• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I got bored of waiting to get ticket holders off the 2012 website so Ive made my own. Bought official Lanyards, found plastic ticket holders then branded the holder up myself. Blank one side and

Just got my Paralympics email. I got Opening, closing ceremonies and athletics with the 100m final woo hoo.

OMG!!! I got 2x £20.12 Opening Ceremony tickets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it I am going to the opening ceremony!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Yes, that was also the same experience of the British 'ticket hunters' who contacted Viagens Cosmos. Even though the BBC journalist had been told there were tickets available, everybody who then contacted Viagens Cosmos received a reply 'we don't have that one available'. So it is interesting to hear that even the locals in Portugal are experiencing the same frustration!

Yes... :unsure: i´m very disappointed with Cosmos...asked for more judo tickets and no answer !! And they did not buy any ticket for the Opening Ceremony...they just ordered to some VIP...unfortunately I´m not a VIP or a Portuguese Olympic Committee member so i have no tickets for the OC...maybe in 2016 i will realize one of my big dreams.. :mellow:

Well Im now posting my Slovakian application as they wont accept email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had the same 'Undelivered email' - so tried again several times on Monday morning before giving up. Apparently they received 700 applications before the Inbox crashed, although I haven't heard myself of a single person who got through.

I read that Slovakia had a total of approx. 10,000 tickets of which I think 40% were available for individual sale. How much more then should France (Eventeam) have? I reckon maybe 30,000 to 40,000, though they seem to have sold only a fraction of that so far. So I wonder whether, either towards the end of 2011 or beginning of 2012, there'll be a lot lot more on sale from France. I hope so for the sake of all of us.

oooh were there French tickets available today, I check regularly and theres always only football

Others (though not me) who are very observant have noticed that when Eventeam add them, they appear at about 6am to 7am UK time. Apparently this was the case last Wednesday (probably a 'one year to go' release), and by 7.30am (UK time) the website had frozen. But I predict there still may be a lot lot more to come from them, including some good stuff - but I just don't know when.

Well its good to know I wasnt the only one. Did you post an application, I did although Im sure its a waste of time, only time will tell.

I sent my email dead on midnight, does that mean it was clogged by people applying beforehand, will they be void. Sometimes playing by the rules gets you nowhere does it!

I've not seen any mention of the "general admission" tickets that they were once talking about...

So you haven't got a ticket to a venue, however I'm sure they said you could get general admission to the park itself, and have a walk about and watch things on the big screens (maybe I imagined it!!!)

Also no mention yet of the London New years 2011 into 2012 celebration that was meant to be coming from the Olympic stadium (now I'm sure that was taked about approx. a year and a half ago)

I've not seen any mention of the "general admission" tickets that they were once talking about...

So you haven't got a ticket to a venue, however I'm sure they said you could get general admission to the park itself, and have a walk about and watch things on the big screens (maybe I imagined it!!!)

I think they were talking about the live site outside the olympic precincts.

Not the access to the olympic park

They were talking about just Olympic park tickets but last I heard still no desision had been made. I do think they wont do it. They are saying at least a 20 minute wait to access the venues/park anyway for security checks. If they open it up thats only gonna get worse. Its a pity but if you have a ticket for a venue, thats you in all day I pressume. They cant throw you out of the park LOL

I've got 2 places for athletics AT013 (cat D) (200m final, etc.) however my friend will no more come with me. If someone is interesting to trade 1 of this ticket against 1 place in athletics AT014, or to buy it, you can contact me !

Regards

D.

After much struggle and a couple of phonecalls, picked up 3 AT003 tix and 2 AT007. Chuffed to bits that a) have got a finals AT ticket and B) get to take my son (who will be 4 next summer) to a daytime AT session as well - and with Jess Ennis in the Hepthalon and Usain in the 100m heats !!!!

After much struggle and a couple of phonecalls, picked up 3 AT003 tix and 2 AT007. Chuffed to bits that a) have got a finals AT ticket and B) get to take my son (who will be 4 next summer) to a daytime AT session as well - and with Jess Ennis in the Hepthalon and Usain in the 100m heats !!!!

Where from though? And do they have any left?

Where from though? And do they have any left?

I hope he doesn't mind me answering on his behalf but he got them through Stars and Friends i.e. Slovakia reseller (I know because I followed his Twitter feed). There will be none left unless you managed to successfully sent your application on 1st Aug at midnight, in which case you have a very very slight chance (but most didn't submit successfully, including myself).

Theres a slightly cheaper Athletics package just gone on the Thomas Cook website. £289 I think for a morning athletics session and the mens quarter final Beach Volleyball. It includes a hotel. Considering the next package is £1500, I think they will go quick.

Does anyone know anything about Paralympic tickets and Dertour. Do they go on sale the day the Paralympic ballot starts at LOCOG, or is it after. I was a bit late to the Dertour site for the Olympic ticket sales start so dont know when the site went live.

I attended the Olympic test event on Wednesday at the Basketball Arena in the Olympic park. On arrival at stratford Regional Station we walked 10 min to the perimeter of the Olympic Park from where we were bussed in. Although many buildings are complete, the Park is very much still a construction site, with high fences, tight security, and much landscaping still needed.

We arrived at the Arena, note the 'skin' doesn't extend to the ground.

6060031265_13f41ae797.jpg

Outside Basketball Arena - Olympic Park by DrewLondon, on Flickr

The same 'skin' from just inside it (but still outside the 'inner core' of the building housing the arena itself).

6060031263_8e8e640b0a.jpg

Basketball Arena Skin from inside by DrewLondon, on Flickr

Sat up high (steep stairs) for the first game, Serbia vs China. Note gap between the court and seating, as noticed by another poster. Also note 'media rows' on far side of arena.

6060023159_1501b92103.jpg

Basketball Arena Test Event by DrewLondon, on Flickr

Moved for the Australia vs France game, sat in third row just behind the Australian team. This was the only side of the court where the feeling was 'intimate'. I zoomed to take this photo, but it felt close and I was still close enough to hear the chatter of individual players. Australian basketball fans may recognise Matt Nielsen.

6060031261_f53e28c0d5.jpg

View from third row by DrewLondon, on Flickr

NBA fans may recognise Tony Parker

6060031267_1a64cf0f85.jpg

Tony Parker and Patrick Mills by DrewLondon, on Flickr

Other observation - acoustics were horrible - whether up high or down low, I couldn't understand a word of what the court announcer was saying through the speakers.

I also attended the badminton test event (2011 World Championships) at Wembley Arena on Friday 12th. No photos allowed unfortunately, but the action was fast and exciting. I sat in what would be 'A' seats for the Games themselves, and had a good view, but the 'D' and 'E' seats would be far from the action and not worth it unless your heart is absolutely set on seeing it and higher categories are sold out/too expensive.

Whoops sorry meant to post that report to Test Events thread

I hope he doesn't mind me answering on his behalf but he got them through Stars and Friends i.e. Slovakia reseller (I know because I followed his Twitter feed). There will be none left unless you managed to successfully sent your application on 1st Aug at midnight, in which case you have a very very slight chance (but most didn't submit successfully, including myself).

Quite correct !!! It was more than a hassle, but when that envelope hits next Summer, it will be worth it !

Anyone that fancies it theres a quite cheap Athletics package appeared on the Thomas Cook website, just over £300 for two people including, a hockey prelim and a morning athletics ticket on the 4th meaning you will get to see Jesica Enis in Long jump and javelin. Get it while you can : )

http://www.thomascooklondon2012.com/2-events-1-night-county-hotel-woodford/2146

All sold out now

Edited by daveypodmore
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...