London 2012 Olympics Tickets

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

volshy here - you may recognise me from Twitter. Wassup?

@volshy

The ticket maestro himself! Without whom I may not have Athletics finals tickets, cycling tickets... To clarify, Volshy's not a ticket broker (so he can't 'get' you 100m finals, for example), but his tireless work has helped many by pointing in the right direction, as soon as a hint of something appears. There's still plenty of tickets to lots of different sports on Dertour, Cosport EU, available right now - they may not be the prime events at the moment, but as soon as prime events go on sale somewhere, you can bet Volshy will be there to tell you (before it happens, in many cases)! There are whispers of Slovakia, maybe at the end of February...

He's got an infectious enthusiasm for the Games - definitely a personality and a 'glass half full' kinda guy!

The ticket maestro himself! Without whom I may not have Athletics finals tickets, cycling tickets... To clarify, Volshy's not a ticket broker (so he can't 'get' you 100m finals, for example), but his tireless work has helped many by pointing in the right direction, as soon as a hint of something appears. There's still plenty of tickets to lots of different sports on Dertour, Cosport EU, available right now - they may not be the prime events at the moment, but as soon as prime events go on sale somewhere, you can bet Volshy will be there to tell you (before it happens, in many cases)! There are whispers of Slovakia, maybe at the end of February...

He's got an infectious enthusiasm for the Games - definitely a personality and a 'glass half full' kinda guy!

You're too kind Drewster! :)

Well everyone, you know where to find me.... Twitter's where it's at...

Later,

@volshy

Never used it.

Shame - OlympicNut (and many others) will testify that for any kind of breaking news whether 'news', sport, tv, etc etc it's lightning quick. It's been utterly amazing for Olympic ticket info and the way people have coalesced around this common cause has been truly astonishing.

You may have noticed that most of the posts here about latest ticket sales have been sourced from Twitter.

Seriously, if you want the latest & best Olympic ticket news .... Twitter is where it's at.

@volshy

Shame - OlympicNut (and many others) will testify that for any kind of breaking news whether 'news', sport, tv, etc etc it's lightning quick. It's been utterly amazing for Olympic ticket info and the way people have coalesced around this common cause has been truly astonishing.

You may have noticed that most of the posts here about latest ticket sales have been sourced from Twitter.

Seriously, if you want the latest & best Olympic ticket news .... Twitter is where it's at.

@volshy

If you're here for just advertising your twitter account, you could pass your way !!!!

But if you want to share here and participate actively to this thread, you are welcome ;-)

I'm following you now, and if OlympicNut is right about your Twitter efforts in getting people tickets you are more than welcome on this forum and in this thread! :D

With regard to Twitter, it is invaluable. I have it open in a tab all the time in the background at work. It really would feel like not having a phone if it went away. Follow the right people and you get to hear of news stories before SKY and the BBC get hold of them, for example. Really worth looking into if you haven't tried it; don't believe those who say it's full of people telling you what they've had for breakfast!!

If you're here for just advertising your twitter account, you could pass your way !!!!

But if you want to share here and participate actively to this thread, you are welcome ;-)

I'm simply interested in helping others find Olympic tickets that's all. Something of a personal mission of mine.

In my experience so far, I've found that Twitter has been the most effective tool. Conventional forums like this and Facebook haven't been that effective IMO in getting news out quicky... If you're not a Twitter user then maybe you won't appreciate just how brilliant it is at disseminating news quickly.

James Pearce of BBC News (@pearcesport) has been an invaluable help in sourcing tickets from outside the UK - he had about 15,000 followers last June, but now he has 37,000 and I suspect alot of that is due mainly to word of mouth recommendations re: his ticket news but also his Pakistani cricket court-case tweeting (followed by this weeks Redknapp case).

You'd don't have to follow me... there are now plenty others who share ticket news. Trust me - it's the place to be for this type of thing.

I'm following you now, and if OlympicNut is right about your Twitter efforts in getting people tickets you are more than welcome on this forum and in this thread! :D

With regard to Twitter, it is invaluable. I have it open in a tab all the time in the background at work. It really would feel like not having a phone if it went away. Follow the right people and you get to hear of news stories before SKY and the BBC get hold of them, for example. Really worth looking into if you haven't tried it; don't believe those who say it's full of people telling you what they've had for breakfast!!

Thanks for the welcome Rob and I know exactly how you feel re Twitter. What's your Twitter name by the way?

To be honest, I was aware that quite a few from here had migrated to Twitter and just thought I'd pop in and say hello. I doubt very much I'll be posting any ticket news here. Keeping up with Twitter is hard enough!

With regard to EU Olympic ticket sales, the very best sales have been & gone. While Finland have bits & pieces (request list by email), the best hope for the the really nice tickets seems to be the likes of CoSport and Eventeam to release tickets that are currently held in packages. We know that Eventeam have all CT sessions currently.

Every NOC received tickets for the Opening and Closing ceremonys?! I´m in Portugal and the Portuguese Olympic Committee don´t have tickets for the ceremonys. Well, they bought tickets to some VIP but to the generaly public they don ´t have. Just to some events. In the others NOC it´s the same situation?!

Thank you

Hello Baptista

I am randomly browsing through this forurm and noticed your post re: the Portugese allocation. Sorry if this is way out of date, but did you ever hear anymore about what tickets they got?

I tried several times to apply via Cosmos-Viagens but never got anywhere,

Thanks

John / @volshy

hummm im worried like you...probably i will buy tickets at COSMOS in Portugal..i just want tickets for judo finals (june 30)!!!!! and tennis.....and swimming morning sessions...sad.gif

Ireland THG have judo tickets for sale apparently according to @JoshMcStay & @DS21DS (Twitter)

Should we start a Gamesbids London 2012 ticket exchange so people can swap tickets or sell them on to other gamesbids members at face value price, would that work or is it against the 2012 rules. It would mean you know the tickets are going to real Olympic fans

Dave & everyone else - we have something like this set-up already... are you interested?

I have tickets for judo (pre and finals), tennis and water polo (LOCOG!!)

Well, im portuguese and i say to you: COSMOS is a travel agency with a bad work.

Im still waiting for an answer to an email that i sent in august!!!

Certainly i will complain about this situation to the portuguese olympic comm. and i think everyone should do the same!

Tickets for the London 2012 Olympics will be printed in the USA and shipped 4,500 miles back to Britain.

A multi-million-pound contract to print the tickets has controversially been awarded to a firm based in America.

The decision to hand the deal to the ‘Wild West’ town of Fort Smith, in Arkansas, was branded ‘a kick in the guts to British firms’ and flies in the face of a pledge to be ‘the greenest Games ever’.

The tickets are being printed just down the road from where I grew up! I wish I could swing by and pick mine up instead of having to pay $70 in Cosport shipping fees!

I have tickets for judo (pre and finals), tennis and water polo (LOCOG!!)

Well, im portuguese and i say to you: COSMOS is a travel agency with a bad work.

Im still waiting for an answer to an email that i sent in august!!!

Certainly i will complain about this situation to the portuguese olympic comm. and i think everyone should do the same!

Thanks Baptista - very interesting this.

I'm following a London-based Portugese lady on Twitter and she has the same experience. She has asked all her family & friends in Portugal and she knows of no-one at all who has tickets from the Portugal. That is unbelievable!

Do you think all the tickets went to athletes & friends of the the OC?

Im ok at the moment, Im happy with all my tickets but its good to know it already exists

we refer to it as 'the List' - it's been setup by @nmdouglas. I try & promote it on Twitter from time to time.

You're more than welcome to join! You'll be amazed by what you see on there...

i really don´t know...:(

I wonder why Portugal don´t have tickets for the Opening Ceremony.....ups, i wonder why Portugal/COSMOS don ´t have any tickets yet...well, maybe the president of the P.O.C. and his friends and cousins have tickets for the OC and for the finals.

Any news about the fantastic COSMOS or tickets and i´ll post here...

Archived