London 2012 Olympics Tickets

My table tennis tickets that I ordered on May 23 arrived this morning and they are the big souvenir type. The others that I ordered the following week arrived a week earlier but were the smaller more basic ones.

Logical... Not the same way to threat, print and process with them. The basic ones have a quicker process !

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I sell 3 tickets for Athletics session on 3 august night COD: AT002 category C

The price is face value: 150£ at ticket

I take this tickets with sportworld and i have the ticket collection in London.

I Sell 1 ticket basket session COD: BK024 cat B

The price is face value: 98 €

I received the ticket on next week from noc Holland.

I sell 1 ticket for Fencing session on 2 august gold medal session (womens foil team) COD: FE016 category C

The price is face value: 59€ at ticket

I take this tickets with noc Holland and i will received the ticket in next week

If you are interest contact me here: bono83@hotmail.it

Thanks

Hi

I sell 3 tickets for Athletics session on 3 august night COD: AT002 category C

The price is face value: 150£ at ticket

I take this tickets with sportworld and i have the ticket collection in London.

I Sell 1 ticket basket session COD: BK024 cat B

The price is face value: 98 €

I received the ticket on next week from noc Holland.

I sell 1 ticket for Fencing session on 2 august gold medal session (womens foil team) COD: FE016 category C

The price is face value: 59€ at ticket

I take this tickets with noc Holland and i will received the ticket in next week

If you are interest contact me here: bono83@hotmail.it

Thanks

*the price is face value*

Expecting a FedEx delivery next Tuesday. (I think the tickets I've ordered the 20th of June)

Still haven't heard anything from the Dutch ATR (ATP Event Experts). Has anyone ordered tickets there too?

Received this information from ATP Travel Experts today:

Dear Sir/Madame,

In our administration system we can see that you have bought tickets during the period:

12th of June 2012 – 13.00 / 29th of June 2012 – 08.00

The ID numbers during this time range from 25791 till 27236

We have received the tickets for these orders today and these will be sent to you by Monday the 16th of July 2012.

We would like to point out that these tickets will only be sent to you once, to the address which you have given us. If you are not at home at the time of delivery, you can pick up these tickets at your local post office within 3 weeks.

If you are not able to collect the tickets within these three weeks, then please do let us know and we can find a solution for this.

The deadline for this is Thursday the 12th of July at 18.00

You can send your email to webshopos2012@atpi.com, please state the ID number and name of the person who place the booking.

The ID number (5 digits) can be found at the top of your confirmation email which you received once you placed your booking.

If we do not receive a reaction from you before the 12th of July 18.00, then the tickets will be sent to you on Monday the 16th of July.

If for whatever reason your payment has not come through, ATP Event Experts will give you a one-time possibility to make the payment again through an email payment link. This link will be sent to your email as soon as possible. If the second payment is successful the abovementioned text applies.

Please Note:

Hockey tickets that are ordered for the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th of August can be collected at the Holland Heineken House in London. For more information, please read our booking terms and conditions that can be found on our website: www.atpi.nl/os2012

Best regards,

(there are still tickets available in the webshop http://os2012.atpi.nl/uk.php?id=561)

Bad news received from Cosport tonight (bad news for me because I will have to miss an event)

Dear Alain:

We are writing to provide you with an update regarding your London 2012 Olympic Games ticket order. You recently received or soon will receive your Olympic Games tickets. The shipment will not include some tickets for sessions to be held at North Greenwich Arena (Basketball and Gymnastics – Artistic specifically).

This is because some tickets we purchased from the Organizing Committee were not delivered in time for shipment by CoSport. Rather than wait for the tickets to arrive, we decided to ship the remainder of your order. If we receive the remainder of your order(s) this week we will attempt to ship them to you by Friday, July 13th. If this is not possible, those tickets will be available at our London will call office for retrieval by either the Accountholder or their designee. A dedicated pick-up lane will be made available at our will call office for this type of pick-up to minimize your wait time.

CoSport’s London will call office, located at City of Westminster College - Paddington Green Campus, will be open from July 23 to August 12 between the hours of 9:00am - 7:00pm (09:00 - 19:00).

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay in receiving the tickets. We remain committed to ensuring you receive the tickets you have purchased tickets through CoSport safely in advance of your event sessions.

Best Regards,

CoSport

Received my ticket order from CoSport today, MINUS a set of tennis tickets. Weirdly though, I did receive the Travelcards for those tickets.

Made a "quick" call to CoSport (30 minutes on hold), just to be told that the only way to address the problem was to send them an email. So I sailed an email off into space, with the subject line "TICKETS MISSING". We'll see if I receive a response.

Also, the tickets I received for two sessions do not even have the seats together!! Even worse, these 4 ticket orders are split 3 and 1, not 2 and 2, which would at least make sense. When I complained to CoSport about this I was told that that's the way they received the tickets from London (which doesn't sound likely to me), and that I should address my complaints to the spectator services people when I arrive at the venue for the event!!?! At the prices we're paying, and especially at the extortionate markup charged by CoSport to those of us in countries held hostage to their profiteering, this is really an unacceptible problem and a completely unacceptible response.

So, my advise to everyone out there is to check your order carefully. Has anyone else out there run into tickets missing from their order, or seats not together in the tickets they receive?

Yes, received most of my tickets from CoSport yesterday via FedEx. Missing tickets include all Gymnastic tickets and Men's Basketball.

Wrote them a email and their response: (see above posting from: Chateau Petru).

Also a few of my other tickets received yesterday are not seated together. Totally unacceptable from CoSport. On the tickets for the same event, Swimming, the two seats are 1 section apart + 3 rows. One ticket printed "Sweden NOC" one printed "Australia NOC". At least CoSport can hire extra temp employee sorting out the tickets before mailing them out.

We should have a class action law suit.

Yes, received most of my tickets from CoSport yesterday via FedEx. Missing tickets include all Gymnastic tickets and Men's Basketball.

Wrote them a email and their response: (see above posting from: Chateau Petru).

Also a few of my other tickets received yesterday are not seated together. Totally unacceptable from CoSport. On the tickets for the same event, Swimming, the two seats are 1 section apart + 3 rows. One ticket printed "Sweden NOC" one printed "Australia NOC". At least CoSport can hire extra temp employee sorting out the tickets before mailing them out.

We should have a class action law suit.

Where are you located ?

I'm assuming you are in North America so not from Sweden or Australia.... So according to the IOC rules you will not be allowed to access those tickets.... So is Cosport USA or Cosport Canada participating to the ticketing scandal ???

That's appauling. I bought my parents two tennis tickets through Cosport which I'll be collecting the week before the Games; if they've not seated them together I'll be asking for my money back. How can they get away with such rubbish?

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Where are you located ?

I'm assuming you are in North America so not from Sweden or Australia.... So according to the IOC rules you will not be allowed to access those tickets.... So is Cosport USA or Cosport Canada participating to the ticketing scandal ???

I'm not who you addressed that question to, but I figured I'd answer anyway. I'm in the USA, of course, and tickets I received are printed with "Bulgaria NOC," "Norway NOC," and IOC sponsor "Acer," as well as USA NOC and Jet Set Sports (CoSport's tour package selling arm). Since Bulgaria and Norway (as well as Sweden and Australia) are CoSport-partnered NOCs, I don't find this really strange at all. Resellers often move around inventory to cover variations in demand. Acer is a bit of a head-scratcher though. And the real scandal, of course, is taking money from bandits like CoSport (and incompetent bandits at that) to do your ticket selling for you.

I also got an athletics session with two seats that aren't seated together . . . I'm one row in front of my mom and about 20 seats to her right . . . I suppose there is nothing to be done except hope that we can rectify it on the day of. Hopefully some of the people around us will have equally mismatched tickets and we can all make room for ourselves.

I'm not who you addressed that question to, but I figured I'd answer anyway. I'm in the USA, of course, and tickets I received are printed with "Bulgaria NOC," "Norway NOC," and IOC sponsor "Acer," as well as USA NOC and Jet Set Sports (CoSport's tour package selling arm). Since Bulgaria and Norway (as well as Sweden and Australia) are CoSport-partnered NOCs, I don't find this really strange at all. Resellers often move around inventory to cover variations in demand. Acer is a bit of a head-scratcher though. And the real scandal, of course, is taking money from bandits like CoSport (and incompetent bandits at that) to do your ticket selling for you.

Even if CoSport is a partner of the Bulgarian NOC or Norway's NOC... that means they are allocating tickets that are due to some european NOC to other countries and that they are resaling tickets from Sponsors.... :ph34r:

So from my pov, that is part of the actual ticketing scandal.... where people in some countries are not able to get tickets as they are sold elsewhere and where some NOC as making money with there tickets by saling the ATRs' national rights to agencies that have no interest in their local market but ready to make money elsewhere :angry:

Cosport is an authorised reseller, and I somehow doubt they would pay "black market" prices for the sponsors and NOC tickets, so I would not say its part of a scandal. However, because of there official reseller status, they are able to purchase the sponsors and NOCs tickets at or near face(purhaps even below) and resell them to Cosport customers at the 30-50 percent markup. Of course this is all authorized by the IOC, that is scandolous! but not a scandal or aparently against the IOC rules.

Even if CoSport is a partner of the Bulgarian NOC or Norway's NOC... that means they are allocating tickets that are due to some european NOC to other countries and that they are resaling tickets from Sponsors.... :ph34r:

So from my pov, that is part of the actual ticketing scandal....

Everything CoSport does is just as "bad" as any ticket scandal. But they kick some money back to the OC's, so when they do it, it's allowed. Total BS.

Right now the IOC is supposidly reviewing how tickets are sold due to these scandals (they are worried about the bad scandals of coruse, not the legal onces they sanction.) If they care a bit about honestly and integrity, they solution is very simple. Have the host committe sell *all* tickets. Anyone think they will do that? Or do you think they will find ways to try and limit the corruption that doesn't kick back to them, while preserving CoSport and others who do kick back?

PS - Just checked my tickets. I'd like to thank the good posters here from Australia. Apparenty, my beach volleyball and rowing tickets are supposed to be yours.

So from my pov, that is part of the actual ticketing scandal.... where people in some countries are not able to get tickets as they are sold elsewhere and where some NOC as making money with there tickets by saling the ATRs' national rights to agencies that have no interest in their local market but ready to make money elsewhere :angry:

I've been to several Olympics now, and you first have to realize that a certain amount of this sort of this has always gone on. And for good reason. Historically, many NOCs that couldn't sell some or all of their allotments, because their populace was too poor to afford the tickets or the trip, because they heavily restricted travel by citizens outside their borders (as in the bad ol' days of the Communist bloc), or because there was little or no interest in several of the sports, would often turn their tickets back and they would then be redistributed to other countries with heavier demand. And there was also a fair amount of horse-trading between various NOCs and authorized resellers to meet nation-specific variations in demand. So, for instance, the US would send team handball tickets to Sweden, and Sweden and other countries would send basketball tickets to the US.

At the first Olympics I ever attended, Montreal 1976, I well remember that it became clear to us that some of the tickets we got at the end of the process from the US authorized agent (which was, believe it or not, Sears) had been unsold inventory from Japan. As a bunch of us Americans and Canadians found ourselves sitting in the stadium surrounded by flag-waving Japanese fans.

The difference now though is that CoSport has become the official aggregator of these sorts of tickets from many countries (and, it seems, from official sponsors). And they apparently use them as they please to run (incompetently) a sort of official ticket (and accommodations) scalping ring for the benefit of many NOCs, for the extreme extortionate benefit of themselves, and to the detriment of everyone else.

Cosport is an authorised reseller, and I somehow doubt they would pay "black market" prices for the sponsors and NOC tickets, so I would not say its part of a scandal. However, because of there official reseller status, they are able to purchase the sponsors and NOCs tickets at or near face(purhaps even below) and resell them to Cosport customers at the 30-50 percent markup. Of course this is all authorized by the IOC, that is scandolous! but not a scandal or aparently against the IOC rules.

You may not know, or appreciate, the history of CoSport owner Sead Dizdarevic, who has already been involved in 2 major Olympic scandals.

The story of Sead Dizdarevic:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/olympics/2010280290_olytickets16.html

CoSport is an authorized reseller because of the influence and connections they have bought and carefully cultivated with many big Olympic players, and the flood of money they've brought into the process with their strong-arm monopolistic strategies.

Wow, I specialed two tickets to LOCOG for resale yesterday lunchtime (1 early morning handball and 1 women's football Gold medal match) and I've just got an email saying they've already been resold. Very efficient!

I wished they have a system which notify you when there's any ticket came back up for resale in the session that you are interested in. I have been checking opening ceremony ticket incessantly lately hoping will bump into a £150 ticket that goes up resale. Still no luck so far! Just wished there's a more efficient manner than constantly checking randomly like this

Wow, I specialed two tickets to LOCOG for resale yesterday lunchtime (1 early morning handball and 1 women's football Gold medal match) and I've just got an email saying they've already been resold. Very efficient!

Yes, and one they received back your tickets, it is very quickly to get the money back....

Received an email from London 2012 advising to bring as little as possible to the venue's -

one small soft-sided bag is allowed per person – this must fit under your seat.

..will a rucksack be okay. I will be going straight from the train to the venue. It will have overnight essentials in it for when I check into the hotel later in the day.

Received my tickets this morning (without Gymnastic as announced by Cosport)

With 19 Travelcards (I need in reallity only 6 of them)

Really unhappy of my seat location for Diving. I took a B category hoping to be near the diving's pool. No, I am at the extreme opposite. In fact, not even in front of the swimming's pool. I can not be more far.

For the rest, I'm satisfy a lot. My best seat will be for a Taekwondo final, on the sixth row right in the front of the action.

Happy for my Athletics tickets, I will be on the 21th row at around the 50 or 60 meters mark for the Men's 200m finals (never be so close)

MAJOR TICKET NEWS ALERT!!!!!!!!!!! If you want tickets keep an eye out

From the BBC

Up to 30,000 more Olympic tickets are likely to go on sale to the public in the coming days after Locog's short break partner Thomas Cook returned a large batch of unsold seats -including some for the most sought after events.

The lower-end tickets and hotel deals have sold well but some of the more expensive packages have not. Thomas Cook's website was today offering deals for the best tickets to the opening ceremony plus a five-star hotel for an eye-watering £5999.

Unable to shift those types of high end tickets, they have now been returned to the Locog system.

Archived