London 2012 Olympics Tickets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so excited I can't even work now!!

Great news Kevzz, woo hoo. I want them to do the same with the closing now. I wonder if these are Thomas Cook tickets? Opening Ceremony for £20 thats amazing value

Yes, £20 i never thought they will come up again. They said it will be restricted views but I dont care! :P

I will test it tommorow. From my pov this is the same ticket booth than during the test events, so just before the screening areas just on the road separating the Olympic Park from the Westfield Center (close to the Aquatic Center).

boxoffice.jpg

So the Ticket Box office is almost where i was expected it was, except it is now across the street : at the end of the street separating the Oly Park & Westfield Center, close to the railway tracks... facing the Aquatic Center !

Yes some of my tickets have to be collected. I will go tommorow...

But some are still waited to be delivered in France ! Hopefully my french delivery address is by my parents that are supposed to forward them to me... but less than 2 weeks before the games, i am a little bit worried...

I just sent LOCOG an email. Will try to find a phone number.... :wacko:

So every is solve ! I showed up at the Tix Box Office to collect 2 tickets... and they checked which tickets I already received and proposed me to print the missing tickets (even before I asked !).

They told me I could still received the old ones... but that their bar codes have been canceled ! And no need to send them back....

Ticketing staff of Ticketmaster has been efficient...

Did you find a number? It's 0844 800 2012

At the box office, before solving my issue, they gave me 2 phone's numbers for the Ticketmaster Customer Service : 0904 049 4003 & 0207 344 4000

Great news, kevzz! So happy that you've managed to get hold of some. The atmosphere will still be epic even if the views aren't great... Do you know where your seats are? I can think of a few spots that look like views will be limited at certain points.

Great news, kevzz! So happy that you've managed to get hold of some. The atmosphere will still be epic even if the views aren't great... Do you know where your seats are? I can think of a few spots that look like views will be limited at certain points.

FD I haven't got the tickets yet am so excited stoll actually thinking of collecting them early tomorrow morning before work! :)

I wonder too where the seats will be? Is it possibly behind the Tor? That's the only place I can think of. Good if u can give me some heads up first so I know what to expect. I hope it's not that bad that I miss half of the field of play? :P

Opening ceremony tickets available from £20 but with restricted views, get em now if u fancy it on the 2012 ticketing site

WHAT???!!! :( Tickets available from £20???

This is not happening.. Do you know if they will add more £20 tickets tomorow ?? And what time????

I can´t believe this....Really...i´m so, so sad now...

So every is solve ! I showed up at the Tix Box Office to collect 2 tickets... and they checked which tickets I already received and proposed me to print the missing tickets (even before I asked !).

They told me I could still received the old ones... but that their bar codes have been canceled ! And no need to send them back....

Ticketing staff of Ticketmaster has been efficient...

At the box office, before solving my issue, they gave me 2 phone's numbers for the Ticketmaster Customer Service : 0904 049 4003 & 0207 344 4000

I sure wish CoSport was even half that efficient. Some other members of my group finally received their tickets today. Seats split up all over the place! Members of my family have 2 tickets to a basketball game, 15 rows apart!!

Of course there's no helpful response from them about the separated seats - not even an explanation or an apology. And that's IF you can get through after re-dailing repeatedly because of all the busy signals and being on hold for over an hour.

My sister didn't receive her order at all, and received no emails or anything from them. After running the gauntlet of reaching them on the phone, and not allowing them to get rid of her with their usual "just remain patient" BS, she was finally told that they'd "forgotten" to ship her order and that she'd have to pick up her tickets in London. This may cause her to miss her first event, which is in the afternoon of the day she arrives out at ExCel and will have a friend of hers competing, because she will now have to go to the CoSport Will Call Center way over by Paddington and wait god knows how long to get her tickets.

And still no one has done a damn thing about the tennis tickets missing from my order. I was told today that they "might be" at the London will call, and that perhaps I should check there when I arrive.

Grrrrr...

500,000 football tickets removed to ensure full stadiums

Organisers have halted sales of half of the remaining football tickets, leaving 250,000 football tickets on sale at the moment with another 250,000 to be put on sale in the next 10 days.

The numbers will be topped up by a further 150,000 free tickets for schoolchildren through the Ticketshare scheme.

Organisers have wanted to have the Olympic venues full to capacity to ensure a passionate crowd atmosphere and a vibrant backdrop for the global television audience.

Locog now has just under a million Olympic tickets in total still to sell: 650,000 of which are football tickets and 300,000 tickets to non-football events, including the ceremonies.

http://www.telegraph...l-stadiums.html

Al in NYC - if she is arriving into Heathrow, tell her to take Heathrow Express to Paddington since at least then she wastes less time collecting tickets. Probably already what she plans but figured it was worthwhile mentioning.

I know the Olympic football tournament is a bit underwhelming. But I must say that I'm truly surprised that in a football-mad country like the UK, and with the Olympics coming to so many different cities for a once-in-a-lifetime event, that ticket sales have been so poor. Olympic soccer, as we would call it over here, sold pretty well in the U.S. for both the L.A. and Atlanta games, since so many people saw it as an easy and not-too-expensive opportunity to experience at least a tiny bit of the Olympics first-hand in their own hometown.

Any insight as to what accounts for the difficulty they seem to be having in selling tickets for these games?

Al in NYC - if she is arriving into Heathrow, tell her to take Heathrow Express to Paddington since at least then she wastes less time collecting tickets. Probably already what she plans but figured it was worthwhile mentioning.

Thanks for the tip FDLondon. I've passed it on to her. Hopefully, she can get through everything quickly enough for her and her husband to make it out to ExCel for the boxing.

Her situation is just a little better than mine, since CoSport actually confirmed that they have all of her tickets. I arrive in London on Aug. 1 and am supposed to have tennis tickets for the next day that are still missing.

The latest on CoSport is that they shut down their US phone line yesterday. Now all you get is a recorded message to call a UK number. However, that number is not yet connected, and apparently won't be up and running until July 23rd. See, what wonderful and responsive customer service you get when you pay premium prices!

New York Times sport reporter Mary Pilon has contacted some people for a potential story on the US ticketing mess and CoSport. If you would like to contact her in support of this story, her email is: mpilon@nytimes.com

hey guys, im not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but was just wondering

going to be in London on August 1st I have a layover for the night from delhi to washington,

i wanted to go by the olympic park, not to any events,

is there anyway to get a ticket to the olympic park, besides cosport (which is just a terrible terrible site)

im a us resident/citizen, would really appreciate the help, thanks

I'd say an age restricted game might not have much appeal when anyone that is in to football can look to get tickets for one of the 10 permier league games that happen every week from August to May every year.

I suppose that is true, but still, it is the Olympics. And how often are they going to come to, say, Coventry or Cardiff?

In many ways it's roughly analogous to Olympic baseball (when they had such a thing), or Olympic basketball or hockey in the pre-professional era. But all of those things drew quite well when the Games were here in North America, even though fans of those sports could all go see the best play in their respective leagues. And certainly the US team games (and Canada in the case of hockey) sold out easily. Again, it's the Olympics, and how often do you get the chance to see them come to your town and to cheer your country's team at home? Even if it is made up of college kids.

Are at least the games of the British team selling well? As I remember it, there was a rather odd controversy (well, odd from this side of the world) over who should be allowed on a "British" football team. Is that still part of the problem in selling tickets there?

hey guys, im not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but was just wondering

going to be in London on August 1st I have a layover for the night from delhi to washington,

i wanted to go by the olympic park, not to any events,

is there anyway to get a ticket to the olympic park, besides cosport (which is just a terrible terrible site)

im a us resident/citizen, would really appreciate the help, thanks

There were tickets sold in the UK that simply admitted you to the Olympic Park. However, CoSport, which is (very unfortunately) the sole authorized ticket seller for US residents, never offered those tickets. I don't know if the Park-only tickets sold out or not. And it looks to me like the secondary market in London is mostly being well controlled by LOCOG right now, which effectively limits it to UK and EU residents. But I'm sure an active and open secondary market once the games gets underway, as always seems to happen. Maybe you can pick one up then.

Archived