BECAREFUL ! That's not official

The London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Locog) said it was illegal to sell tickets at more than face value and that an official website will be set up next year for people to re-sell tickets they no longer want.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I got bored of waiting to get ticket holders off the 2012 website so Ive made my own. Bought official Lanyards, found plastic ticket holders then branded the holder up myself. Blank one side and

Just got my Paralympics email. I got Opening, closing ceremonies and athletics with the 100m final woo hoo.

OMG!!! I got 2x £20.12 Opening Ceremony tickets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it I am going to the opening ceremony!!!!!!! :D:D:D

For Singaporeans the next stage of tickets go on sale on Monday - they will also be selling Opening and Closing Ceremony and Mens 100m final tickets at www.kingdomsg.com. I have spoken to them about the sale of tickets and it looks like they will go fast

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but I'm a veteran at sports traveling.

London 2012 will be my 3rd summer Olympics, and I can't wait.

In 2004 & 2008 I went to around 25 events, most of them finals.

2012, as you all know, isn't easy, but I already got 19 events from various source - the 2012 lottery, DerTour, SportsWorld & CoSport.

I got some nice tickets including closing ceremony, 2 swimming finals, women's tennis final, 2 athletics finals, football final and lots of semis and 1/4s.

Though I feel lucky, I'm still not satisfied.

I bought 2 tickets for some of these events and I'd like to swap them since I'll only need one.

If someone is interested in swimming, tennis, football I got an extra ticket.

For the Judo on 2.8, men's soccer final and for semifinal handball & volleyball sessions for both men and women I got 2 tickets each to swap!

I'm looking for opening ceremony ticket (aren't we all..), other tennis & swimming sessions, gymnastics & athletics.

Let me know if you're interested.

Would only like to swap, not sell.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but I'm a veteran at sports traveling.

London 2012 will be my 3rd summer Olympics, and I can't wait.

In 2004 & 2008 I went to around 25 events, most of them finals.

2012, as you all know, isn't easy, but I already got 19 events from various source - the 2012 lottery, DerTour, SportsWorld & CoSport.

I got some nice tickets including closing ceremony, 2 swimming finals, women's tennis final, 2 athletics finals, football final and lots of semis and 1/4s.

Though I feel lucky, I'm still not satisfied.

I bought 2 tickets for some of these events and I'd like to swap them since I'll only need one.

If someone is interested in swimming, tennis, football I got an extra ticket.

For the Judo on 2.8, men's soccer final and for semifinal handball & volleyball sessions for both men and women I got 2 tickets each to swap!

I'm looking for opening ceremony ticket (aren't we all..), other tennis & swimming sessions, gymnastics & athletics.

Let me know if you're interested.

Would only like to swap, not sell.

I've got a spare Beach Volleyball ticket for session BV1 - swap it for a swimming !

I'm looking for opening ceremony ticket (aren't we all..),

No... Too expensive for what it is.... Much better on TV !

Sorry, not good enough.

I've been to one. Worth every penny.

Much better than on TV.

Beggars cant be choosers Sports Addicts

Think you will find most people will say that, for example, an opening ceremony ticket is worth a lot more than say a ticket to other events. There is a also the Cat of ticket to take into account.

I only have four events this time.

Track cycling preliminaries, swimming preliminaries, canoe slalom preliminaries and judo finals.

There's even nog athletics preliminaries ticket! I hope from begin next year the contingency tickets will be a solution to have a little bit more, like water polo, hockey or rowing. Gymnastics, athletics finals or ceremonies I can't believe anymore to still get it.

Only three sports haven't yet sold out in the large domestic ballot that accounts for most of the tickets. That's why it's successful. As Rogge said, that's unprecedented.

Can you name a sporting event anywhere in the world where that isn't the case?

Some people couldn't get tickets because demand was massive, and others got fewer than they normally would for the same reason. I don't quite know what you're expecting LOCOG or the IOC to do about that.

I know it's succesful because only three sports are not sold out yet. In Beijing it was not such problem to request A tickets for me, and a few others I know. Athens was more expensive than Beijing, but a way cheaper than London. 2.012 pounds is the most expensive category for the opening, that's two times as cheap as for other Games until now. So succesful in the way it is sold: yes. But in pricing policy: no.

With more cheaper A categories the requests will be more spread, and therefore there could be more ticketholders.

Anyone get any joy out of the swiss tickets this morning ?

Regarding the Swiss tickets, normally, they are not allowed to sell to non Switzerland's residents....

Regarding the Swiss tickets, normally, they are not allowed to sell to non Switzerland's residents....

Folllowed James Pearce (BBC Sport) for this one - reckons no issues

"Applied" for 2x C Cat CT002 tickets (hopefully 'Queen' Victoria Pendelton in the Kieran and Mens Pursuit final) - 410 CHF's, so roughly £155 for a £95 ticket, but if it gets me in....

Thanks for that ! Not on twitter, but good to know. Will the 1st Aug be by application form or by internet ? at least my form is in !!!

Sorry for delay in replying - have been on holiday. See http://www.adadouglas.com/olympictickets/pmwiki.php?n=Main.StarsAndFriends for info on Slovak reseller - requests are by order form from 1 Aug - see links down side of page for info on other EEA resellers - the site has been helpfully compiled by a Twitter user @nmdouglas . I wasn't a Twitter user prior to searching for Olympic tix, but it has become an invaluable source for finding out about sudden sales in places like Iceland, Switzerland etc.

• Like 1

SO, I had a look on the website from the Swiss Olympic's ATR.

And apparently, it is DERTOUR... so may be why they are selling tickets... the final invoice will be from Germany and not Swiss !

As, I confirmed what I wrote, according to IOC rules, the Swiss ATR is not allowed to sell outside Switzerland !

Sorry for delay in replying - have been on holiday. See http://www.adadouglas.com/olympictickets/pmwiki.php?n=Main.StarsAndFriends for info on Slovak reseller - requests are by order form from 1 Aug - see links down side of page for info on other EEA resellers - the site has been helpfully compiled by a Twitter user @nmdouglas . I wasn't a Twitter user prior to searching for Olympic tix, but it has become an invaluable source for finding out about sudden sales in places like Iceland, Switzerland etc.

Do you know if they will have tickets for the Opening Ceremony?! :unsure:

Do you know if they will have tickets for the Opening Ceremony?! :unsure:

I'm not sure - go to http://www.vstupenky.biz/vstupenky.aspx if you haven't already (you may need translators!) and click on the second link - it indicates B category available for Opening Ceremony. However I do not know if this is the final list for the ticket only sale on 1st Aug. It's worth checking back on 31st July for the final ticket list. To be honest, I'd be surprised if it becomes available, but fingers crossed! And despite what others have said, I believe it is worth going to an Opening Ceremony 'in the flesh' (I speak here from experience - Sydney 2000). Although at Sydney 2000, sitting low to the ground, I didn't have the superb view that the TV viewer has (I completely missed one or two effects due to the angle of view), nothing can beat the atmosphere of being there.

I'm not sure - go to http://www.vstupenky.biz/vstupenky.aspx if you haven't already (you may need translators!) and click on the second link - it indicates B category available for Opening Ceremony. However I do not know if this is the final list for the ticket only sale on 1st Aug. It's worth checking back on 31st July for the final ticket list. To be honest, I'd be surprised if it becomes available, but fingers crossed! And despite what others have said, I believe it is worth going to an Opening Ceremony 'in the flesh' (I speak here from experience - Sydney 2000). Although at Sydney 2000, sitting low to the ground, I didn't have the superb view that the TV viewer has (I completely missed one or two effects due to the angle of view), nothing can beat the atmosphere of being there.

Thank you....fingers crossed!...it´s a DREAM, a BIG DREAM with 14 years and 364 days...since Atlanta 1996... :)

i will see in august or in december/january (LOCOG)...

SO, I had a look on the website from the Swiss Olympic's ATR.

And apparently, it is DERTOUR... so may be why they are selling tickets... the final invoice will be from Germany and not Swiss !

As, I confirmed what I wrote, according to IOC rules, the Swiss ATR is not allowed to sell outside Switzerland !

This was globetrotter, not Dertour this time. Very limited availability.

SportWorld have allocated more tickets for those on the waiting list, so check you account if you were waitlisted.

Got 2 more Athletics tickets for the last 2 finals.

Already have tickets for 20 of my original 32!

Still looking for tickets for Opening, 100m final and Gymanstics & Swimming.

If someone has extras, I'd like to swap.

Your a lucky man.

Because this is my first Olympics Im attending most of the international sales have passed me by, I didnt know where to look and when. Its a pity this isnt a rehersal and its the real thing, they should do ticket selling Test Events so people can get up to speed LOL.

• Like 1

This was globetrotter, not Dertour this time. Very limited availability.

No watchout, Globetrotter is the hospitality agency, but the ticket agent is Dertour, even if you buy them through Globetrotter !

Your a lucky man.

Because this is my first Olympics Im attending most of the international sales have passed me by, I didnt know where to look and when. Its a pity this isnt a rehersal and its the real thing, they should do ticket selling Test Events so people can get up to speed LOL.

I agree wish i had gone in on the international sales early, instead of just getting some scraps. Still I think i got gymnastics and diving from Italy, got spare Mens Bronze basketball if anyone wants to swap something for that

Because this is my first Olympics Im attending most of the international sales have passed me by, I didnt know where to look and when.

Two observations from prior Olympics:

- There are always more tickets later. Demand seems extremly high for London 2012, so I expect fewer tickets to come up than usual. But there will be something

- You want to balance seeing events in person with enjoying the host city and Olympic experience. When in doubt, get fewer tickets rather than more.

• Like 2