London 2012 Olympics Tickets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and what is that about ?

Please develop here.... no needs to just paste a twitter link !

:angry:

My apologies... last night at about 8.30pm GMT, @OlympicAlerts re-tweeted a tweet from someone in US that CoSport were releasing about 22,000 tickets onto their website.

After that, it was the usual manic feeding frenzy on Twitter with people buying for others, making requests, that sort of thing. There were some great tickets available: athletics were the big prize. AT004, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15 all available and at cheap categories. Even a small number of CT (track cycling) and CB (BMX) - lots of DV, but no SW.

details here - follow link: https://twitter.com/#!/OlympicAlerts/status/167721946136584192

http://pressbox.teamusa.org/Pages/CoSport-secures-additional-London-2012-Olympic-Games-tickets-for-sale-in-the-United-States.aspx

website is https://canada.cosport.com/ go to Tickets & Packages, select US from drop-down menu, then click on "Individual Tickets" on link in top-right hand corner to see availability.

Hope that is more useful than my post above!

John

No longer post much on this forum and the main reason is that in the wold of social media, forums can be too slow. Nowhere is this most evident than in the world of 2012 ticket buying. Of the London 2012 tickets that I have bought (from 13 countries) only have of these were from pre-announced sales where you could plan ahead. Even then, as with the Dertour sale in January, the sale started 2 hours before the pre-announced time and you need to react immediately.

Therefore, as John says (@volshy), following the right people on Twitter is crucial. I will declare an interest, I'm a part of John's twitter group and my sister works for them. Nonetheless, it's the best way to get London 2012 tickets and due to Twitter, this week I had my best ticket success in ages through CoSport when a US based friend bought Cat D, Track Cycling final tickets.

Also means that my US based friend who attended Sydney 2000 will now be coming to London 2012 as he Twitter lead helped him o get some really good tickets at nice prices from Cosport. :)

... must be Sanj! - Alright mate? Crazy times! To be fair, wish I'd known about this forum sooner, because I'd might have had a nibble at Dertour much sooner. Looks like several here were on it before the 22-May Sunday Times article...

Anyway.... how's CANADA CoSport looking then? :-)

Cosport Australia tickets went on sale 10 minutes ago. No swimming but AT007 and AT015 at $112AUD. Don't get mad - get tickets!!

I had a spare 15 minutes at work today and for the first time in a few days just had a look at the cosport website. Lucky I did. Got a couple more tickets so I am happy.

Additional tickets also by Cosport for European citizen

Dear CoSport Account Holder:

We have an important update regarding the London 2012 Olympic Games and individual ticket availability. CoSport is pleased to announce that we have obtained additional Individual Tickets from LOCOG, and that this inventory is currently available for purchase. The ticket inventory is updated in real-time and all tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-serve basis from the available inventory.

All sales are being done exclusively on our website – www.cosport.com.

Please note each country’s available individual ticket inventory is held completely separate from event tickets reserved for other countries served by CoSport. Only residents of a given country have access to individual ticket sales in that country.

More than 3,700 tickets have been obtained, and all of them are now available for purchase. Not all sports events or sessions will be available for purchase, but all available inventory is displayed on the website. We do have some great sport sessions available such as athletics, basketball, beach volleyball and gymnastics.

Yep, got 2 handball tickets (will sell my early morning one I got in the ballot now if I can), and a hockey ticket.

Lots and lots of tickets released tonight.

There are closing ceremony tickets there if anyone wants to shell out 1200 Euros as well.

hi guys..i purchased some diving tickets(the expensive ones for tom daley!!) via cosport but i am thinking that if im successful in getting ceremony or athletics tickets in the april sale i may need to sell them to survive financially!!!! what channels can you go through to legitimately sell cosport tickets as i know it doesnt come under the official resell

The very last resort

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9113537/London-2012-Olympics-prepare-your-tents-Wimbledon-queues-expected-for-remaining-Games-tickets.html

How many nights are you willing to camp out for a ticket you wanted the most?

I think for me I wouldn't mind camping 4 nights for an opening ceremony ticket

• 3 weeks later...

Archived