150,000 people secure Olympic tickets in first phase of second chance sales...

Approximately 1.5 million Football tickets remain, with matches taking place at venues around the UK. Elsewhere, around 40,000 tickets are available for Volleyball sessions at Earls Court, while approximately 8,000 Wrestling (Freestyle) tickets are available for sessions at ExCeL. All other sports have no availability.

http://www.london2012.com/news/2011/07/150-000-people-secure-olympic-tickets-in-first-phase-of-.php

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I got bored of waiting to get ticket holders off the 2012 website so Ive made my own. Bought official Lanyards, found plastic ticket holders then branded the holder up myself. Blank one side and

Just got my Paralympics email. I got Opening, closing ceremonies and athletics with the 100m final woo hoo.

OMG!!! I got 2x £20.12 Opening Ceremony tickets !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it I am going to the opening ceremony!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Beijing had there last sales in March and April 2008 (or only a mere 5 months before the games). Vancouver had a final round of sales in Demcember 2009. So its utter nonsense to say London cannot put together a final sales phase 7 months beforehand when every other host in recent memory has done so. And the deadlines for Olympic Family sales are well before the final round of sales, hence the final round of sales.

Actually Beijing 2008's local Phase 3 sale was May-early June, and the very brief Phase 4 sale was July 25-26, less than 2 weeks before Games started!

Actually Beijing 2008's local Phase 3 sale was May-early June, and the very brief Phase 4 sale was July 25-26, less than 2 weeks before Games started!

It still supports my argument more, since CoSport had there final sale in April 2008.

I emailed CoSport asking them if there'd be some way of selling an event that I cannot attend for face value and they said they will not have a ticket exchange program. Does anybody know if the ticket resale exchange set up by LOCOG next year will allow non-UK residents to participate? Perhaps someone might know from past Olympics on what to do?

Thank you!

I emailed CoSport asking them if there'd be some way of selling an event that I cannot attend for face value and they said they will not have a ticket exchange program. Does anybody know if the ticket resale exchange set up by LOCOG next year will allow non-UK residents to participate? Perhaps someone might know from past Olympics on what to do?

Thank you!

According to LOCOG, their resale system will be for EU residents only. Judging by the board archives, you stand a pretty good chance of selling your tickets on here--at least that's what I plan on doing. I feel better about selling them on here instead of eBay, knowing they'll go to a true Olympics fan, not someone looking to sell them again for a big profit.

Thank you!

If it is the same process than for Vancouver, the fan to fan website of LOCOG will only be opened to tickets bought directly at LOCOG.

Outside this official process, I assume that the ticketing policy doesn't allow to resale tickets...

Londonflare - how did you get tickets on iceland ? all I get is error messages !

NYC - which events do you think you may have spares ? I know a few people !!!!

I might have spares to Mens Basketball Bronze Medal game, Womens Hockey Gold Medal game, Mens Hockey Bronze Medal game, and Taekwondo Mens +80kg Womens +67kg Finals. I'm still figuring out my trip details.

• Like 1

I managed to get 4 tickets to Gold Womans Basketball, Bronze Mens Basketball and Fensing Final on Iceland last night. (no one has offically confirmed we will be allowed them tho). It came up and you had to just go for it there and then, I was a bit late, missed the really really good stuff, there was swimming, diving, athletics finals. As it was such a hurry to book them I over booked and will probably have two tickets for one of the basketball sessions to sell on if its allowed. My friend wont pay for both as was buying for him as well.

I might have spares to Mens Basketball Bronze Medal game, Womens Hockey Gold Medal game, Mens Hockey Bronze Medal game, and Taekwondo Mens +80kg Womens +67kg Finals. I'm still figuring out my trip details.

What category tickets and how many ? I could well be able to help !!

Hello!

What is the Iceland's website to have tickets for the Olympic Games? Is it available in English?

Thank you a lot

HI sorry its not in english. http://t.co/3CZIFuH. It doenst seem to be working at the moment though. I was a bit late to hear about it most of the stuff was gone yesterday by the time I got wind of it. The fact it was not english probably made me miss out on the best stuff as i spent ages learning how to use the site.

What category tickets and how many ? I could well be able to help !!

2 tickets each

Mens Basketball Bronze Medal game (Category A)

Womens Hockey Gold Medal game (Category B)

Mens Hockey Bronze Medal game (Category A)

Taekwondo Mens +80kg Womens +67kg Finals (Category A)

2 tickets each

Mens Basketball Bronze Medal game (Category A)

Womens Hockey Gold Medal game (Category B)

Mens Hockey Bronze Medal game (Category A)

Taekwondo Mens +80kg Womens +67kg Finals (Category A)

Sorry, I didn't realize that emoticon would have popped up... Category B is what I meant

European Co-sport sale has started with fair availability for many events (mostly A or B class tickets) but no athletics, gymnastics, tennis, swimming or diving... Closing Ceremony is available though (if you have a few thousand £....).

Steal of the day I can see is Rhythmic Gymnastics Individual All Around finals (category D) for £159 (inc B&B at the Ibis Heathrow) at Thomas Cook. Not a bad price for a package considering it contains some very sought after tickets!

Just trying to get through this now!! Certainly no gymnastics tickets there.

Right, I think I've got 1x archery, 2x sailing (on a Saturday, so a day on the coast), 1x fencing and 4x greco-roman wrestling. None are my first choice sports, but got a few more tickets anyway.

Will try maybe for some football or something tomorrow in LOCOG's second chance sales. :)

Edited by RobH

Whats with the wheelchair symbol on the cosport site next to tickets - are these wheelchair tickets that able people shouldn't buy?

No, roll over it and it will explain.

Do we know at what time will start the Locog second phase tomorrow ? 8am or 9am GMT ?