT changed, Asia - Qatar..

so where do you think the next one goes? No. America - USA. Duh!! . :rolleyes:

FIFA doesn't recognizes ****. lol. You people are getting this wrong.

The dogma is: 2030 is going to Argeguai. That's pacified, IMHO.

Now, based on that fact, I strongly believe they would no go to the Americas in 2026. England needs their world cup, China too. That's why I also strongly believe they are the favorites.

If England bids for 2026 they can only lose to China. A. because I doubt USA executives (after South Lake City) will try to bribe FIFA members, that's already a huge disadvantage and they wont have the 'natural' support of many countries. The entire conmebol will vote against USA. Some CONCACAF members will too... Central Europe will be on a big wait, the biggest since the 2nd world war. So Europe will try to recompensate the arrogant Britties for getting robbed of the 2018 WC. Asians, Africans voting for USA? lol.

Without bribes, it wont be possible. Trust me.

I'm pretty sure that rule has now been scrapped. It served it's purpose and got the World Cup into Asia, Africa and back to South America. I suspect if FIFA want to return to South America for the 100th anniversary in 2030 they'll be open to European bids for 2026.

Yep. I was surprised a smart cat like Baron mentioning this.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2007/10/29/uk-soccer-fifa-rotation-idUKL2941735420071029

2030 is going to Argeguai. That's pacified, IMHO.

IMO too.

The lobby have been big from our "south brothers" since some years and it will only grow... And I think FIFA will pay tribute to the 100th anniversay of the World Cup send the event to Uruguay and Argentina.

Not to mention, both countries have 4 World Cup titles, 4 Olympic titles and Argentina and Uruguay are the biggest winners of South American Copa America (Yeah, in the 30s to 60s Brazil didn't pay much attention to bad organized tournaments).

For FIFA these kind of (useless or not) tradition matters... The 100th anniversary of Brazilian FA was enough to use as excuse to give the 2014 World Cup to South America with Brazil as sole bidder...

• 3 months later...

I'll just quote myself from another thread here and the post that I answered to:

I would change two things. Buenos Aires can have two stadiums, and instead of Quilmes I'd choose Vélez Sarsfield's José Amalfitani which has an easier access (next to a railway line and two important avenues) and is arguably more modern. It was also used for the 1978 WC and was the main venue in the U-20 World Championhips in 2001. Although Quilmes is not part of the actual city of Buenos Aires, it's part of the greater metropolitan area.

Even if Santa Fe could be an option, it's in the same province as Rosario. I'd rather see the competition spread to the north west and Salta. Firstly, Salta is an important tourist city and could maybe better take care of the visitors than Santa Fe. It's also a very attractive city with a pleasant climate, which is a factor considering that this would be a winter World Cup. The city has quite a new stadium, built for the 2001 competition that I mentioned earlier and used for Copa América 2011. It could have a temporary enlargement, but there's no need for roof because it very rarely rains in Salta in June-July.

I guess every one of 1978 sites should be used to minimize the risk of white elephants. They are all being used regularly anyway and just need renovation. Generally stadiums in Argentina need to be updated so this could provide an opportunity to do that. Uruguay should find a two or three modern stadiums useful too, at least in Montevideo.

Sorry, I messed up. I meant to post this in another topic.

• 10 months later...
Chile reveal intent to bid for 2030 World Cup

Re-elected national football federation president Sergio Jadue says nation wants to host showpiece for second time

• AFP
  • Published: 14:50 November 4, 2014

Santiago: Chile are keen to host the 2030 World Cup finals, their newly re-elected football federation (ANFP) president announced on Monday.

Sergio Jadue, who was re-elected to his post as president of the ANFP on Monday, said they could do it either on their own — which would be the second time in their history as they hosted the 1962 finals — or jointly with Uruguay.

“We have spoken with all the main people, the president of Conmebol [the regional confederation], the president of Fifa [sepp Blatter] and members of the Fifa executive committee about the possibility of hosting it either alone or with Uruguay,” Jadue said after the election, where he was the only candidate.

Jadue said he would be in a better position to focus on the possibility of hosting the 2030 edition after Chile organises next year’s Copa America and the Under-17 World Championships.

“If we succeed with the Copa and the Under-17 tournament that will give us a solid base to bid when it becomes South America’s turn once again to host the World Cup,” he said.

Both Uruguay and Argentina, who hosted them in 1978, have already expressed their interest in bidding for the 2030 finals, which will be the 100th anniversary of the inaugural edition, which the Uruguayans hosted.

AFP

http://gulfnews.com/sport/football/chile-reveal-intent-to-bid-for-2030-world-cup-1.1407967

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Eventually Argentina and Uruguay have joined hands together to bid for 2030 world cup hosting. Both countries president met each other to make it happened.

FIFA can award 100th edition of world cup to these nations by following the fact that inaugural football world cup was hosted by Uruguay in 1930.

Source: http://www.sportsmirchi.com/argentina-uruguay-to-bid-jointly-for-2030-fifa-world-cup/